The PGM2 thread

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

ave
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby ave » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:19 pm

Shou wrote:KOF98UM Heroes and DDP DOJ T run on blue.

Although you're right that there's a blue version as well. Super Pang has it, but this doesn't explain the existence of the red board shown above. O_o

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Postby Shou » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:03 am

Never seen that before....all that I've come across are blue.

On another note, shocked that the PGM2 is still mono.
become history

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:13 am

That red DDP is weird, Excellentcom only has blue http://www.excellentcom.net/Catalog.asp ... atid=43705

By the way the product descriptions there for OL2 and KOV2NL say the games can be switched into English, is that bullshit?
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches
They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Shou » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:08 am

Macaw wrote:That red DDP is weird, Excellentcom only has blue http://www.excellentcom.net/Catalog.asp ... atid=43705

By the way the product descriptions there for OL2 and KOV2NL say the games can be switched into English, is that bullshit?

Yup, that's BS. The only thing in English is the BIOS.
become history

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Shou » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:06 am

So, I talked with a few operators about the red and blue boards. One operator says that the blue boards can be set in English for the in-game modes and that's the only difference they are aware of. Also, the red ones I've come across are for China while the blue ones seem to be for Taiwan.

Can anyone else comment on that?
become history

brentsg
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby brentsg » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:01 am

Is there anyplace with a reasonable price on the DOJ kit? Last time I checked with the HK vendors it was still $800+.

Eric, do any of the local arcades have the PGM2 version on location?

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Shou » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:30 am

brentsg wrote:Is there anyplace with a reasonable price on the DOJ kit? Last time I checked with the HK vendors it was still $800+.

Eric, do any of the local arcades have the PGM2 version on location?

Yah, all of the major shooting arcades in Tokyo have it which seems to have replaced regular DOJ BL. (Try, Mikado, Hey).
become history

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:35 pm

Teaser site for San Guo Zhan Zhi 3: http://www.igs.com.tw/product/act/

IGS remains to be the only 2d action game developer for arcades, and by action I'm of course am not including stg and versus stuff.

Cant wait to see screens of this, I'll probably just buy the whole kit when it comes out.

They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:52 am

Site updated revealing some of the characters (all of the characters and their artwork have been leaked onto Chinese forums anyway) but also an announcement that the game with be shown at the GTI Asia Taipei Expo on the 7th of May, which is likely when we will finally see screenshots.

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Fri May 06, 2011 1:36 pm

http://gnn.gamer.com.tw/2/53362.html

Same sprites as kov2!? 3d background!? wtf is going on here!?

Games is also set up in normal cabs as well a widescreen cab, who knows how the game is properly supposed to be displayed.

Well, we'll see what happens tomorrow when there are hopefully more screens or whatever. I'm still incredibly excited for this, but reusing the kov2 sprites yet again is pretty damn lazy considering Oriental Legend 2 had completely new sprites.

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Fri May 06, 2011 1:45 pm

Having a closer look at the 2 screens, I wonder if the backgrounds are actually 2d or not, it could be a combination of both.

Should be noted that the development is currently at 70% complete, so hopefully some sprites are placeholder. Either way, further screenshots better show a decent amount of actual new sprites beyond a couple of new playable characters... So far this is looking dangerously too much like kov seven star spirits.

Feature wise the game appears to be stacked though with new modes and card functionality. I'll wait till I can get a better translation of shit though before I post them here, most don't make sense through a translator except for the shop mode.

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Fri May 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Man, that's a disappointing. I definitely hope they change the sprites before release.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sat May 07, 2011 3:11 am

I think I can feel Macaw's head exploding.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Mon May 09, 2011 11:37 am

Quite possibly, but we'll see.

IGS still being lazy and haven't updated the main site, but this thread supposedly has screenshots from GTI http://bbs.mycom.net.cn/thread-1611-1-1.html

Problem is you have to register to see attachments, and regisration asks for an invite code. Any Chinese speakers here able to figure out how to get a code?

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Wed May 11, 2011 1:52 pm

Video here: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjY1ODQ1Nzc2.html

Biggest offender for the reused sprites are the generic enemies. The new boss on the horse is cool, but in the stage after its just all reused sprites again.

Worst thing at the moment though is the structure of the game. It appears the game is 25 stages, which are all these self contained little battles, and after each stage you need to put in another credit!?

I cant be certain of this, but that's how the translations from both Chinese and Japanese sources are sounding. Hopefully the credit deal is only because of the location test, and hopefully they put in more damn new sprites!

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Wed May 11, 2011 1:55 pm

Oh and I forgot to mention how retarded IGS are for their widescreen setup there. A good chunk of the screen is cut off on the right, as you can see in the video.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed May 11, 2011 2:06 pm

I know this is killing you. You're going to have to go to therapy for this.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Thu May 12, 2011 11:25 am

Maybe if I catch a flight to Taiwan and take a shit on one of the location test pcb's of the game they would get the message :)

Gun Lord is now the most exciting new arcade action game to keep an eye on.

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Tue May 17, 2011 10:04 am

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue May 17, 2011 11:31 pm

That flat screen can't be good either. There's a Space Harrier running on a flat screen at Hey. Heresy.

loempiavreter
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby loempiavreter » Tue May 24, 2011 2:35 pm

At least the two bosses I have seen are great, their big full of detail... no wonder the normal enemies are reused :P

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:02 am

Full website now up detailing every aspect of the system http://www.igs.com.tw/product/act/?

Youku now has heaps of footage all over it now, but here is a couple of longer vids:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjk5MzEwNzA0.html
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjk1NzY0NjA4.html

Is the game out or is all this new footage from another test? I have no idea.

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:06 pm

I was recently in Taiwan for a few weeks and I played a couple of these IGS beat'em ups. I don't remember what they were called (just a credit on each), but they were pretty fun.

SuperPang
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Re: The PGM2 thread

Postby SuperPang » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:25 am

WeLink have new KOV3 kits in for "$7xx"
I'm tempted. Might try ECL first...

EDIT $760 from ECL. Just waiting on Legend..

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Re: The PGM2 thread

Postby Shou » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:02 am

SuperPang wrote:WeLink have new KOV3 kits in for "$7xx"
I'm tempted. Might try ECL first...

EDIT $760 from ECL. Just waiting on Legend..

Any links or pics? I'm really wanting to see if the 2 screen version is being sold or not.
become history

Return to “Japanese Video Games”