[ETC] Another Cave Event at HEY

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

CIT Seven Force
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

[ETC] Another Cave Event at HEY

Postby CIT Seven Force » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:07 pm

I didn't see you mention this, GP, so I'll just post it here:

[quote]繧ア繧、繝悶

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:34 am

Yep. It's on my calendar. Will wake up early so I can be one of the first in. Pretty much the only time I can get away anyway!
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Kaneda
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby Kaneda » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:40 am

GP, I don't suppose you'd be willing to pick me up a Futari DVD while you're there? I've been waiting for months for one to be announced, glad to see it's finally being done. I'm hoping it'll be of INH quality but doubt it considering the so-so reviews Galuda II's Official DVD got (never seen it myself).

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:46 am

I'll do my best to buy a stack of them. If they sell them online as well (quite likely) then it should be easy to get 10 of them or so. I'll know more as the date approaches (or Cave puts a notice up on their site).
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Kaede
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Kaede » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:34 pm

:o

They knew I was coming over? :D

This is fantastic news. ;)
繧上◆縺励

icycalm
#1 video game and art theorist in his world

Postby icycalm » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:01 am

Well, GP, if you get the opportunity to grab any posters, I am basically interested in anything and everything you could get your hands on, because with the exception of Ibara I don't have any other Cave arcade posters.

If you end up getting any for me I can send you the money asap, and then you can just keep them in a corner until I come pick them up (November looks very likely).

But if you end up with your hands too full of cool shit, no worries. I am sure I'll get everything on Yahoo somewhere down the line.

Above all have fun you lucky bastard! (I was on the point of moving back to Tokyo a few days ago -- I am getting quite bored down here, man. And I am really missing my daily trips to Hey.)

PS. If you end up putting together a little photo-expose like last year, I'll make sure it gets linked on IC.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:22 am

I'll keep you posted of what happens. I'll be sure to get there a couple of hours early this time and actually get some use out of my DS (or just my iPod).

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just the DVD, maybe some Soundtracks, and a few games. We'll see though. I'll definitely take a wad of cash.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:35 am

Got this from Arcadia:

There will be a shop there like last time. Shop will run from 11:00 19:00 on 09.23, and 10:00 - 17:00 on Saturday. Games will run a bit longer. As for the "game you can't play anywhere else" there will apparently be an announcement on Cave's shopping page.

No telling what the goods are, but they have pictures of the straps sold last time, and also state there will be new ones this time.

zapeipaa
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby zapeipaa » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:34 pm

I'll be there then. I'm not getting the DVD though, those aren't my cup of tea. I hold my thumbs for posters! Btw, I might be easy to spot, can't miss a white guy with curly hair in Japan. Don't be afraid to say hi. :)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:45 pm

I spotted Sven666 across the room at the last one. So easy to find a Swedish guy. Just look for the blonde hair.

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:59 pm

Ikeda must be preparing for another 10 second appearance.
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches
They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:55 pm

Macaw wrote:Ikeda must be preparing for another 10 second appearance.

Such an asshole. :/
I will get something out of him this time.

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:01 pm

Gaijin Punch wrote:I spotted Sven666 across the room at the last one. So easy to find a Swedish guy. Just look for the blonde hair.

I guess game players generally aren't into dying their hair?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:10 pm

I used to, but it was way more subtle than Sven's.

icycalm

Postby icycalm » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:49 pm

Zapeipaa is actually the guy you can see playing Pink Sweets in one of the videos on my site, way back during the first loke. He registered in my forum over a year later, after stumbling onto my loke report and seeing himself in the video.

It's a tiny world, huh?

I miss covering locaton tests! It's such a damn fun experience. From the excitement of seeing a brand-new game before anyone else does, to the anxiety over whether you'll be able to get decent videos, to the write-ups until 5am, and finally to the ensuing discussions, high-fiving and tons of hits.... I miss all of it -- every single thing!

And there are just soooo many cool games coming up!

:(

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:07 pm

Yeah, it's definitely fun. Back in the day you had a good 4-5 day lead on people for consumer stuff as well. Now, w/ all the Asian shops shipping before release date, you get about 2 days head start max. Still, it's great to run down the street and pick something up though.

I'd love to do some type of write up on the show, but honestly I'll be there a very limited time. I'll try out the two new shooting games and head home. Tough being a dad. I'm actually lucky I got the pass for these two Saturday mornings.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

[DVD] Mushihime-sama Futari Official DVD

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:58 am

Note: The event is listed as 9.23 Saturday and 9.24 Sunday. The 23rd is a Sunday though. Hope it's 9.22 Saturday.

