The Official WTF are YOU playing right now thread

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

evilmess
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby evilmess » Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:41 am

I've been playing more PS1 titles using my PS2. I just started playing R Type Delta and G Darius. FIVE ----> ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) And i've also been playing R4 (Ridger Racer 4). I can't get over how good the music is and the graphiics are amazing for a PS1 game although I really, really hate how the cars are 'attached' to the bottom of the screen. I really need a new Saturn shooter! I'm thinking Thunder Force V, Batsugun or Soukyugurentai Otokuyo. I'll get all three eventually but one at a time :)

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby zinger » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:23 am

I invited a couple of friends to play some Snatcher yesterday (PAL, Mega CD version), and boy am I amazed by this game. Can't wait until I can continue playing. Thankfully, the best version of the game is this translated one! Wee!

nutribrain
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby nutribrain » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:39 am

Right now I'm playing Shock Tetris on Pok繝サ

Pingu
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Pingu » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:17 pm

I'm slowly getting better at battle heat on the PC-FX now, ;) and thanks to PSO:BB I've started playing PSOv1 on the DC again. It's still up, free and quite fast with the broad band adapter.
Panda papanda kopanda

NeoX
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby NeoX » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:06 am

I am playing Rainbow Six 3 for PC because it's the only game I got here at college.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:10 am

How's Ruruli Ra Rula? You don't hear about too many people playing that game... much less beating it. NeoX: That's a bummer about only have one game... I know how college goes though. First year? You're already there? I thought the semester started in August. You going to have your PS2 later, or are you without it for the semester?
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

nutribrain
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby nutribrain » Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:11 pm

As I like the PC-FX alot, I play nearly all games I can play, without any knowledge of Japanese, for that system. Ruruli Ra Rura doesn't require much japanese, so I was able to play it without any hassle. The game looks very simple and a bit like homebrew, but it's an official NEC release. The graphics are quite simple and the scrolling often isn't fluid. It's less a Jump'n Run, than a puzzle game. You have several characters, each of them has some special abilities or spells which come in handy at certain points during the game. The sound is somewhat nice to listen. There are several anime intermissions which bear some degree of humour. They are funny to watch, even if you can't understand a word like me. I like to play nonfamous games. And I like this one. For my personally it's one of the best games for the FX I've played so far. BTW: If someone also play this game and has some trouble to figure out some of the riddles, consult this japanese page with a small FAQ: http://member.nifty.ne.jp/reich5/Reich5/Pc-fx/Rururi/main.htm Use an online translation service like babelfish.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:28 am

Nice... thanks for the info. Have you tried Chip-chan Kick yet? I always wanted to try that one, but never took the plunge. I don't have an FX anymore, so until Magic Engine is really good w/ PC-FX, I won't play it (anyone have any word on that?) I've added Sonic Adventure (DC) to my list of games I'm playing... can't forget about that one.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

nutribrain
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby nutribrain » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:39 am

Yes I've also play(ed) Chip-Chap Kick. This is a real good game for the FX. I like it also very much. It's a bit like Bubble Bobble as you first shoot and then kick the enemies. Afetr that they transform into some sort of sweet which gives you bonus points. It's a very good game, I can recommend it to everyone who like this type of game.

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:33 pm

I beat Downtown Nekketsu Mongoatari EX about a week. I'm also replaying through the original ROckman games in order. I'm about 3/4 of the way through with part 4. I'm also thinking of amybe replaying through the Lunar games. Not sure if i want to do the original again or the remakes.

Darkchii
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Darkchii » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:54 pm

Ive been playing a lot of Bujingai: The Forsaken city, great gameplay, stylish looks, amazing and fast sword fights. Mad fun and its by Taito/Red ;)
AKA SegaSlut/Psykotic Geisha

Schmeetz
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Schmeetz » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:07 am

Playing a bit of De-Japanisated Xak III now, as I got stuck in the original (and I'm supposed to understand Japanese, tsk.) Also got back into SD-Snatcher on MSX as I recently got that and it's just too much fun. That and Pandora Tomorrow online, which really is very cool if you find a group that doesn't consist of assholes.

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:18 am

I could probably help with where ever your stuck in Xak.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:24 pm

Just not enough time. I've not gotten home before 22:00 yet this week, and was kind of ill last week. As such, I"m still on Paper Mario RPG (halfway) and Gradius V (hopefully finish it this weekend). I'll get back to Growlanswer when I'm done w/ Paper Mario RPG, and that's probably it RPG-wise until I move. I'll have Shining Force for the plane (or something else if I've beaten it by then).

mepian
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby mepian » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:15 pm

I was enjoying Katamary Damacy and ESP Galuda untill friday. Then I picked up the domestic version of Disgaea and I'm glued to it. Can't think of another game I want to play right now. Perhaps a bit of Sega Rally. :)

nutribrain
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby nutribrain » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:26 am

Right now I'm into Dragon Knight IV on the FX. I enjoy the strategy element a lot. My Strikers 1945 Plus conversion broke last weekend, so I'm a bit pissed because of spending much bucks for it :x

Black_Tiger
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Black_Tiger » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:43 am

PSO Ep 1 & 2 GC Tengai Makyou II: Manji Maru GC MAME Cabinet Castlevania's GBA

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:10 am

Nice to see people still playing PSO I & II... after getting 7 characters ranging between levels 120 and 165, I decided it was time to stop. Played BB for a little bit, but I've just had my fill of PSO. It was great when I got laid off, as I didn't have to spend a lot of money to play games all day. :) Nutribrain: If you're enjoying Dragon Knight IV, you might want to take a look in the promo section... I added some art and screenshots for the Saturn's Dragon Knight IV (and art for Dragon Knight) that was never released.

Pingu
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Pingu » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:15 am

Dreamcast: PSOv2 and F355 challenge. On the PC I've started playing more and more d繝サ
Panda papanda kopanda

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:44 am

Finally finished Growlanser last night. That only took a few months. So, currently on the docket: PS2: Metal Slug 3 Castlevania (I don't think this is really that bad) Zoe (just a bit) ESPGaluda (also just from time to time) GBA: Super Mario Ball Some Famicom minis in passing PCBs: Ketsui

delafro
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby delafro » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:32 pm

FF Tactics... ought to be a controlled substance.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:43 pm

Trying out some new stuff. PS2 only, as my other stuff is on the boat still: Tales of Destiny (got some weird issue where it locks) :( Crimson Sky 2 Sakura Taisen V: Episode 0 (on the bonus characters) Adventure of Link (GBA) mainly only play when I get a free moment here and there.

nutribrain
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby nutribrain » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:48 am

After finishing Dragon Knight IV (thanks for the info on the DK promo section Gaijin Punch) and go on vacation to Spain for the last 2 weeks, I started to play some Dreamcast games again. Right now I'm playing Soldier of Fortune. A decent title I think, at least I'm having some fun. Just one day after that I started to buy some DC games. Right now I ordered Cannon Spike, Midway Greatest Hits Vol.2, I-Spy and Carrier. DC games are so cheap. I wonder if there are some real rare games for it.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:54 am

Playing some new stuff: -Ghost in the Shell -Chaos Legion (actually just finished it) -Tales of Destiny still... almost done. And my other machines arrive this weekend, so I'm sure I'll be breaking those out soon!

underexposed+
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby underexposed+ » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:34 am

Auto Modellista only because Metal Gear Solid 3 dosen't come out until tommorow where I am. :(

Return to “Japanese Video Games”