Startling Odyssey 1 PCE

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Startling Odyssey 1 PCE

Postby Azazel » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:48 pm

I think I've found a major bug in the game. If you use the warp spell while your in your ship and you go to any place your ship doesn't come with you. Unlike most games that your ship will be waiting for you outside of the town, castle or whereever you warped to. Bascially I can't go to the tower of the moon? which can only be reached by the flying ship. I tried both the normal ship and the submarine and you can't enter the little island where the Tower iswith either of those. It's the 2nd or 3rd last area of the game according to Yuki's site and I'm pissed now that I might not be able to finish the game.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:11 am

I think you might be right. I recall something about this a while back when I played it, and always made sure I had the ship with me. As you also know though, I got stuck in the game (twice) never getting past the 2nd stump. Did you by any chance save in more than one slot?

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:31 am

I have 2 save states as well as a normal save file. One of them will most likely work although I would have to try it again. I can also probably do things to make them work and get the ship back if you know what I'm saying? I've only really got stuck in one other part which that one dungeon where you get the Thunder Sword as you have to step on these switches to make a hidden passageway appear that you can't even see after beating the boss. Actually thinking about I already went to that Moon Tower already. I vaguely remember after meeting that old guy on the top floor it said something about that the moon would shine on some part in the lake. It literal said like lake and kanji for down/lower or whatever it is. I'm pretty sure it refering to that little bit of the lake in the underworld that isn't Magma. I might of very well missed something in the tower for all I know, maybe there's a switch or something you need to press, or I missed something?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:10 am

Best of luck. I think I missed a ton of stuff. I remember in the moon tower I definitely did. I eventually got to the end of the game, and one of the bosses kept slaughtering me, literally. I could only get one round of hits in. I gave up.

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:24 am

I checked and my other save files seem fine. I did find out that I never got the Sun God sword or whatever it was called. it turned out I forgot to unequip the Gaia Sword and so that old man would make those 4 swords into the Sun God sword. I'm still not sure what to do in the Moon Tower. That one guy in the temple just says after getting the sword that I need all 8 amulets and of course I only have 7 of them. Do you happen to remember from that long ago what you did special in the Moon Tower? The guy in the temple said something about that you need to activate a machine or something but I'm not sure what it's refering to?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:13 am

There was a place in the Moon Tower where you can see a moon symbol on the ground . Right to the next of that is a hidden path. Yuki himself said that stumped him for ages. I went through there and got what I needed. I don't know if that's going to help you in your case though.

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:55 am

I'll have to check the Moon tower again. I only remember there being these moon symbols on the walls on various floors. I tried searching around them and found nothing.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:34 am

It's a crescent moon. I guess it's more on the floor I'd say. There's an invisible path to the right of it (looks like a wall, but you can walk through it). If memory serves, this was the only moon symbol in the whole dungeon...it's been about 2 years though.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:48 am

Thanks for the info although I'm still stuck in the tower.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”