Welcome to the Forum!

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Welcome to the Forum!

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:32 pm

Thanks for checking out the new forum. It was about time we got off that older ASP one. Just wanted to explain some of the settings and go through some quick rules.

-Registering requires email confirmation. This will hopefully turn away some of the lazier people that want to be annoying. For the most part, we've never had a problem with these types (fingers crossed).

-HTML code is turned off, but BBCode is turned on. BBCode for the most part is good enough. If I see a need for HTML, I'll turn it on later.

-IPs are logged, so think twice before saying something that's going to piss someone off.

-Avatars are okay, as long as they're less than 60 kb and no larger than 80 x 80 pixels. You also have host find a host for them.

-Sigs are okay as well. 255 characters max. HTML is okay in your signature.

-Japanese text will work. Just make sure you have your browser set to Shift-JIS when posting as well as reading. To do this, go to view->encoding->Japanese (Shift-JIS) fromt the view menu.

-Private messaging is on. You get 25 messages in your inbox, 15 in your outbox, and 25 in your save box. Keep them boxes clean.

-There is only going to be one style. Sorry for those that like their own colors.

-There are no dumb questions. Don't be afraid to ask anything. On the flip side, don't flame people for seemingly obvious questions.

-Try to keep it as relevant to Japanese games as possible. Comparing US/UK and JPN releases is perfectly legit. Talking about Halo 2 is probably not going to score you any points.

I'll update this as I see fit. Thanks again for stopping by!
Last edited by Gaijin Punch on Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:01 pm

the new forum is looking good. by the way , the top logo seems fine. Time to read about Puyo Fever on the GBA :) Yakumo

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:02 pm

the new forum is looking good. by the way , the top logo seems fine. Time to read about Puyo Fever on the GBA :D Yakumo

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:39 pm

Man, you're up late! Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Feel free to register and drop anytime! Ciao

zubiac
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby zubiac » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:22 pm

zubiac's reporting in too bad I've tried to login with my old password for half a hour :D duh btw: looks great (forum and stuff) but more SFC stuff would be nice
Drummer @ Image Join my daily struggle....

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:06 am

Zubiac: Thanks for dropping by. i should've put something on the frontpage. Sorry you wasted an our and a half. The old forum is an ASP based page, probably talking to some lame Microsoft Acess DB. This is PHP-based, talking to MySQL. I'm working on the SFC stuff. I've got about 30-40 scans to add, just have a lot of stuff on the plate. As always, if you've got any to contribute, I'll definitely take 'em! Thanks
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Gustav XIII
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Congrats

Postby Gustav XIII » Sun May 09, 2004 11:08 am

Again, you did well, Paul. I'm sure now the forum will become very popular.

Kaneko
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Kaneko » Mon May 10, 2004 6:10 pm

Do you think so ? I hope some of your "fans" won't come here :lol: .

Tatsujin
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Tatsujin » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:28 am

otsukare‾‾!! :)

just registered. nice forum indeed ;)
hope to find some time to visit at times.

greets to paul, ben & anthony!

stay tunez!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 688/735 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)

Return to “Japanese Video Games”