Paper Mario 2

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Paper Mario 2

Postby Macaw » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:31 am

Anyone seen the screenshots of this? It looks awesome! Cant wait till it comes out. By the way, the new site looks great!
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches
They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:14 am

Agreed. Looks like they really outdid themselves. I"ve never played the first, but am planning on it once I'm done with Majora's Mask. Maybe in a week or so. Is the first one really that good?
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:58 pm

Yeah, the first one is heaps of fun. A nice combination of traditional mario platforming action with a great battle system and rpg elements. I still think it would be better without the turn based battling and have it like a action rpg type thing but the battle system is still great. It also made me laugh quite a bit which is good too. I never finished it though i just rented it. It got a VERY limited Australian release, only about 2 copies to every shop, and only very few shops were still stocking 64 games. I had pre ordered a copy but cancelled it because I had no money at the time and thought I could pick it up a few weeks later, damn was that a mistake. The AUS PAL release now goes for ridiculous amounts on ebay australia, well over $100 for a complete copy, so i'm kicking myself now knowing I could have got it for about $70 new when it first came out.
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches

They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:09 am

Yeah, that's painful. I never owned an N64. Bad timing. Was in college when it came out, was already happy with my Saturn, and quite broke. All my friends had one, so I was playing at their place quite a bit. I think I lived here when Paper Mario came out, but still had no N64. Now I'm catching up on some of those games. This will probably be my next, especially since the sequel is coming out.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Return to “Japanese Video Games”