Details on the DVD:
http://cave.shop-pro.jp/?mode=f4

Six replays in all:

Reco:
Original Mode
Player: GFA2-ISO
Score: 540,093,834

Maniac Mode
Player: Clover-TAC
Score: 1,042,580,964

Ultra Mode
Player: Yusemi SWY
Score: 3,601,321,787

Palm
Original Mode
Player: GFA2-ISO
Score: 518,902,716

Maniac Mode
Player: KTL-NAL
Score: 981,872,827

Ultra Mode
Player: Dame Shooter K.K
Score: 3,727,737,417

sven666
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby sven666 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:27 pm

Gaijin Punch wrote:I spotted Sven666 across the room at the last one. So easy to find a Swedish guy. Just look for the blonde hair.

haha you werent the only one :P if you remember Ken who went aswell, well, he didnt even know i was gonna be there, he just spotted me in the staircase and said "arent you sven666"..

hey GP pick me up one of each of all the stuff that wasent sold last time will ya ;D cant wait to get my hands on another DVD set, love those things ;)

ed: and who the hell is "dame shooter KK" ????
Recap wrote: I do qualilty posting.

Greatsaintlouis
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Greatsaintlouis » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:29 am

So regardless of the screwy dates, are you going to be there on the Saturday or Sunday, GP? Either one I think I'm free, but are you only planning on making an early morning of it? I'm probably a good hour and a half from Akiba by train, and with as much as I hate mornings I'm not sure I'd be able to make that trip, however let me know when you're planning on being there and maybe I can muster the fortitude to meet up with you there.
You also distaste me with passion!

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:42 am

sven666 wrote:ed: and who the hell is "dame shooter KK" ????

He holds the WR for Mushihime-sama's Ultra mode w/ rapid fire, something like 1.4Billion iirc. I think he was a pretty good Ikaruga player too.

PS- /dame/ means "no good" in Japanese. Don't read it as English "dame".

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:39 pm

Greatsaintlouis wrote:So regardless of the screwy dates, are you going to be there on the Saturday or Sunday, GP? Either one I think I'm free, but are you only planning on making an early morning of it? I'm probably a good hour and a half from Akiba by train, and with as much as I hate mornings I'm not sure I'd be able to make that trip, however let me know when you're planning on being there and maybe I can muster the fortitude to meet up with you there.

Yeah, I'm going to make an early morning of it. Assuming they kick off at 10:00, I'll be there around 08:30 (and won't be the first). Assuming they have cool shit for sale there, I want to nab some. It's very likely stuff I already have, but I'll take the risk. That time of the morning is pretty easy for me to get away as the kid will take a nap from 9AM until about 10:30 or 11:00. Will probably stick around for an hour playing games unless one of the special PCBs is something I'm really into.

Why not pony up and get a coffee? How far are you from Shinjuku? I can meet you there. That'll take about 25 minutes worth of the sting.

Greatsaintlouis
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Greatsaintlouis » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:17 pm

I'm not entirely sure how far I am from Shinjuku--I just had a big class tour thingie of the Tokyo transit systems yesterday and we were at one point in Shinjuku, but I'm a small-town honkey from BFN Eastern Oregon, so my internal sense of time and direction completely deserted me. I have about 8 or 9 stops on the Tobu-Tojo sen to Ikebukuro, and then snag a train from there to Shinjuku. All in all that might be an hour or so, and if you're planning on showing up at Akiba around 8:30... well, maybe that's not so impossible after all, especially with the offer to meet in Shinjuku. I'll PM you about it sometime tomorrow. My host family's wireless is exceptionally touch-and-go late and night, so I'll be lucky if I can even send this.
You also distaste me with passion!

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:48 pm

Sounds like a plan. 8-9 stops on the Tobu Toujou isn't too bad. I have a friend that used to live out there about that far if memory serves. From Ikebukuro just jump on the Yamanote and sleep standing up for 3 stations and you're there. In fact, I don't think "techcnially" you are far from Shinjuku. Only takes you an hour? That's pretty average.

The latest Arcadia says it starts at 11:00 on the 23rd, but also that the 23rd is a a Saturday, so who knows. Two of us lining up together will definitely be funner than alone. Although I had some girl next to me last time who was wearing the ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz... with tight jeans of course.

zapeipaa
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby zapeipaa » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:48 pm

Actually I live on the Tobu-Tojo-line too. 6 stations from Ikebukuro.

I'll be there early, around 8. This month is really busy with both JAMMA and TGS (and some other stuff I'm going to).

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:18 pm

We can definitely make it a threesome if you so desire.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”