[X68K] Undumped game releases

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

[X68K] Undumped game releases

Postby SuperDeadite » Tue May 22, 2012 3:32 pm

So I've got a few old doujins that appear to be publicly undumped. I think OverDriver is for sure, as I've already gotten a request for it from Caius who makes that huge HD image over on NFG.

OverDriver (love the gameplay)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBK9h2ghS2w

Galseed II (fantastic graphics!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_QRHYC7v_c

T-94X (8 player Combat with FMV intro)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdKwYWAf4eg

Got a few more I'll be doing videos of shortly. I can't dump games myself, but copies will be sent to a friend who can soon. :)
Last edited by SuperDeadite on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stronger then your average deadite

sven666
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Re: [X68K] Are these games undumped?

Postby sven666 » Tue May 22, 2012 4:02 pm

cool looking games, especially the tank one, looks like awesome multiplayer fun!!
Recap wrote: I do qualilty posting.

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby zinger » Tue May 22, 2012 5:49 pm

Can't really grasp what's going on in Overdriver but it looks really unique, and with excellent pace and a cool atmosphere! I only wish the graphics were better. Do you know when it was released? And holy shit, The Ground Warriors looks so ambitious (but also pretty damn boring). Thanks for posting these!

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Wed May 23, 2012 1:18 am

In OverDriver you have 2 anchors which attach to anything, then you can shoot anything that crosses your anchor lines. You have to use them as lightning rods to ground the clouds on the lightning stage. It was released as part of the Login Software Contest Treasure Collection in '93.

Moon Solider II - released in 1998, seems a bit unfinished in some ways, but the sprites and animation are very well done for an X68k doujin fighter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bWHTEQcMaU&feature=youtu.be

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:50 pm

Finally switched my XVI over to compact flash, meaning I could finally dump some lost games. See here to download. I may have a few more coming soon. :)

http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=4922.0

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:39 am

Awesome stuff SuperDeadite.
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches
They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Postby Shou » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:07 am

SuperDeadite wrote:Finally switched my XVI over to compact flash, meaning I could finally dump some lost games. See here to download. I may have a few more coming soon. :)

http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=4922.0

I see you got the same conversion board I did but I planned on using it for the FM Towns. Ever try it on the Towns? I haven't been able to get it going but not sure what is at fault there.
become history

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:57 am

Haven't tried it on my Towns yet. But now I certainly will as I was planning to buy another for my Towns later on. :) I have to open my system again anyways as I'm still tweaking my XVI's new HDD image.

I can tell you that weird stuff happens when the Town's battery starts to go. I had ear splitting sound effects in Chase HQ, Mahou Daisakusen would randomly stop reading the disk, and other weird stuff, but once the battery died completely and i left it unplugged for a week, everything was fixed.

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Shou » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:02 am

SuperDeadite wrote:Haven't tried it on my Towns yet. But now I certainly will as I was planning to buy another for my Towns later on. :) I have to open my system again anyways as I'm still tweaking my XVI's new HDD image.

I can tell you that weird stuff happens when the Town's battery starts to go. I had ear splitting sound effects in Chase HQ, Mahou Daisakusen would randomly stop reading the disk, and other weird stuff, but once the battery died completely and i left it unplugged for a week, everything was fixed.

Let me know how you progress with it. TownsOS has a number of versions which don't work with all models and the only CD I had at the time I tried the mod was an older disc. I've since acquired the final Towns OS release but haven't tried it again.

For the X68000, do you have any issues with games recognizing the CF drive? I'm using a different SCSI to CF card for it and while I can boot from the HDD, floppy games never can see it...
become history

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:11 am

No issues at all. :) Just yesterday I used Phalanx's self-installer. It recognized both partitions and installed itself perfectly. Only issue with this thing is the HD Busy light is on 100% of the time. I think this is fixed if you directly plug the HD Busy LED into the CF board itself and not the mobo. But being a TwinTower, this will be a pain in the ass, so I haven't bothered with it.

If you are using a different board some things to think about.
1. Parity. The X68k SCSI Controller does not have parity, if your CF adapter requires parity, then you will need to build a parity generation circuit. (The AztecMonster does not need it).
2. DMA. The X68k does not like DMA. Disable this if you can.
3. Always use ID0 for booting, and enable termination.

