Shenmue III

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Shenmue III

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:37 pm

Supposedly this is coming out this year... and it's about the only thing I can think of that will make me buy a PS4. (Of course I'll try to find some titles if I actaully take the plunge). Anyone care to make some predictions? Will it make it out this year? Will it suck? Will he look for sailors?
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Re: Shenmue III

Postby EOJ » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:41 am

They're also releasing Shenmue I&II HD (dual voice) this year. There are tons of great games on the PS4. New Sakura Taisen coming as well. :o

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:47 pm

EOJ wrote:They're also releasing Shenmue I&II HD (dual voice) this year. There are tons of great games on the PS4. New Sakura Taisen coming as well. :o

I saw that... not super excited for it. I'm sure it will feature these new, hyper-angsty character designs that are the norm. But, who knows. Maybe it's amazing.

I'm sure there's some dope shit on the PS4. I just don't have time to play anything that doesn't absolutely blow my sox off (and doesn't take me a year). Will get around to the Switch soon I think... just gotta pull the trigger. A tax miscalculation has basically eaten into most of my play funds for a while... hoping to overcome that somehow though.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

schadenfreude
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby schadenfreude » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:18 am

I was in Yokohama last weekend for fireworks and decided to head to Yokosuka beforehand to check out the Shenmue tourist spots. Some of the shops that were modeled in the game also hand out maps of the area, like these: http://www.cocoyoko.net/news/shenmue.html. I went to one of the military clothing shops and was lucky enough to get the last Japanese copy he had plus an English one. Some of the locations they claim are modeled in the game are a stretch, but the accurate ones really took me back. I got some nice photos and the maps out of it, but I wouldn't recommend going out of your way for it unless you really want the maps and to validate Sega's advertising scheme for the third game.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:45 pm

Very cool -- I always though of heading down there but in the decade and a half I spent in Tokyo after that, never did. Never went to Yokosuka once in fact.

Will you post any of your photos? I guess I didn't know that Shenmue was popular enough to have any type of connection to it in real life shops these days.

schadenfreude
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby schadenfreude » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:21 pm

Ha, I guess I could, but the "problem" is that my ugly face is in all the pictures. If the link could be made to only be viewable by logged-in forum members, I'd post a link to my Flickr page. If you're really curious, PM me and I'll send you a link.

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:27 am

Anyone try that Shemue I&II pack on PS4,etc yet? Just wondering how good it is.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”