Trying to find all RON games

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Trying to find all RON games

Postby Macaw » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:22 am

I've taken it upon myself to get all RON games, a company which made very similar strategy games to those of koei, but I think they are far more superior. These are the RON games I currently know of: psx/saturn versions of: Shoryu Sangokuengi Koryu Sangokuengi Tenga Seiha Sakamoto Ryouma psx only game: osaka naniwa matenrow I'm really just trying to find their PC games now because I dont think they made anything else on console, and I think these console games are ports of the PC versions. If anyone knows anything about either the pc versions of some of these games or completly different PC games they made please let me know. Although all these games seem to be pretty obscure so I dont know if anyone here knows about them, anyone played any?
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches
They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:37 am

I've played and seen a lot of PC stuff but have never run across them. Do you know what platform the PC versions are on?

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:58 am

Well, in the official psx game list site in the description of Koryu and Shoryu it says the games are from their 'Pancon' versions which i'm guessing from my limited japanese is windows. I havn't seen either games on any pc98 lists. In another point of interest the 'RON' logo for what seems to be their last game, osaka naniwa matenrow is completly different. Maybe they decided to ditch making historical games and change their logo. Its their only game with that logo too, as far as i've seen.

They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:16 am

Macaw wrote:Well, in the official psx game list site in the description of Koryu and Shoryu it says the games are from their 'Pancon' versions which i'm guessing from my limited japanese is windows. I havn't seen either games on any pc98 lists. In another point of interest the 'RON' logo for what seems to be their last game, osaka naniwa matenrow is completly different. Maybe they decided to ditch making historical games and change their logo. Its their only game with that logo too, as far as i've seen.
If you have a link to there page I could maybe take a look at it. I haven't played too many JP PC stuff past the PC98 or FM Towns.

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:24 am

It seems to be impossible to direct link to a game in the official list, so here's links to the gamefaqs pages where the game info can be reached: Koryuu http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/data/20989.html Shoryu http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/data/21378.html There is a pc98 games list at http://fullmotionvideo.free.fr/ Koryuu was published by XING and shoryu was published by IMAGINEER. Sakamoto ryoumo was published by KID. I'm not sure about tenga seiha. On the pc98 list Imagineer is the only company out of the 3 on there and the only 3 kingdoms game on their list is Sangoku Bushou Souha which says was made by panda software, which I beleive was a chinese game developer. Imagineer probably brang it to japan. However, at a japanese list of sangoku games http://superchaos.cool.ne.jp/c3gm-game.html There are 3 imagineer titles there, 1 in 1994 and 2 in 1995. One of these is probably Sangoku Bushou Souha, but I am eager to find out what the other 2 are, and whether or not RON made them.

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:44 pm

I dont' have very many PC 98 games so I probably can't help you much. I'm mainly into the older PC stuff when they actually made good games and 99% of there games aren't hentai.

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:54 am

Yeah i'm with you on that one... The ridiculous number of hentai games on pc98 that came out really tainted that system. But I was going through yahoo auctions and found this: http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e37885082 This is Koryuu Sangokuengi, so imagineer was Rons publisher for their pc releases.. The strange thing is that the screenshots on this look quite different compared to the psx version, hopefully I will locate the rom for it soon.. Meanwhile its killing me to see it go for 10 yen without any bids while I crave it nearly as much as I crave women.

popeye_no_eigo_asobi
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

If you'd like me to buy it for you...

Postby popeye_no_eigo_asobi » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:26 am

Macaw wrote: But I was going through yahoo auctions and found this: http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e37885082 This is Koryuu Sangokuengi, so imagineer was Rons publisher for their pc releases.. The strange thing is that the screenshots on this look quite different compared to the psx version, hopefully I will locate the rom for it soon.. Meanwhile its killing me to see it go for 10 yen without any bids while I crave it nearly as much as I crave women.
... just drop me a mail. But you have to pay all costs (item & transaction & shipping) Thanks. Kindaichi

Return to “Japanese Video Games”