[ETC] Asian Original Arcade Titles

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

[ETC] Asian Original Arcade Titles

Postby Shou » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:33 am

Might be worthwhile on having a thread dedicated to Asian (excluding Japan) developed arcade titles seeing as the focus is shifting to this region.

During my current Singapore business trip, I went by Virtualland in Bugis Juction and found a number of interesting titles. Will upload pics later.

Crazy Climber (? 2010) - licensed by Nichibutsu, Chinese developed sequel that doesn't use normal controls, rather it has some kind of touch sensitive pads where you simulate climbing up a surface

OPERATION G.H.O.S.T. (Sega 2011) - sequel of sorts to G.H.O.S.T. SQUAD but you have a team and the action scenes rotate between their perspectives depending upon your performance, I thought this was only on test but they had a full release version, uses the same infrared gun tech as past Sega games and the hardware looks old as the visuals aren't very modern (even had frame rate issues in places)

Speed Drive 3 (IGS 2010) - polygonal racer with 2D character designs, no one played the 2 player sitdown cab while I was there but it's dated 2010, 3D visuals are competent but not spectcular in any way

Speed Rider (IGS 2009) - perhaps an offshoot of their Speed Drive series but with motorcycles, cab had 2 full bikes like the old MANX TT cabs
become history

Return to “Japanese Video Games”