[AC] DoDonPachi Sai-Dai-Ou-Jou

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

[AC] DoDonPachi Sai-Dai-Ou-Jou

Postby Shou » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:20 am

Location test this weekend from Fri-Sun at Hey in Akiba.

Early reports say vertical danmaku, sound by Manabu Namiki and new system called dress up (sounds loli). Sales are supposed to start in Spring.

Locals are debating if it is Nesica or runs on converted Akaji (my play on words, akaji=in the red) Katana PCBs.
become history

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Re: [AC] DoDonPachi Sai-Dai-Ou-Jou

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:50 pm

Yeah, I can't make this on Saturday... my kid has a thing. I know some locals that want me to go through. You should contact NTSC-J/Kaneda & Adverse. They're planning on going. If I make it, it would be Friday right after work. We'll see. You planning on heading out? You going to come to my DJ gig? Going to try to get some of the other local weirdos out there.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

sven666
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby sven666 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:34 pm

shoot some vids those of you who are going? i for one would love to see some.. ;)
Recap wrote: I do qualilty posting.

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Shou » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:09 am

Gaijin Punch wrote:Yeah, I can't make this on Saturday... my kid has a thing. I know some locals that want me to go through. You should contact NTSC-J/Kaneda & Adverse. They're planning on going. If I make it, it would be Friday right after work. We'll see. You planning on heading out? You going to come to my DJ gig? Going to try to get some of the other local weirdos out there.

Let me know the details for your gig. I might go to Akiba after work on Fri too but it's better for me to not go and be tempted to buy something. lol
become history

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:50 am

Just stay away from the PCB shops! Haha.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Shou » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:49 am

Gaijin Punch wrote:Just stay away from the PCB shops! Haha.

and the console shops and the PC shops and the doujin shops....lol
become history

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:18 pm

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:44 pm

The design of all the backgrounds and enemies are awesome. The "dress system' is still the absolute dumbest thing I've ever seen in a shooting game.
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches
They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

sven666
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby sven666 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:25 pm

the dress system is 100% exactly the same as choosing between shot, power and strong mode?
only thing is in addition to that (and completely irrellevant) is that the characters outfit changes.

"revolutionary dress system" :roll:

maybe theres more to it in the finished product tho, im keeping my fingers crossed for strikers 1945 all-clear titty screenshots!! :P
Recap wrote: I do qualilty posting.

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:55 pm

It is the same as choosing mode, and it is irrelevant, but it breaks the artistic integrity of the game... Its just retarded. In contrast, the over the top female designs in something like Dragons Crown are not stupid because they are both incredibly awesome and totally fit with the theme and style of the game.

People fixated on the scoring mechanics of cave games wouldn't care, but the overall presentation matters to me and I'm sure some other people.
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches

They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:10 am

Indeed, a "shooting game" fan is now a hard hobby to have and maintain any type of expectancy of getting laid.

Pretas
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Pretas » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:23 am

The 360 version has a release date: May 30. There's also been a ton of updates to the site.

They probably got Aya Hirano on the cheap, since she had a scandal and is now seen as a slut. Also, I think the loyalty of the once-rabid Haruhi fanbase was tested a few too many times.

Microsoft Japan is backing development. I guess they see this as their last opportunity to squeeze another modest success out of the J-360 before it goes kaput. As a result, it's going to have a dumb 3-player, 16:9 arrange mode where score doesn't matter and you grind for emblems and shit. Will be Cave's first vertizontal STG. This seems like the first time they're making a really deliberate effort to cater to players outside of the STG fanbase; all the fetishy female characters were just window dressing.

I wonder how many IDOLM@STER freaks hung onto their 360s.
Hohe Türme ragen senkrecht und dicht gedrängt gen Himmel
Stahl, Qualm und rauchende Schornsteine
Eine Zukunftgesellschaft im Zerfall
Angeborene Lichtphobie
Vögel in der Finsternis

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Shou » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:17 am

Pretas wrote:I wonder how many IDOLM@STER freaks hung onto their 360s.

