[AC/NG] The Warlocks of the Fates

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

[AC/NG] The Warlocks of the Fates

Postby Shou » Fri May 25, 2012 8:40 am

Most Neo Geo enthusiasts have probably have heard of this one. It's a 2D fighter that was seen at shows and mags but never came out. The Japanese title is Shinryuu Senki.

Curiously enough, I was at Mandarake in Nakano and saw that they had an AES sample cart of the game including original pieces of artwork for the game. Obviously, it isn't for sale and I didn't have much time to sneak a photo but it looks very very legit. The cart label has the game name and publisher Aztec 21 with the sample mark. Potentially, one of the original devs had this and sold this to the store.

Here's the pic I took

Billy Pitt's proto page seems to indicate the French guys behind the Bang Bang Busters release have a copy that they'll use for distribution to the masses.
become history

sven666
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Re: [AC/NG] The Warlocks of the Fates

Postby sven666 » Fri May 25, 2012 12:52 pm

i think theres something fishy about, why else isnt it in mandarake akihabara with the biggest price tag you could fit next to it..?
Recap wrote: I do qualilty posting.

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Fri May 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Yeah there's a huge thread on NeoGeo forums already about it. That copy is from one of the NCI guys it's just there to generate hype when they sell carts on yahoo like they always do. NCI acts like they are spreading stuff around, but are just a bunch of crooks. Ever wonder why Japanese shops have those "limited edition" brikinger boots from NeoAyato for insane prices? Cause they came up with some kind of forged document claiming they were actually officially authorized and mandarake believed them... :yuck:
Stronger then your average deadite

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Shou » Fri May 25, 2012 2:15 pm

sven666 wrote:i think theres something fishy about, why else isnt it in mandarake akihabara with the biggest price tag you could fit next to it..?

The Nakano store tends to have the rarities that aren't for sale like the gold Vampire Killer.
become history

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Shou » Fri May 25, 2012 3:27 pm

SuperDeadite wrote:Yeah there's a huge thread on NeoGeo forums already about it. That copy is from one of the NCI guys it's just there to generate hype when they sell carts on yahoo like they always do. NCI acts like they are spreading stuff around, but are just a bunch of crooks. Ever wonder why Japanese shops have those "limited edition" brikinger boots from NeoAyato for insane prices? Cause they came up with some kind of forged document claiming they were actually officially authorized and mandarake believed them... :yuck:

I think they finally realized that their boots because they kept lowering the prices and eventually had a sign that some French group made them on their own.

Trader also had Bang Bang Busters and a bunch of NGF carts....
become history

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Fri May 25, 2012 6:06 pm

At least Bang Bang Busters received Visco's approval. I'll wait to see if NCI gets permission from Astec21 before passing judgment. It may be hard to pass up an MVS or NGCD version of this game were such versions ever to be released.

CTN
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby CTN » Fri May 25, 2012 6:07 pm

So the upcoming CD version of bang2 busters ist legit?

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Sat May 26, 2012 8:43 pm

NCI mentioned before that the NGCD release was granted by contract. You can contact Visco yourself (in Japanese) for confirmation. Folks who've done that in the past have confirmed that NCI received authorization.

Unfortunately, Treasure of the Caribbean had no such support. It's basically a hacked early prototype of Face's game. NCI claimed it was unable to locate the game's license holders.

We'll see what happens this time around... it's not looking good starting off selling a repro of Warlocks of the Fates for a ridiculous price.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”