Saturn Greatest Hits?

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

evilmess
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Saturn Greatest Hits?

Postby evilmess » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:59 am

I just won this on ebay. http://home.comcast.net/‾evilmess/imgs/TFV.jpg Is this packaging a greatest hits type of packaging or ??? I don't care really so Long as it's the full version of TFV. :)

geelw2
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Re: Saturn Greatest Hits?

Postby geelw2 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:32 am

evilmess wrote:I just won this on ebay. http://home.comcast.net/‾evilmess/imgs/TFV.jpg Is this packaging a greatest hits type of packaging or ??? I don't care really so Long as it's the full version of TFV. :)
;) yup, it's a repressing, but it's the full game, so don't worry! how much did you pay for it on ebeg?

evilmess
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby evilmess » Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:23 pm

I was the sole bidder in the final minutes winning the game for $25 plus shipping for a US seller in my city :)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:44 am

Fortunately, the Saturn had diffferent packaging. Don't worry though, Thunderforce V is one of the few Saturn Collection games that costs almost as much as the original. The only other one that I know of is Princess Crown. $25 is a good price for it I'd say.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:21 am

Dodonpachi also generally goes for the same as the normal release.

evilmess
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby evilmess » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:03 pm

I met the seller at a local market and got tyhe game for $25 no shipping charges. Cool game! ;) DDP is available in the Sega Saturn Collection packaging as well?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:41 pm

Yeah, it is. I should probably come up w/ a list of games that are on Saturn Collection. Ones I can of off the top of my head: Princess Crown Thunderforce 5 DoDonpachi Virtua Fighter 2 Layer Section Princess Maker 2 Nights God, there's a lot more. :)
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:57 am

$25.00 isn't too bad. I got the same one for about $13.00 about a year ago but the game had some scratches on it. Still not too bad of a price. These were the collection version one that I recall that you missed. Metal Black Saturn Bomberman Devil Summoner Sword and Sorcery Samurai Shodown(either 3 or the RPG) Langrisser 4 Albert Odyssey Langrisser 3 Falcom Classics Dragon Force Daisenryaku Baku Baku Animal Tetris Puyo Puyo Sun Puzzle Bubble 2X Magical Drop 3 Sega Rally sakura Taisen Clockwork Knight Dragon Ball Z Densetsu Gungriffon Rockman 8 Rockman X4 Silhouete Mirage Street Fighter Zero 2 I think these might of been too but don't remember anymore. If anyone wants to confirm these feel free? Cyber Doll Grandia Command and Conquer Chaos Sood Sangokushi 4 Conveni All Japan Pro Wrestling Fire Pro Wrestling Steep Slope Sliders Side Pocket D Enemy Zero Tomb Raider Bulk Slash

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:20 am

I think these might of been too but don't remember anymore. If anyone wants to confirm these feel free?
Cyber Doll -- I don't think so. Grandia - Memorial pack. No Saturn Collection version. Chaos Seed -- I think there are two versions, but not a Saturn Collection Bulk Slash -- This one I know exists, and is the "smarter" of the two to buy. The Bulk Slash packaging has some adhesive on it, and if you leave it in the case for too long, it will eventually stick to the jewel case. The dumbest thing I've seen in a while.

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:33 am

I thought for Bulk Slash it's more because the manual/foldout poster is too big for the case. They should of put it in a bigger CD case like Baroque or double CD case like how a lot of PC Engine game were done.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:01 am

I took it out the other day and ran my fingers over it -- it does have adhesive on it. I don't think the size would help at all. A copy I got ages ago was stuck to the case, and there was no saving it. :cry:

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:16 am

Wasn't that the one you sold me a while back for fairly cheap?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:06 pm

I think that one I just got kinda cheap. The one I'm referring to was ages ago. I've got one now, that I've had to flip the manual around backwards to keep it from sticking to the case.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”