[X68K] Undumped game releases

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Re: [X68K] Undumped game releases

Postby SuperDeadite » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:56 am

I burned the images on a CDR and copied them to my real XVI's HD with a SCSI CD drive. Then wrote the images to physical floppies. The savadata.lt file is a little bitch. It's somehow written so that I can't even delete it, if you try to delete it, human will give you the message "there is no file." Oddly I could "open" it using Sharpen (SX 3.1 text editor), but of course it was just a screen of garbage characters :)

I personally dumped most of the World of X68k disks already. I guess I forgot this one. I'm about due to to do a back up of my HD image again, so I if there's anything else you need let me know.
Stronger then your average deadite

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:14 pm

Do you have that doujin collection released by Ascii which alongside Galseed 2 has rarities like Camelot and Dungeon Management? It was a commercial release compilation but I don't think its been dumped. Could be quite rare I guess, I only know about it from browsing issues of oh!x.
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches
They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:47 pm

Yes I do. I even made a youtube video on it lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZuviVY0ru8

That book comes with 12 games. Most were already dumped, My Today's Job, Overdriver and Larjis weren't, and I released those already. I think I forgot to release Bradion though and maybe a few others. Camerot is fun, but it's 2player only game. No computer AI at all. Galseed II is dumped as an HD image, but I can give you real disk images if you want. I also have Olteus II which seems quite hard to find.

I don't really follow the websites anymore, also tokugawa insists on converting games into that stupid ass dim format. So many x68k images are broken, and I blame the conversion. A great example of this is Master Striker Zero (yes that is the proper title, not the other way around). The internet dump is actually partially corrupt, it still works but is missing one of the voice samples. No downloader would ever know the difference, but once you've played the proper version you see it instantly, hence i redumped it a while ago.

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:04 pm

Hahaha I actually remember watching most of that video back when you uploaded it but totally forgot it was the same collection. I'm mostly after disc images for Camerot and Dungeon Management.

They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:14 pm

yeah they are backed up on my flash card, just have to take them off for you, which involves opening the computer, but i need to do this anyway :)

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:21 pm

Thanks a million superdeadite! Images of those games along with Useful will be amazing!

That reminds me, I have been meaning to start a topic about a x68k exclusive I am utterly obsessed by and have fanatically researched over the years, I should get around to making that soon. It along with a couple other games are the reason I was looking for the sprite ripping programs.

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:57 am

Found some more undumped stuff. Nothing too exciting but Sound SX is a lot of fun to mess with. Still looking for Music SX though... Haven't had time to take apart the system yet, so no dump yet (sorry Macaw).

Imagephotobucket

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:20 am

Don't worry about it Superdeadite, just do it whenever you feel like it I'm in no rush.

Always cool to find new doujin stuff. Maybe eventually you'll be able to track down authentic disks of Last Tempest hahahaha (I still have no idea whether it was sold only at comiket, through Takeru, or both)

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:40 pm

Some Japanese dude was able to break the copy protection on Racing Champ! Yay one less game I have to worry about dieing on me. :)

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Racing Champ wasn't the only game he was able to crack :)

New thread coming soon from Macaw about the most amazing x68k game ever... ;)

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:01 pm

Yeah, but LT wasn't cracked. He just supplied a save state to skip past the copy protection phase. Meaning you can play it on an emulator, but not on the real machine still... :(

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:26 pm

Damn, I was hoping you might have been able to do something with his hard disk image or something. I hope progress on running it on a real machine is made soon, would love to see vids :) Its shocking how much cooler the game turned out than what I was expecting, even after that video. In a few days I'll start a new thread with pics and everything, should blow some people away ;)

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:31 pm

Yeah if you use his save state, exit the game, then relaunch it (type LT and push enter) it will kick you out at the copy protection check like always. It's just a save state, though how he got that save state is a question I'd love to have an answer too.

As for the game itself, the MIDI sounds quite nice too. Only thing I don't get is the Menu. Maybe it's just my monitor? But I have no idea what option I have selected, it's pure guessing until I get what I want.

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:46 pm

I think it might be an emulation issue?

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:53 am

How did you get the SC-55 working in emulator SuperDeadite?

I've never really messed with midi emulation on x68000 before, but using the XM6 typeG emulator I just did a test run with Dracula and the midi seemed to work fine. In Last Tempest I load the savestate then change to midi options in the tools menu, but I still get nothing when I switch to SC-55.

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:52 pm

X68k games look for a midi interface board when they boot up, then load the required midi driver when they see it. Meaning you have to setup MIDI in the emulator settings before launching the game. The original save-state didn't have MIDI enabled so it doesn't work. I simply turned MIDI on first, then followed his steps and then created a new save point with it on. I can send you my new save file if you can't get it to work. :)

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:45 pm

Yeah would love your save state ;) just make sure you take it during the attract mode so I have time to quickly change the directory, at any time during the main menu with the wrong HD path the game boots you out.

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:59 pm

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pkeqvh

For fun, I actually used the floppies. So my save state will need them, no HDimage needed. Included 2 save states, one is for the menu, one takes you to the sound test (as the glitchy menu is a pain in the ass to mess with). Note, the midi format data is sent when a track is changed, so if you load the menu save state, it will sound like garbage until you start the game and it changes. (since the midi module won't recieve the format sysex).

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:02 pm

Hahaha well this is new. Those save states only work with xm6 typeG 2.06 and I have 2.05, and after downloading the new 2.06 it looks like it doesn't support non-Japanese windows at all, even if the unicode region is set to Japan. The states work in normal XM6 but that emu doesn't allow for custom full screen resolutions so I just get blurred shit on this monitor.

Thanks for the states anyway though! I can at least see that selecting the GS options are the way to go. I'll just go through the Japanese dudes procedure to make my own states in 2.05.

This game kicks too much ass.

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:12 pm

Hah, I'm using normal XM6 2.06. I have no idea what all the different emus, XM6, HighSpeed, TypeG actually do :P. As this and AMSII are the only games I don't play on the real machine. I still use a CRT monitor here so no issue on full screen either. :)

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:41 am

And finally here's a pack of stuff that seems to be undumped afaik...

The "Useful" sprite export program is on the Rush disk. (Dual Format, Use Dr. 0 for Rush, 1 for Useful)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pvzs90

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:24 am

Thanks for all those!!

Any idea how to use Useful? I loaded a game up, put the rush disk in drive 1 then restarted and useful shows up but I have no idea how to load the graphics data.

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:07 pm

On the real machine, you just load a game, then eject the disks, put Useful in drive 1, and reset. It gives you some Japanese text, hit space bar a couple times, and then it loads right up. All sprites that were in RAM are displayed instantly. Though this might not work on an emulator depending on what it does with RAM and SRAM... I don't mess with that stuff...

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:49 pm

Yeah, will have to investigate with the emulators.

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:31 pm

Just tried it with XM6, worked fine (Note XM6 will bitch about file size, but ignore it). Can't make it work in High Speed though, as it seems to lack the "eject disk" option... No idea on TypeG, as all that does is crash on me....

Return to “Japanese Video Games”