The Xbox 360 know it all thread

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Postby Shou » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:20 am

Gotta love your attempt at a racial slur.

You don't quite understand that I don't really care what people on a forum say unlike you guys. You live off of it, it validates your existence.

It's funny to see the reactions we do get out of you though. It reminds me of your "quality posting".

PS: If you've been around that long, you would know whatI've done. Even JAPJAC unwittingly used one of my original database sites to aid him in Tokyo shopping. lol

Really, if we wanted to have a dick comparison contest, I'd do it over something more meaningful like cash assets or we can go the silly route such as how many women have you slept with in the past year, nothing like I've helped an unquantifiable amount of people over x years with my lousy Japanese skills and Photoshop renders.
become history

JAPJAC
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby JAPJAC » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:00 am

You are great and you have been since day one.

http://blogmuscle.files.wordpress.com/2 ... =400&h=259

Shou:

`Even JAPJAC unwittingly used one of my original database sites to aid him in Tokyo shopping. lol`

My friend in England made that list for himself and gave it to me, for his games, 8 years ago. I had no idea the images were from you as I didn`t then, as now, know who you are. You are not well-known. If you could point me in the direction of this site or indeed prove it then I would be most interested. People telling you obscure pieces of information about me 8 years on? Should I be flattered or disturbed? Sad people anyway. LOL.

`We can go the silly route such as how many women have you slept with in the past year.`

If you can post a picture of yourself with an attractive female, I will honestly let you karate chop me in the head mate.
Last edited by JAPJAC on Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:31 am, edited 4 times in total.

sven666
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby sven666 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:21 am

Shou wrote: JAPJAC (stuck in Day 1 retro era), Recap (stuck in Photostop trying to make scanlines instead of playing on a proper monitor) and IcyCalm (stuck in his ass) can't even get along with each other lol

on the contrary ive never seen them squabble amongst eachother.. very strange, imagine what an epic battle of wits it would be!!

i guess great minds really do think alike ? :D
Recap wrote: I do qualilty posting.

JAPJAC
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby JAPJAC » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:14 am

sven666:

...and fools seldom differ. Really, this is no concern of yours. Have another sauna or something.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:33 am

If you can post a picture of yourself with an attractive female, I will honestly let you karate chop me in the head mate.

I have seen his current gf. I would bang her, no question, and unlike most game forum people, I have high standards.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Mappy
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby Mappy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:06 am

Hey Shou, what Arcadia tournament did you won?

Recap
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Recap » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:47 am

Shou wrote:Gotta love your attempt at a racial slur.

Rats don't qualify as human race, just saying. Other than that, I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Maybe you should get that complex checked. Later.

JoshF
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby JoshF » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:07 pm

JAPJAC wrote:If you can post a picture of yourself with an attractive female, I will honestly let you karate chop me in the head mate.

Do you have a girlfriend or are you still sneaking behind booth babes for kicks?

dcharlie
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby dcharlie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:03 am

FYI for people upgrading the dash , seems people had their security settings reset randomly to "block" for all user classes. I hadn't been showing up for a while to other people, so you might want to check post XNE.
Beautiful Burnout

undamned
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby undamned » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:01 pm

Re: Shou
JAPJAC wrote:You are not well-known.
Uh... Shou has been around for aeons. Even when I first started posting on Shmups in like '02 he was well known.
-ud

dcharlie
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby dcharlie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:52 pm

yeah, i'm confused. Shou is borderline "internet famous" for retro gaming (certainly amongst retro gamers at least) and extremely well known globally for his tournament playing.

I knew who Shou was around 2000. I'd heard of him previously, but then was posting at the same places (JJ's board strangely enough)

back on topic,
R-type Dimensions and UNO achievements went up at the end of last week.

Fingers crossed for R Type Dimensions on XBLA tonight.
Beautiful Burnout

dcharlie
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby dcharlie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:43 pm

Word of warning for people with the Asian version of Fallout 3 who maybe looking to buy Operation Anchorage.

Even if you downloaded from another region etc, it won't work. The asian version hasn't been patched to 1.1 so it fails to launch the new quest that triggers the DLC.

Lol, lucky i still have the US version and a US X360 (i have the asian version of FO3, i really should haves old the US version - saved by lazy!)
Beautiful Burnout

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Postby Shou » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:51 am

dcharlie wrote:Word of warning for people with the Asian version of Fallout 3 who maybe looking to buy Operation Anchorage.

Even if you downloaded from another region etc, it won't work. The asian version hasn't been patched to 1.1 so it fails to launch the new quest that triggers the DLC.

