Trying to identify a pc engine game..

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Trying to identify a pc engine game..

Postby Macaw » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:49 am

Once again this invloves a sangoku game.. its here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4315&item=3082397805 All I know is that naxat soft made it. Has anyone played it or seen screenshots? I know its a simulation, but is it like the koei games or more like simcity? One thing that took my by surprise was its packaging. Usualy only koei's sangokushi games got boxes that big for console releases. However, The binder and all in this one made me at first think it was a fm towns game... usualy they only had binders in them.
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches
They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Re: Trying to identify a pc engine game..

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:43 am

Usualy only koei's sangokushi games got boxes that big for console releases
I've never seen the packaging either. Maybe Koei had something to do with it behind the scenes. I believe the subtitles is "Eiketsu ni Nozomu". That my friend, is about all I can tell ya.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

popeye_no_eigo_asobi
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Naxat Sangokushi

Postby popeye_no_eigo_asobi » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:24 am

Dear Macaw, the game is called "Sangokushi Eiketsu Tenka Ni Nozomu" and is just a regular PC Engine release. It's not a special edition. It always comes with the binder and a manga. The game plays like the Koei Sangokushi games. I haven't played it through though - I could only give you a rough explanation of the story and the gameplay. If you need more information on this or other games you can always contact me. Thanks. Kindaichi

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:16 am

It would be great if you could tell me more about the gameplay. How does it differ from the koei games? Is most of the game looking at a map of china and statistics of your cities and stuff? Are there any sim-city style elements, like for example, being able to build your castles and place buildings and all that? Also, is it turn based or real time? Thanks
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches

They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:52 pm

Actually I've seen that game qutie a few times. Generally most of the time you see it it only has the case and the manual. I have no idea about it gameplay but I imagine it's like all the other Koei games.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”