I broke down and bought a STARS Dreamcast

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

I broke down and bought a STARS Dreamcast

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun May 30, 2004 1:56 pm

The black one -- limited to only 200. I figure this is the last chance I'll have to get one. Match that with my Sonic Sega Saturn, and I'm a pretty happy camper. I was thinking of getting an Orta X-box, but I'd say I'm doing pretty good LE hardware wise now. I'll probably post some pics pretty soon.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

delafro
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby delafro » Mon May 31, 2004 3:55 am

price? and did you get it online?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon May 31, 2004 6:36 am

The price was.... a LOT... And yeah, I got it online. There is no magic place that has these things.... I shelled out.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

m0nk3yb0y
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby m0nk3yb0y » Mon May 31, 2004 4:46 pm

Or one of the new white ltd. Japanese Xboxes that you can put your name on. Have the 'Gaijin Punch' Xbox special. Still can't beleive someone on XboxScene forums ordered one with 'EvolutionX' on there, and M$ let them have it! :D
''Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetative electronic music.'' Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989 :D

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby zinger » Mon May 31, 2004 5:22 pm

Does anyone have any info on the Megadrive styled DC? Price, rarity etc?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:35 am

That's hillarious. He really put Evolution X on there? That's hillarious. Some people are selling them on Yahoo Japan but w/o anything engraved on them. I'm not big enough into the X-box to shell out that kind of dough on it.
zinger wrote:Does anyone have any info on the Megadrive styled DC? Price, rarity etc?
I think you're mistaken this for the MD Style DC VMU. It's definitely one of the rarer VMU's. The closest thing to an MD DC is the Super Black Model (got one of those a LOOONG time ago, and is what I play on), the Stars, and the R7. Basically -- the black models.

delafro
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby delafro » Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:45 am

Speaking of the R7, is it really worthwhile to get? There was one at a store fairly close to my house, but I never bothered to get it.

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby zinger » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:01 pm

Gaijin Punch wrote:That's hillarious. He really put Evolution X on there? That's hillarious. Some people are selling them on Yahoo Japan but w/o anything engraved on them. I'm not big enough into the X-box to shell out that kind of dough on it.
zinger wrote:Does anyone have any info on the Megadrive styled DC? Price, rarity etc?
I think you're mistaken this for the MD Style DC VMU. It's definitely one of the rarer VMU's. The closest thing to an MD DC is the Super Black Model (got one of those a LOOONG time ago, and is what I play on), the Stars, and the R7. Basically -- the black models.
I'm quite positive I've seen a black dreamcast with '128 BIT' written in gold on it. The VMU has 8 BIT written on it, right?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:35 pm

I'm quite positive I've seen a black dreamcast with '128 BIT' written in gold on it. The VMU has 8 BIT written on it, right?
News to me... and I keep up w/ most of the LE DC's. I'd love to see 'em. There's a magazine I've got somewhere that shows all the LE VMUs... I believe there's one with the DC's as well. R7 DC: I don't think it's anything special honestly. There are better LE DC's out there.

eight one
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby eight one » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:31 am

The Blue Kitty one with a Green LED = coolness.
PROSCEUTEDT TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE JAM.

popeye_no_eigo_asobi
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

I saw it!

Postby popeye_no_eigo_asobi » Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:23 am

Well, I saw your bid on the Dreamcast. In my opinion it was way too much. The set was worth 85000 Yen at best. It's still a nice collectors item though. However, there are some Dreamcast models I like more than this one. Kindaichi

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:06 pm

Everyone I've seen has gone over 120,000 yen -- so I valued it there. It's not like it comes by every day though, so I could've missed a few in the last year.

CaptainAmazing
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby CaptainAmazing » Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:57 pm

anyone have any pics of that dreamcast that changes colors when you touch it?

m0nk3yb0y
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby m0nk3yb0y » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:36 am

That'd be the Mazora Dreamcast. There seems to be two versions, signed (not sure who by?) and unsigned. http://akamai-lq.bizrate.com/saran?set=key[origscale],value[160]&set=key[origpadtosize],value[160]&set=key[origimage],value[http://images-rr.bizrate.com/product/orig/8/9/9/66998/66998_as00107_160x117.jpg]&load=url[http://images-rr.bizrate.com/site/ch/default.ch]&sink
''Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetative electronic music.''
Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989 :D

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:17 am

Some motorcycle racer I think. They were planning (at least prototyped) 3 Mazoras. I'll be posting pics of them one day... just have to dig the magazines up. There's a little blurb about the Mazora in the Promo section (no other place to put it yet). They released it at a chaper price than they originally intended... suckers.

Darkchii
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Darkchii » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:05 pm

[I'm quite positive I've seen a black dreamcast with '128 BIT' written in gold on it. The VMU has 8 BIT written on it, right?[/quote] I think this dreamcast was taken from the Rent A Hero No1 instruction booklet. I dont think it really exist...well maybe theres one
AKA SegaSlut/Psykotic Geisha

CaptainAmazing
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby CaptainAmazing » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:47 pm

So the dreamcast is quite possibly the system with the most LE versions, isnt it? that or the PS2...

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:19 pm

The Dreamcast, by far: Super Black Pearl Pink Pearl Blue Pearl...er.. one other Perl one, can't remember at the moment Mazora Biohazard Claire Biohazard Stars Seaman Not LE's, but other editions... Sakura Taisen Hello Kitty I'm probably forgetting a couple... that's only the Japanese models. It's a rat race between the Xbox and PS2. For PS2, I only know of the recent Pure White, Sakura, and Gundam models, then the Midnight Blue that was released a while back, which is a true LE. Xbox has the JPN LE, Kasumi Blue, Pure White, and Panzer Dragoon Orta models. Considering the actual sales numbers of total units, it's amazing that there are so many Xbox LEs.

CaptainAmazing
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby CaptainAmazing » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:58 pm

theres also the Zen Black ps2 and the limited yellow,red,silver, and green(?) systens that were released early in the ps2 life and the purple, yellow, red, and green xboxes that were given away through some contest.. and isnt their a silver chrome LE dreamcast? and the blue Sonic the hedgehog LE system.

CaptainAmazing
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby CaptainAmazing » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:05 pm

oh check this out: Only 78!!!!! http://www.estarland.com/index.asp?action=redir&page=SegaDreamcast&category=Hardware&product=16737&q

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:33 pm

The Sonic was PAL only... doesn't really count. There were some 1-of-a-kind DCs that Dorimaga had as well... didn't count them as there's only 1 of each.... not exactly attainable. I didn't know about those other PS2's... again... not the most popular system on my list.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”