Supergun monitor display help

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Supergun monitor display help

Postby Macaw » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:17 am

So basically I really want to play Zero Team using S-Video on a decent monitor. In the past I have just been playing it with composite on a small ass CRT I have, but fuck that now, I need decent quality. heres the deal:

TV 1: Game displays fine but the TV only supports composite cables and is a tiny piece of shit

TV 2: Huge CRT with S-Video input. Game displays in colour but the display jumps around erratically. I messed with the display option settings a bit but couldn't find any fix. Problem occurs when I use both composite and S video.

TV 3: LCD screen, multiple S-Video inputs, game display is fine apart from the fact its in black and white. Tried all the different inputs and still B&W. On TV 1 the game also displays in B&W unless I use the composite inputs that support NTSC 358, so on TV 3 I messed around with the settings to switch it between NTSC 358 and NTSC 443 and all that, as well as a bunch of other options, but I still only get B&W display. Problem occurs when I use both composite and S video.

So is there any way to get the shit running properly on TV 2 or 3 or am I screwed?
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches
They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Re: Supergun monitor display help

Postby Shou » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:12 am

Macaw wrote:So basically I really want to play Zero Team using S-Video on a decent monitor. In the past I have just been playing it with composite on a small ass CRT I have, but fuck that now, I need decent quality. heres the deal:

TV 1: Game displays fine but the TV only supports composite cables and is a tiny piece of shit

TV 2: Huge CRT with S-Video input. Game displays in colour but the display jumps around erratically. I messed with the display option settings a bit but couldn't find any fix. Problem occurs when I use both composite and S video.

TV 3: LCD screen, multiple S-Video inputs, game display is fine apart from the fact its in black and white. Tried all the different inputs and still B&W. On TV 1 the game also displays in B&W unless I use the composite inputs that support NTSC 358, so on TV 3 I messed around with the settings to switch it between NTSC 358 and NTSC 443 and all that, as well as a bunch of other options, but I still only get B&W display. Problem occurs when I use both composite and S video.

So is there any way to get the shit running properly on TV 2 or 3 or am I screwed?

Those Seibu PCBs run at a weird refresh rate so not surprising it doesn't sync for you as those boards had problems with some XRGB models too.

Is TV3 a NTSC/PAL TV?
become history

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:11 am

Well under the color/video system specs in the manual it says Pal, Secam, NTSC3.58, NTSC4.43 (Only video in)

They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

CIT Seven Force
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby CIT Seven Force » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:03 pm

Had the same issue with my Raiden DX PCB. Did you have the Amiga in Australia? If you can find an Amiga monitor with Scart RGB such as the Philips CM8802, those are great for running Seibu PCBs.

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:32 pm

I encountered the same S-Video B&W problem with Dooyong shooters. When I got my RGB cable, that issue went away.

The strangest issue I've experienced is in my 2 Bee Storm PGM carts. One appeared to have major graphical glitches on-screen through XRGB2 (think the original Soukyugurentai on a US console after skipping the intro) so I got another one that works perfect. But then I took my PGM motherboard and the cart with issues to a friend's house and it worked flawlessly on his cab. I was surprised that even the cart itself can mess with the sync.

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:22 pm

So I went out Friday night but before getting to the bus stop I saw a huge Palsonic CRT on the street someone was throwing out. Hauled it back to my place and runs Zero Team fine hahaha.

Screen is cut off a bit on the top though. If theres no option for screen adjustment in the Menu does that mean your fucked? Any tricky ass ways to mess with screen position?

CTN
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby CTN » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:46 pm

If it's a digital board inside the TV and you've got the remote, then you can access the service menu via code. The code should be found on the net when you search for the model. If it's a analog set, then there is the chance that a TV repairs man can set it up for you. - I advice you against doing it yourself because of the high voltages involved.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:07 am

Google around the model number + "service menu" as CTN stated. Sony used the same code across their Wega line for years, which was nice. Protip: write down the settings you have it set to now! I lost some and it was hard to get back. ;)
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Return to “Japanese Video Games”