The Official WTF are YOU playing right now thread

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Darkchii
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Darkchii » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:57 pm

geelw2 wrote:
Azazel wrote:I think I'm going to try out Panzer Bandits next. Now I'll get to see if that or Guardian Heroes is really better. :D
gh is definitely a better game overal, but panzer bandit isn't bad. it's sort of a futuristic anime spinoff in a way. the ending(s) are a bit... interesting in that they're so low key, lol...
well gameplay wise, I thought PanzerBandits ad better gameplay and combo system. Its just a bit short compared to Guardian Heroes and there no multiples paths.
AKA SegaSlut/Psykotic Geisha

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:39 pm

I think the multiple paths was one of the best parts of Guardian Heroes. Of course I still haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I started playing the US Shining Force 3 a few days ago. Not sure if I'll play through the import parts 2 and 3 again. Especially because of the memory erasing problems :(

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:32 pm

I just got Panzer Bandits. I'll probably give it a whirl but nothing more. There still a lot on my to buy list. Two more to add to my currently playing: -Shinobi (PS2) -- I played through Kunoichi a few times, and quite enjoyed it once I learned the system -Panzer Dragoon Orta -- a friend borrowed this (for about 8 freakin' months) soon after I cleared it. A beautiful game, so am replaying it when I have an extra 10 minutes here and there.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Darkchii
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Darkchii » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:35 pm

The last boss in Shinobi is imposible, good luck beating him...(I almost never quit in those type of games, but I add to with this one before I got Insane )

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:30 am

Well, the last boss in Kunoichi wasn't easy by any stretch either. Took me about 100 tries to get it. Even if you know what you're doing, it takes about 10 minutes or so... imagine doing that 100 times! On the Gamefaq's Kunoichi board, there was a debate which was harder. I think they're both equally challenging -- including the final bosses. We shall see!
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Darkchii
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Darkchii » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:31 pm

Ohh no and I just started Kunoichi :o aka Nightshade I know what you mean, I once played 4 hours of retrying on that last Shinobi boss, and to think Ive only remove half of is HP :( and that's only once... I know 2 other person who got to the last boss and they both never succeded in beating him... :o

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:58 pm

Well, I've got my fingers crossed. I played Kunoichi on normal first, w/o ever playing Shinobi, which was a mistake. I should've either played Shinobi, or set the level to easy, as it's a pretty challenging game. I like the whole kicking thing. The only thing that drove me nuts is that the platforming gets pretty tricky around stage 6 or 7, and damn hard on 10 (out of 13 stages).

eight one
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby eight one » Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:06 am

Right now I'm playing Yoshinoya (PS2) and Pikmin (GC). And the occasional go at The Rumble Fish.
PROSCEUTEDT TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE JAM.

mepian
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby mepian » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:00 pm

How is Yoshinoya? I've seen a promo movie of it and it looks like the game is right up my alley. Right now I'm mostly playing Metal Slug 3 (PS2) and Virtua Racing (PS2), which I absolutely adore. Just got Wario World too and I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:24 am

I beat Princess Crown (Gradriel's scenario). Rather than do the others, I'm moving on for now. Sakura Taisen (DC) Will be purchasing Wario World and Metroid: Zero Mission later this week.

Darkchii
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Darkchii » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:00 pm

:D I just started Princess Crown over the weekend, awesome game! Sakura taisen, did that kamaya guy finished translating it? ( It still in my to play pile ) I kinda hoped for the translation before starting it.

NeoX
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby NeoX » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:23 pm

Heh, Gaijin you posted on Gamefaqs boards about Shinobi right? I am NeoX from there as well. If you got any Shinobi questions, I can answer them. I am happy with tieing 6 world records in Shinobi as of now, soon to be 7. I been playing La Pucelle (US version). And Darkchii, I been to Montreal many times. I am just across the border at Plattsburgh NY.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:16 pm

NeoX: Yeah, that's me. Thanks for swinging by! What's your record in Shinobi? Hiruko is just driving me nuts... although I've been trying to beat him with just one makimono (stupid, I know). I can't believe that's only normal difficulty. Kunoichi was very similar, although it took me a LOT longer to the last guy. He took me a good 3-4 hours of tries to get him as well. I think Kunoichi is an overall harder game, mainly due to platforming, but boss wise, Hiruko just sucks. Sakura Taisen: You know, I never knew of a translation project, so can't comment. It's a good idea (good game) but I'm not sure how it'll work if you're reading a long. A lot of the questions in the adventure part effect the characters stats in the strategy part. You have a time limit for those questions as well, so you'd need to know they're coming up before hand. It would definitely be a DC game worth hacking and translating. :)

NeoX
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby NeoX » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:48 pm