Ever tried to boot your Towns from PCMCIA card? A PCMCIA->CF adapter card is like 500yen. Think I'm gonna try that first as my Fresh has the card reader built in and then I don't even have to open the beast. :)

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Re: [X68K] Undumped game releases

Postby SuperDeadite » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Made a new dump of Master Striker Zero off my original floppy. (yes it is actually called MS Zero on the cover and in the original manual).
The old image was a bad dump and is actually missing a voice-over. With the old image the mid-boss has one line of dialog when you beat him, in my new image he has 2 spoken lines, the first being when he comes out. A very minor difference, but once you hear it, you can't go back.

If you compare the images, one of the sound files are different sizes, hence the old image was partially corrupt.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiFTccAnFjc

Image download: http://nfggames.com/x68000/Uploads/zero.xdf

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Shou » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:45 am

SuperDeadite wrote:No issues at all. :) Just yesterday I used Phalanx's self-installer. It recognized both partitions and installed itself perfectly. Only issue with this thing is the HD Busy light is on 100% of the time. I think this is fixed if you directly plug the HD Busy LED into the CF board itself and not the mobo. But being a TwinTower, this will be a pain in the ass, so I haven't bothered with it.

If you are using a different board some things to think about.
1. Parity. The X68k SCSI Controller does not have parity, if your CF adapter requires parity, then you will need to build a parity generation circuit. (The AztecMonster does not need it).
2. DMA. The X68k does not like DMA. Disable this if you can.
3. Always use ID0 for booting, and enable termination.

Ever tried to boot your Towns from PCMCIA card? A PCMCIA->CF adapter card is like 500yen. Think I'm gonna try that first as my Fresh has the card reader built in and then I don't even have to open the beast. :)

Do you have a SCSI card installed in your X68? I've got the Mach II card for my external HDD and MO drive. That drive boots the machine up in 68030 mode while my CF card goes to the normal 68000 mode. Ideally, I would want the option to do external boot first then go to internal which seems to work for everything but game installations...

I didn't realize the Towns could boot from PCMCIA without an OS installed so never tried it!.
become history

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:33 pm

I'm not positive if the Towns can boot from PCMCIA hence I asked, but I think it's worth a try for the cheap price it will cost me.

I don't have a fancy SCSI board in my machine, no room for one unless I ever find a loose XpanderIV... I just use the normal XVI's SCSI ports. Internal for my CF, and external for my CD-ROM.

With all that hooked up at once it might be your issue. I have my CF setup for dual-boot. Primary partition for LHES and launching games, secondary partition for SX-Window 3.1. Originally I wanted a triple-boot setup, but it appeared to be impossible. I could make as many partitions as I wanted, but if more then 2 were mounted, the system wouldn't boot without a floppy (didn't matter if they were non-system partitions).

So I can confirm 2 partitions is the most for a single device. I've never messed with an external HDD/MO. Not sure how you want your setup to be, but if I ever get a Xellent30, I'd stick with the dual-boot setup. Primary for LHES and normal games, Secondary for Xellent30. I have SX setup to not auto boot, so when I load off that partition it goes to Human prompt, then i run sx.bat to boot sx. I only really use SX for mass transfer via CD-ROM as dragging and dropping is so much faster. :)

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Shou » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:12 am

I got my 68 setup with all of this stuff as-is with the SCSI card and Xellent30 installed but the HDD and FDDs were dead so maybe he just used the external drives. He has a huge games archive on the MO disk and a bunch of utils on the external HDD which I've never missed with. I also got a boatload of disks from him. When you're down in Tokyo next, you're welcome to come by and take a look.

Ideally, the 68000 side for use with games as primary and Xellent030 as secondary. Are you using the CD-ROM just to move image files over?

SuperDeadite wrote:I'm not positive if the Towns can boot from PCMCIA hence I asked, but I think it's worth a try for the cheap price it will cost me.

I don't have a fancy SCSI board in my machine, no room for one unless I ever find a loose XpanderIV... I just use the normal XVI's SCSI ports. Internal for my CF, and external for my CD-ROM.

With all that hooked up at once it might be your issue. I have my CF setup for dual-boot. Primary partition for LHES and launching games, secondary partition for SX-Window 3.1. Originally I wanted a triple-boot setup, but it appeared to be impossible. I could make as many partitions as I wanted, but if more then 2 were mounted, the system wouldn't boot without a floppy (didn't matter if they were non-system partitions).

