Gourmet Sentai Bara Yarou

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

JoshF
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Gourmet Sentai Bara Yarou

Postby JoshF » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:52 pm

Anybody know where I can find a move list for this game? Whenever I get the clone power-up my clone does cool things I want to do.

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Re: Gourmet Sentai Bara Yarou

Postby Macaw » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:25 pm

http://www.gamengai.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13275

The site has been down for ages though, and trying to retrieve the barayarou section with the wayback machine doesn't find anything.

I only ever used the big guy, and I seem to recall that the uppercut is done by holding up at some point during the combo, and the piledriver was a 360 while grabbing an enemy or something, shouldn't be too hard to figure out. He can also suplex and do some kind of other special move that I cant remember.

I always wondered if this and Ane-San had the same development team, though somethings telling me that the development team were actually the guys that did the superb shubibinman 3. Been a long time since I was researching this shit but I vaguely recall these were all linked somehow.
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches
They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

JoshF
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby JoshF » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:27 am

Thanks. All I could figure out with the big guy was a punch that set enemies on fire (Y while holding R I think).

JoshF
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby JoshF » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:50 pm

So I figured out the big guy (I think his name in Bonjour) has an Irish Whip-like move by pressing LLL during a grapple. There's also a Suplex and Piledriver done by pressing RLR during a grapple, but I haven't figured out what makes each come out specifically. I still can't do the uppercut move.

andsuchisdeath
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby andsuchisdeath » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:03 am

I picked this game up recently and figured out a few things

For the big guy, and the other two characters, after the fourth hit of your chain combo, hit up + B and you will perform

Big guy : two handed uppercut

Fast guy: head Butt

Chick : axe Kick

Now with the fast guy, and chick, this up + B attack will make your opponent land on their head and remain in an inverted position for a few seconds. The exclusive follow up attack for this situation is to hit Up + B again, and you will then be standing on your enemies feet. Hit Y to do a unique attack in this position.
EDIT:
The grappler can make enemies land on their heads as well...I was hitting enemies off screen with the uppercut, so initially I was unaware of this.

Grapple: LLL
Grapple: RLR
Grapple: UP+Forward RLRLR (mash) I don't have a firm grasp on this yet...but I've been able to get a spinning pile driver out of the big guy, and an izuna drop move from the quick guy. The chick has a mindsweeper move where she swings the enemies around by their feet.

I don't know much else. I guess WINDS was a development team from NCS/Masaya, so the shubibinman 3 and ane-san associations are more than plausible.

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby zinger » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:52 pm

Winds have done graphic work for many different companies over many years, including Masaya. Satoshi Nakai worked under their label when designing Gynoug's graphics.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”