[DS] Fanboy Fodder: Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

[DS] Fanboy Fodder: Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:53 am

Dead or Alive Dev team from Tecmo develops a fighting game for the absolute BEST system for 3D fighters: The D fucking S. Yes, you use the touch pen to to move/attack.:whack:

Sorry if I offended anyone who is truly interested in this.

Source
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Greatsaintlouis
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Greatsaintlouis » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:43 am

I love that smilie.

Seriously, just because the system has N64-esque 3D capabilities, I wish that developers would get the idea out of their heads that they can use some sort of bastardized touchpad control scheme to emulate an analog joystick. The results are tolerable (Metroid Prime Hunters) at best, but are often simply irritatingly frustrating when you realize the game would not be so obnoxiously difficult if you were playing on a real controller (Mario 64DS). I mean, I loves me some handheld gaming, but there are some things that just shouldn't be tried on the DS.

Hell, there are some things that shouldn't even be tried on the PSP--that poor excuse for an analog stick isn't much better.

Spazicon
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Re: [DS] Fanboy Fodder: Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword

Postby Spazicon » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:29 am

Gaijin Punch wrote:Dead or Alive Dev team from Tecmo develops a fighting game for the absolute BEST system for 3D fighters: The D fucking S.

This game was announced, and showcased along time ago (with video). It's not a fighting game.

And not that I particularly care for the title, but the control scheme IS interesting, regardless of how out the norm it is.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:27 am

My bad. I read the description too quickly. "Developed by fighting game series DOA developer"...blah blah blah.

I hate the touch pen, though. Other than Touch! Kirby, I've yet to see it get out of the annoying category. And yeah, I'm not that big on the DS for 3D games ether, so, I'm still going to have to rip on this one for a while.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

charmed699
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby charmed699 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:05 pm

I am also looking forward to playing this but have concerns too about it only using the stylus. It might end up making me scratch my screen protector a lot or make it really hard to play through the game.

The idea sounds interesting but now the hard part is putting it down to practise without making it unplayable.It is also funny how it is played sideways like Hotel Dusk and Brain Training. :)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:08 am

I find games that have the touch pen parts tacked on simply annoying. Can't put the pen up, can't hold it either. Just have to leave it handy for 10 minutes until you need it.

Dais
Resident Fuck You
Resident Fuck You

Postby Dais » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:13 am

Gaijin Punch wrote:My bad. I read the description too quickly. "Developed by fighting game series DOA developer"...blah blah blah.

you know, you can admit it if you're loaning Recap your account. We're already used to his massive disconnect with reality.

LGB
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby LGB » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:52 pm

Gaijin Punch wrote:I find games that have the touch pen parts tacked on simply annoying. Can't put the pen up, can't hold it either. Just have to leave it handy for 10 minutes until you need it.

Why I am so shocked there's actually touch-screen support for Final Fantasy III.

Seeing all the GBA fighters, it makes me wonder why they decided touch screen fighters could work. They're taking this "next gen, new technology" thing way too seriously and not planning their cash well.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:21 am

Dais wrote:you know, you can admit it if you're loaning Recap your account. We're already used to his massive disconnect with reality.

And what disconnect is this? The one where I misread something in my 2nd language?
Last edited by Gaijin Punch on Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dais
Resident Fuck You
Resident Fuck You

Postby Dais » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:20 am

How about the part where you were apparently completely oblivious to one of the key facts about the game after it had already been discussed in English in multiple places in the English gaming media?

Research is supposed to come before reaction.

LGB wrote:Seeing all the GBA fighters, it makes me wonder why they decided touch screen fighters could work. They're taking this "next gen, new technology" thing way too seriously and not planning their cash well.

Wait, what touch screen fighters?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:34 am

Dais wrote:How about the part where you were apparently completely oblivious to one of the key facts about the game after it had already been discussed in English in multiple places in the English gaming media?

I don't read such bullshit. Nice try though.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”