So I can confirm 2 partitions is the most for a single device. I've never messed with an external HDD/MO. Not sure how you want your setup to be, but if I ever get a Xellent30, I'd stick with the dual-boot setup. Primary for LHES and normal games, Secondary for Xellent30. I have SX setup to not auto boot, so when I load off that partition it goes to Human prompt, then i run sx.bat to boot sx. I only really use SX for mass transfer via CD-ROM as dragging and dropping is so much faster. :)
become history

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:36 am

Yeah CD-ROM is for file transfer. Very quick as I have a driver that works with SX 3.1. Meaning I get a CD-ROM icon on the SX drive tray, and can drag and drop. Helps a lot as i'm in the process of copying about 70 thousand MDX files into my MXDRV juke box :) Annoyingly, DiskExplorer does not like my secondary partition, so I can't just drop files in on windows, have to do the cd-rom transfer. It's slow going, but it works.

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:41 am

New Release: Racing Champ by TZD.
Mode-7ish style racer, supports analog controls and is a lot of fun with the Cyberstick. I have released the game files, however it has bitchy copy protection, and I haven't been able to produce a working copy, even proemu was unable to break it. Gonna need someone who can hack ASM I'm afraid.

Files: http://nfggames.com/x68000/Uploads/RACING_CHAMP.rar

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSPK2hnVyOE&feature=youtu.be

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:49 pm

Found a couple more lost games recently. Sadly due to some bullshit, I can't do public release at this time. Sorry. :(

Blue Wings: The Special Airforce
The very first shooter by O/S software, aka Blue and White. There later games are freely available, but this one slipped through the cracks...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZZ0CQxj0Sc

Space Soldier II
I'm stunned, I seriously can't believe this actually exists. And there is no record of it anywhere until this point. The original SS is garbage tier, but this game rocks. Interestingly this is either a Sion 2 rippoff, or possibly a beta version of the long lost Sion 3? Talk about a weird find...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jki1j7k5Oqc

CIT Seven Force
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby CIT Seven Force » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:39 pm

SuperDeadite wrote:Space Soldier II
I'm stunned, I seriously can't believe this actually exists. And there is no record of it anywhere until this point. The original SS is garbage tier, but this game rocks. Interestingly this is either a Sion 2 rippoff, or possibly a beta version of the long lost Sion 3? Talk about a weird find...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jki1j7k5Oqc

Amazing stuff! The soundtrack is unbelievably nice!

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:17 am

Yep -- that soundtrack is 90's adult ADD if I ever heard it. Nostalgic!
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:09 am

Well thanks to a video thats surfaced now, Last Tempest has become one of my most wanted old pc games, the game is absolutely crazy and awesome. Info here: http://fullmotionvideo.free.fr/phpBB3/v ... f=2&t=1092

So Shou/Superdeadite/anyone else got any ideas of a way of obtaining it?

They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Pretas
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Pretas » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:51 am

That truly is an impressive find. Almost looks like it could have been a lost early nineties Namco arcade game. Hope it gets cracked soon.

"KILL HIM!"

"ANGELIC SCUM"

Gameplay now on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUQB-j6KGtM
Hohe Türme ragen senkrecht und dicht gedrängt gen Himmel
Stahl, Qualm und rauchende Schornsteine
Eine Zukunftgesellschaft im Zerfall
Angeborene Lichtphobie
Vögel in der Finsternis

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:17 pm

I'll see what I can do, but cracking is very hard to do without having the original disks. I still haven't been able to crack Moon Soldier II nor Racing Champ. I believe I could reproduce those two if I had a Kryoflux, but I don't.

Oh by the way Macaw, I noticed you are looking for a way to view graphics and stuff that might not have been used in game. There is a program called "Useful." Basically you run a game as normal, then you simply put in the Useful disk and reset. It then preserves all graphic data that's in RAM, and lets you export and edit sprites and stuff. Probably not exactly what you want, but easy way to start.

Ok I played around a bit, and I can tell you the copy protection is tied to the savedata.lt file on the first disk. so if anyone knows how to hack asm, that's where it is. Other interesting tidbit, this game's music was done by that Monyons guy. Same dude who did the music for, and is still not releasing Deadly Edge. lol. That's about all i can do myself.

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:46 pm

Thanks for the help Superdeadite! I'll quote you on Tokugawa and see if any coders pick up on it.

I think I remember on the Deadly Edge video that Monyons commented he would have to ask the author for it to be released, or something like that.

Any disk images around for that 'useful' program? The generic name makes it impossible to search for.

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:57 pm

Useful is on one of the World of X68000 II disks. Same disk as Rush! (drive 0 boots Rush!, drive 1 boots Useful)

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:19 am

Looks like those world of x68000 disks aren't dumped, will have to keep an eye out for them anyway. Thanks again!

How did you manage to look at the files on the Last Tempest disks btw? I cant open them with the editdisk program.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”