They ditched them when the PS3 version came out with all of the DLC on the disc.
become history

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:28 am

Still love playing Idolmaster 1 and 2 on my 360. :)
Stronger then your average deadite

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:07 am

Pretas wrote: arrange mode where score doesn't matter and you grind for emblems and shit. Will be Cave's first vertizontal STG.

Where did you get this info? Anyway, Cave arrange modes are almost always crapola. You buy the port for, you know, the port. If the arrange is really good, then GET BONUS. Otherwise, just ignore it.

This seems like the first time they're making a really deliberate effort to cater to players outside of the STG fanbase; all the fetishy female characters were just window dressing.

I'd consider DSIIX to be the first, not this. It had a puzzle/platformer game tossed in.

Pretas
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Pretas » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:10 am

Where did you get this info?

I'll have to track down the source, but I definitely read that description in an article from a while ago. They didn't actually say that score won't matter, though it seems a given if the whole point of the mode is to hunt for achievement-like things with your friends (hence adding a third player). It didn't really matter in DFK Arrange B either: rank is affected by your performance in prior runs, so there's no level playing field for judging skill.
I'd consider DSIIX to be the first, not this. It had a puzzle/platformer game tossed in.

Tsukaima Race would fall under the "window dressing" category, since it was entirely separate from the main game and played nothing like it. It's a tribute to Compile's PC-98 game Ceramic Ball, by the way.

Oh, and the Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets pack is getting a reduced price reprint on Feb. 21, if any of you missed out on it the first time. It got pretty expensive quickly.
Angeborene Lichtphobie
Vögel in der Finsternis

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:16 am

Pretas wrote:
Where did you get this info?

I'll have to track down the source, but I definitely read that description in an article from a while ago. They didn't actually say that score won't matter, though it seems a given if the whole point of the mode is to hunt for achievement-like things with your friends (hence adding a third player). It didn't really matter in DFK Arrange B either: rank is affected by your performance in prior runs, so there's no level playing field for judging skill.

Asada hasn't mentioned any concrete details about the game system yet (that will change this weekend), and he's pretty much the only person who talks publicly about the game. He did say the 3 (or more) players will share a cumulative score, which means your comment about "Score not mattering" makes little sense. If you find the article, please post a link.

Tsukaima Race would fall under the "window dressing" category, since it was entirely separate from the main game and played nothing like it.

Exactly. It was tossed in there to appeal to those outside of the STG crowd.

emphatic
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby emphatic » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:50 pm

It warms my fanboy heart to see you posting about CAVE again, EOJ. ;)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:45 am

emphatic wrote:It warms my fanboy heart to see you posting about CAVE again, EOJ. ;)

Pretas
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Pretas » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:23 pm

An enlightening new Famitsu article.

- The claims of a 16:9 mode were total BS; there's definitely nothing vertizontal. The sides of the screen are used for animated talking waifu heads in story mode, and that's enough to qualify as "full 16:9 support" in their eyes.

- Thankfully, I was wrong about the co-op. There is a cooperative score attack mode where up to three players compete for the highest score. Must be crowded.

- A new Expert mode will offer a difficulty level comparable to if the game had a second loop.

- There will be TWO limited editions. The more expensive one will have anime cels and developer interviews along with the usual soundtrack. Between these and the Cave Shooting Collection, Cave is really trying to milk diehard collectors for all they're worth.
Angeborene Lichtphobie
Vögel in der Finsternis

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Shou » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:10 am

Pretas wrote:- There will be TWO limited editions. The more expensive one will have anime cels and developer interviews along with the usual soundtrack. Between these and the Cave Shooting Collection, Cave is really trying to milk diehard collectors for all they're worth.

er...not even close to what they were doing with the Matsuri boards....
become history

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:53 pm

I think the Matsuri boards were the results of the questionnaires at the matsuri events. I know I wrote down they should sell a limited number of those boards.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”