The Official WTF are YOU playing right now thread

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

CIT Seven Force
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Re: The Official WTF are YOU playing right now thread

Postby CIT Seven Force » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:57 pm

layzee wrote:Now that Rockman 9 and 10 have been released on disc (formerly digital only games), Hard Corps: Uprising is the next I would like a physical copy of. Maybe as a compilation with other digital-only Konami games (Akumajou Dracula: Rebirth/Harmony of Despair, Gradius Rebirth etc)?

"Konami" is the operative word here.

I don't think it's gonna happen. :/

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Re: The Official WTF are YOU playing right now thread

Postby zinger » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:49 pm

Late to the party as usual, but: Dark Souls, got damn! So satisfying on so many different levels! Especially during the beginning of the game, when you're still low-level, have shit gear, and are still trying to figure out the mechanics; the world just feels so vast and wonderfully dangerous! Art direction and atmosphere is spot on -- feels like Magic Sword in 3D! ;) I'm usually quick to dismiss a game as soon as I can smell exploitable farming/level grinding, but Dark Souls is a no-nonsense hardcore title no doubt! (To call it "very difficult" would be an exaggeration though, I'd say "challenging" at most) What an amazing game. I'd love to know how it compares to Demon's Souls.

I actually got Dark Souls 2 immediately after beating DS, which seems to be mediocre in comparison, so I won't bother with it any more. Although they obviously messed up a bunch of things quite badly, part of the reason I was disappointed with / couldn't get into it because was probably beacause the novelty factor had worn off. I'm really hoping Bloodborne is distinct and well-designed enough (or that future From titles will be) to properly engage me.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”