F Zero GX/AX muzikal choons

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Monkey Punch
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

F Zero GX/AX muzikal choons

Postby Monkey Punch » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:24 pm

Just been trawling through a few mp3's I had lying around on the old trusty pc and I happened across the F Zero GX/AX OST which some kind folks ripped directly from the game. I know some people have got a love/hate relationship with game soundtracks but surely this one deserves recognition. When playing the game you tend to hardly notice the tracks, (too busy trying to stay on the bleeding courses, note Cosmo Terminal :x ) but after checking out a few of the tracks you gotta give Sega their dues. Some totally rockin' riffs can be found on there, but it also has time for relaxed melodies too, it's as if Sega tried to cater for every musical taste. As the soundtrack is being released offically next month I guess there's another one on my shopping list (picked up the Gunstar Heroes OST this last week, finally!!!!!!!!!!!) Sooo are there any pieces of game soundage that ruffle anyone's feathers in here? ps: if anyone is familiar with the AX soundtrack and knows who recorded the Digi-Boy pilot profile then I'd be a happy chappie :)

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Re: F Zero GX/AX muzikal choons

Postby zinger » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:51 pm

Monkey Punch wrote:Sooo are there any pieces of game soundage that ruffle anyone's feathers in here?
I don't know if I got that question right, do I like game music? Well, I'm obsessed with it :) Some of my favourites: Yuu Yuu Hakusho (Nazo2) Dynamite Headdy (Nazo2) Layer Section (Zuntata) Metal Black, the arranged songs are just amazing! (Zuntata) Langrisser Langrisser II Gleylancer ...and many more! ;) Haven't been able to locate any of those yet, but I haven't looked too much, shout if you see them! :P

Monkey Punch
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Monkey Punch » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:21 pm

Ah another video game music junkie, nice to see you here ;) I'm pretty hooked by the whole game music thing myself with that FZero OST being my current fave. Other fav's include: Radiant Silvergun Gunstar Heroes ESPGaluda (a newie but such a goodie) Axelay ESPrade Soukyugurentai Turrican (sooo hard to find on cd) and I'll chuck a cliched FF one in there - Final Fantasy X :) Funnily enough I've got a copy of Yuu Yuu Hakusho that I got a few months ago, it's not quite up there with Gunstar but it's cool enough. If your on the hunt for it though and the other titles you mentioned then the best source I can recommend is a seller on ebay, goes by the name of champ_des_pins. He sells nothing but soundtracks and he usually gets alot of the rare stuff. He's got a Yuu Yuu Hakusho for sale now actually.

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby zinger » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:17 pm

Ah, exellent! Thanks for the tip, too bad I'm not 18 yet. Can't deal with ebayers :?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:51 am

Music has always been a huge part of my life... I've just never liked much game music. Some that I *DO* like are: Ghost in the Shell (PSX) best game soundtrack ever... w/o a doubt. I bought the vinyl ($$$$) Panzer Dragoon RPG (nice and different) PSO (I like the mines theme...the rest is mediocre) There's a few more, but that's all I can think of now.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Monkey Punch
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Monkey Punch » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:18 pm

Ah nice choice with Ghost in the Shell there, I seem to remember it being pretty sharp for a soundtrack. Didn't remember there being a vinyl for it though. Heh, been too spoiled with the CD generation I guess :P Another factor to think about is the difference between specially composed game music and "licenced" music with Jet Set Radio and the Gran Turismo's, especially taking into account the latter. Anyone prefer big bands making your game choons or are you old skool at heart?

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby zinger » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:56 pm

We don't want no licensed music! :) Another wonderful soundtrack: GG Aleste 2 (aka Power Strike 2) for Game Gear! ;)

CaptainAmazing
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby CaptainAmazing » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:05 pm

Can anyone send me the track from the first level of Gleylancer?

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby zinger » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:19 pm

CaptainAmazing wrote:Can anyone send me the track from the first level of Gleylancer?
The original GYM, or some arranged version? I can send the original in GYM or MP3 format if you want... Through email?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:15 pm

JSR and JSRF were pretty good soundtracks. I liked JSRF's better -- if I'm not mistaken, it was done by Grand Royal... the guy Beastie Boys' original label. I'm sure people think I'm nuts for this, but the licensed stuff is the only stuff I enjoy. I used to spend a lot of time in clubs (more than on games) b/c I was so into the music. Most game music I find far too drab to enjoy. It's getting better, but I find anything pre 32-bit to be intolerable. The GiTS soundtrack featured Takkyu Ishino (opening tune, and the best one), Westbam, and a ton more (Myke van Dyke I think).
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Return to “Japanese Video Games”