That's absolutely ridiculous, glad I held off and will go with the PC rev instead. Still waiting for Gears 2 to hit Japan so maybe I can have a chance at legitimately downloading maps and the Lancer....
become history

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:01 am

The only new game I'm tempted to pick up is Fallout 3, mainly b/c a friend in Hawaii (a new father, as it were) explained how he should get shitty parent of the year award, as he was blowing off someone's head in said game, while watching his daughter while the wife was at work. I got a chuckle out of that one.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

dcharlie
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby dcharlie » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:26 am

The only new game I'm tempted to pick up is Fallout 3, mainly b/c a friend in Hawaii (a new father, as it were) explained how he should get shitty parent of the year award, as he was blowing off someone's head in said game, while watching his daughter while the wife was at work. I got a chuckle out of that one.

haha, yeah, our unborn kid kicks like hell whenever it hears the theme tune or any of the tracks from in the games (which are all 40's-50's tracks)

So when The Oil Drops kick in with "I don't want to set the world on fire..." the wife gets a kicking. lol.

as a massive Wasteland fan, this feels much more like that than the traditional Fallout games (which themselves were homage to Wasteland). I really like it, but it is a really polarizing game - seems like people either love it or hate it, no one seems to come down in the middle.

some absolutely outstanding moments in there though if you can get through the initial shock - even on the default difficulty, it can be brutally hard and saving often is definitely advised.

But yeah, as Shou says, this is annoying and MS -and- Sony are going to win no friends. Okay, this time is a bit of a screw up because of the patching of the system that they will fix. But things like IP region locked DLC (especially when there is no check on download) like the LBP costumes on PSN is horrific.

A lot of people will fall into these traps over and over again and end up wondering what is going on (especially as it's not applied consistently).
Beautiful Burnout

dcharlie
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby dcharlie » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:18 am

Rtype Dimensions on XBLA tonight (4th Feb)

A little on the high side at 1200 points, but it'll be interesting to see how the refactored coop pans out.

The "too clean" 3d graphics look to have not been changed, but still - was interesting at TGS to flip between the 3 graphical styles.

Fallout 3 : Operation Anchorage.

Well, i went through it, and it's not bad. The loot at the end is worth the expansion, but i'm not convinced by the gameplay. It effectively boils the game down to a point to point FPS which the game isn't particularly too good at. It's okay i guess, but not what i was expecting.
Beautiful Burnout

dcharlie
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby dcharlie » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:42 am

nice, rtype dimensions has a couple of filters in the menus if you hit select in game, allowing you to remove the "clean" look for a more "pseudo retro"

lol, there's one setting for the 2d view that emulates the game on an arcade machine model, so it's as if you are standing at an arcade playing it. Pointless, but cute.
Beautiful Burnout

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:40 pm

Got an arcade unit today. Turns out it's a Jasper. Popped in JSRF... tells me I need an HD. :(

dcharlie
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby dcharlie » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:05 pm

yeah, backwards compatibility needs a HDD

welcome to the crapness of next gen :/
Beautiful Burnout

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:04 pm

If I want to buy downloadable games from Live, do I have to pay a monthly subscription? That just doesn't seem right unless there's free downloadable shit.

dcharlie
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby dcharlie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:41 am

haha, nope, MS wouldn't dream of locking you out of spending your money! You can download stuff with a silver account, you only need gold to go online, and there maybe some occassions where you don't get the demo.

I see no Outrun for Japan on XBL.
Beautiful Burnout

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:26 am

Old thread. Sorry.
My Xbox Live menus all seem to be low res. Is this normal? They're really ugly. I can't imagine this being the default.

brentsg
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby brentsg » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:17 am

Gaijin Punch wrote:Old thread. Sorry.
My Xbox Live menus all seem to be low res. Is this normal? They're really ugly. I can't imagine this being the default.

Doesn't sound right.. Mine definitely don't look low res.

Is this a new problem? Did you move it to a new TV?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:04 am

brentsg wrote:Is this a new problem? Did you move it to a new TV?

It's an old problem. My 360 was originally hooked up to an arcade monitor, in 480p mode. I moved it to the flat screen, and changed the setting to 1080p, but the menus didn't seem to follow. It never bothered me until now. Well, it did, but not enough to search for this old fucking thread. But hey, if nothing else, it's gotten you one step close to 50 posts, where there will be a celebration.

brentsg
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby brentsg » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:12 pm

Gaijin Punch wrote:But hey, if nothing else, it's gotten you one step close to 50 posts, where there will be a celebration.

Are you connected to the network? Maybe you need a dashboard update or something. Or maybe you just think you have the resolution set correctly. :conf:

For the party, will we have those balloons with lube on them again?

Return to “Japanese Video Games”