Here are my scores and times, the ones with a * next to them are maxed out (tieing the world record, max you can possibly do). My times are not the best and need some work to live up to the world record standards. I am going to max 7A next, it's my favorite stage and I have come so close. I can show you a video to help beat Hiroku if you want. Stage - Time - Score 1-A - 1'37''30 - 58,050* 1-B - 1'21''00 - 67,712 2-A - 3'00''57 - 81,110* 2-B - 1'52''97 - 70,720* 3-A - 3'47''09 - 54,260 3-B - 3'12''80 - 58,462 4-A - 3'39''92 - 56,180 4-B - 3'24''60 - 59,283 5-A - 2'23''65 - 47,630 5-B - 45''39 - 59,430* 6-A - 3'37''25 - 48,928 6-B - 33''87 - 59,430* 7-A - 2'46''44 - 61,161 7-B - 1'05''09 - 59,430* 8-A - 3'04''65 - 55,132 8-B - 7'15''12 - 57,073 EX - 5'05''82 - 48,969

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:57 pm

There's an online translation for it, probably somewhat like the Shining Force 3 scenarios 2 and 3. I don't how complete it as I never cared for the game or series. From what I've heard your answer won't affect the stretegy parts as there suppose to be kind of a joke difficulty wise. Most likely answer them right will make it even more of a joke I suppose. I think the translation is more for the saturn game. I'm not sure how different the DC vesion is. It will be a few years at least before there a good emulator that can play at a decent speed. not to mention ther aren't too many DC games worth translating that weren't released stateside. I know someone kind of has interest in doing the Saturn one but isn't really movivated and wants a few translator before he'll even consider it. I've already said I more or less could care less for the game.

Darkchii
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Darkchii » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:34 pm

Hey Gaijin, Sakura's translation http://lando.ngphouse.com/sakura/trans.html Unfortunatlly the first one is still not complete, Ive completed part 3 and 4 using these faqs, great games especially part 3 :D . NeoX lol Ive been to Plattsburgh many times when I was younger, its been a wile since the last time...

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:29 pm

NeoX: Yes -- video me please! Azazel: You know how these translation projects go. I wouldn't mind working on one again, but there's no way I'd do something like Sakura Taisen on my own. I can fly through reading the Japanese, but it would take ages to translate...there's a lot of text. That's very cool that there's info on it. I like the game to be honest, and I in no way endorse adventure games. It's easy to sit down and do an episode, then crash. I've done 1 per day the last 3 days. They only take about 90 to 120 minutes each.

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:02 pm

Sakura Taisen would probably be murder do as each question would have about 3 of 4 answers and multiply that by the number of questions and scenarios. I kind of feel the same way about adventure games. If there's a good short one like Snatcheror Dead of the Brain I might play them if there not longer than 5 hours or so. Your right about the reading part. I could read through something much faster than I ever could translate it. Plus you can always skip some of the towny dialogue as a lot of time it they don't tell you anything meaningful. Most people who haven't translated anything don't really understand it that well.

NeoX
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby NeoX » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:05 am

I just checked the old site that hosted the video and its down. I have it on CD and I put it on my HD for you. You will have to get me on AIM or MSN. Which do you prefer? AIM- Tenchu77491 MSN- Thee_only_hero@hotmail.com Or how much does your email hold? The video is 10.2 megs. PS If all else fails... I can send the video to myself (25 meg inbox) and give you the password so you can get the video that way. I trust you enough for that. Darkchii - Seems strange to meet someone that's been to Plattsburgh. Most people never heard of it =)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:42 am

I'm sure there's any easier way. My mailbox, which is kinda full, could probably hold it, but I'm not sure. You can try my Yahoo account. It'll fill it up, but someone sent me a 5MB bitmap of themselves onetime, and I was able to view it. Sakura Taisen: The game is toughening up a little bit. I can't say I like the no-leveling up, but I guess they wanted to put some importance on not pissing off the girls in the adventure part. I still stand behind my statement in that it's a fun game.

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:33 am

You might be able to send it like that. My non hotmail, Yahoo accounts can hold about 10MB or so, plus the ISP one can hold about 25 MB. If Sakura Taisen had more action/battles and less adventure parts I would probably consider playing it.

NeoX
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby NeoX » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:57 pm

I mailed it to your yahoo. If that does not work I can try raring it and see if it goes under 10 megs. Since it's 10.2 =)

Darkchii
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Darkchii » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:33 pm

Im now trying to concentrate most of my time to MagnaCarta, and im having a hard time... :( the game is really getting hard and fast. Can't find any faq/walktrough or in depth info about it. I also heard that there is a english patch for this, but cant find it anywere. If someone knows someting or any info on this game It would really help. :D NeoX: Yeah I used to go to the beach there with my parents.

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:17 pm

Well there is a translation project for Magna Carte. It doesn't have much translated but most of the hacking is suppose to be done for it. It's sorely lacking translators like most project so I don't think anything will be done on it for a while.
Last edited by Azazel on Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darkchii
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Darkchii » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:17 pm

bummer, anyway thank for letting me know. I guess ill be on my own for this one...

Return to “Japanese Video Games”