All For Princess Deadline stuff

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

All For Princess Deadline stuff

Postby Macaw » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:19 pm

Not exactly "Japanese Video Games" But i'll be damned if I post this in the off topic forum!

Now here was a totally awesome beat-em-up that was unfortunately only released for the GP32 as most of you probably know, so I remember at the time of reading this interview ( http://www.insertcredit.com/features/byulbram/index.php ) in which the developer states an arcade version of the game was in development I was incredibly excited, but of course the whole thing seemingly dissapeared.

Anyone know what happened?

Also interesting to note that Byulbram resurfaced a couple of years ago with the release of a remake of the original All For Princess game for PC (which is a S-RPG, not a action game) I bought it, insane Falcom-style packaging with a gigantic box and all that but the game itself did nothing for me, due to the fact of me, you know, hating S-RPGS.

And now Byulbram has dissapeared again, with his site down for a while now. Lets hope either a sequel, a remake, or even just a port of All For Princess Deadline is in the works for a system that isn't a handheld.
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches
They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Recap
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Re: All For Princess Deadline stuff

Postby Recap » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:17 am

I may ask Brandon if he knows something, but can't we assume an arcade game won't be happening? Korea's arcade market is not as profitable as it was some years ago, either.

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Re: All For Princess Deadline stuff

Postby Macaw » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:38 pm

Recap wrote:but can't we assume an arcade game won't be happening?

Considering that interview is 5 years old now, I'd say that is pretty certain.

Would be nice to know what exactly happened though, and whether the project even got off the ground in the first place.

They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

nem
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby nem » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:17 pm

Byulbram was also working on a versus fighter called Blood Cross for the GP32. There was demo released for it at the end of 2003, and this can actually still be downloaded from the official website. However, like you said, shortly after this he disappeared and the website hasn't seen any updates to it since.

What's peculiar, though, is while Byulbram is still MIA, Blood Cross actually resurfaced just a few weeks ago. Screenshots of the game and a short description of it can be found in an promotional ad for the new F-200 model of the GP2X (link; last image).

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:11 am

nem wrote:What's peculiar, though, is while Byulbram is still MIA, Blood Cross actually resurfaced just a few weeks ago. Screenshots of the game and a short description of it can be found in an promotional ad for the new F-200 model of the GP2X (link; last image).

I was never really interested in Blood Cross. I can stand playing All For Princess or any action game on a handheld if I am forced to, but a 1v1 fighter? Fuck no.

Still good knowing Byulbram is active, but its likely someone just salvaged the previous work of the game and Byulbram has nothing to do with it.

In related news, what on earth is going on here?? http://www.virtualspaghetti.com/blueangelo/

Cross Platform 2007??

nem
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby nem » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:25 am

Macaw wrote:In related news, what on earth is going on here?? http://www.virtualspaghetti.com/blueangelo/

Cross Platform 2007??

Good question. Wasn't this supposed to come out on the GBA way back when? Maybe the project has been switched over to the DS.

Blue Angelo always seemed a bit too homebrew for my liking, and I never did give it a go. Have you played it?

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:42 pm

nem wrote:Good question. Wasn't this supposed to come out on the GBA way back when? Maybe the project has been switched over to the DS.

2005 was when it was supposed to come out on GBA I think. Maybe it did...I dont even know, either way the game resurfacing in 2007 is a bit odd.

nem wrote:Blue Angelo always seemed a bit too homebrew for my liking, and I never did give it a go. Have you played it?

Nope.

nem
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby nem » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:36 am

nem wrote:What's peculiar, though, is while Byulbram is still MIA, Blood Cross actually resurfaced just a few weeks ago. Screenshots of the game and a short description of it can be found in an promotional ad for the new F-200 model of the GP2X (link; last image).

There's a video of it now on Youtube. The intro features the name of a new company (I guess?), "Dogma-G".

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:18 am

The down attacks look a bit perverted.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:15 pm

Whoa, didn't expect the animation to be that good.

But again... 2d fighter for a handheld. GaH.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”