SMS Zillion Games

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

SMS Zillion Games

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:58 pm

I really liked these as a kid, and I'm thinking of actually turning on my emulation PC and playing them again. Am I totally off the market in thinking they were solid 8-bit games? I actually don't mind the anime even though mainly b/c it epitomizes 80's, and I will take almost any of it over the tripe out today.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Re: SMS Zillion Games

Postby Macaw » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:29 pm

The first one I think is a pretty cool Metroid clone.

Second one I thought was pretty cool until I realised you fight the same basic enemies for the entire game and all the bosses are just slight edits of the normal enemies.
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches
They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:04 pm

Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:41 pm

I agree that the original Zillion is one of the SMS's high points. I don't know anyone who prefers ZIllion II. If anybody actually likes those autoscrolling bike stages, he could have a lot of fun with today's endless running mobile games (which I'm honestly sick of, along with tower defense games).

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:54 am

The fact that this thread (or the MK9 thread O_o ) got you posting again is proof enough for me. ;)

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:59 am

I have a weakness for game discussion that references anything from the late 80s to the late 90s, but yeah, I've been occupied lately and haven't even played my beloved ST in a month. I don't currently have the energy to come up with interesting topics but I'll post here when I have a chance.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:03 pm

Me neither. I've had a hankering to play some old games, but not the time nor energy. My late retro and vintage kick continues though, but at the moment it's focused on clothes. ;)

Return to “Japanese Video Games”