RGB on normal NTSC-J TV

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

RGB on normal NTSC-J TV

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:39 am

Someone posted this at Assembler. Worth a look... although I'm glad I don't have to make that mod.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:10 am

Geez, all that work, and the guy could have just bought a cheap used Sony PVM and hacked a Genesis/Mega Drive cable for a few bucks instead.

Sparky
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Sparky » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:05 am

Fun mod. Always like these types of projects. I took the easy route and just bought a 1084. :)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:13 pm

Gotta be really patient for PVMs sometimes... and those have some work involved too, quite often.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Greatsaintlouis
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Greatsaintlouis » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:48 pm

People who can pull these sorts of mods off are probably the beginning of the next stage of human evolution, and never cease to amaze me. Even if I somehow weren't scared shitless by the promise of the stored charge inside the set, my hands are so unsteady that soldering anything more complicated than a few wires to a stereo jack is an exercise in frustration and bridged connections. Always impressed to see folks pull this off with the attitude of, "Yeah, I had nothing better to do, so I spent some time hacking this TV for RGB. You know, just as a hobby."
You also distaste me with passion!

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:01 am

I'm far more envious of having the free time. My toolbox right now is a screwdriver and a credit card.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”