[PSV] Monitor Output

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

[PSV] Monitor Output

Postby Shou » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:08 am

The same guys who did the 3DS mod have put up preorders for the same mod for Vita.

become history

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Re: [PSV] Monitor Output

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:53 pm

What's the Vita mod run... and did you send yours in yet?
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Shou » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:11 am

Gaijin Punch wrote:What's the Vita mod run... and did you send yours in yet?

About 22,000 for just the mod, haven't yet but I will soon-ish...
become history

layzee
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby layzee » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:27 pm

New PSP Vita model announced recently, and more importantly and relevantly to this thread, the "PSP Vita TV" device that allows one to play Vita games on a TV via a HDMI cable and using a PS3 controller. It will retail for about 10,000 yen (not including PS3 controller). Considering that this device essentially IS a Vita console (without a screen but with the benefit of TV-out), surely this is too cheap!?

What's your opinion Shou? Does this basically make the unofficial PSV TV mod redundant?

Apparently, for currently unknown reasons (mostl likely due to the lack of touchscreen), it won't be the case that 100% of Vita games will be supported by the PSVTV, so maybe the PSVTV mod isn't totally redundant. Depends on whether the incompatible games are shit or not.

Game compatibility list here: http://www.jp.playstation.com/psvitatv/game/psvitalist/

Number of games on game compatibility list at time of writing: 142
Number of Vita games on GameFAQs (filtered by Japanese retail releases) at time of writing: 245

*Note 1: GameFAQs Vita game list and Sony compatibility list contains announced but not yet released games (e.g. FFX/X-2 remaster).
*Note 2: GameFAQs Vita game list includes canceled games (but less than 5 of them).

So there's about 100 games to be accounted for. It is likely that some of them are incompatible and also that Sony's list is incomplete or still needs to be updated (GameFAQs game list should be reasonably updated since it is a popular website).

With all this in mind, I might retract my earlier question/statement: maybe it's not cheap enough haha.
プロジェクトさいさいへい -まるごと埼玉最終兵器- All About S.S.H.
~Project SaiSaiHei - The Saitama Saisyu Heiki Fan Site~

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:27 pm

Interesting... this would almost make me buy one. I'd have to look at the list of games but last I checked, I wasn't too impressed.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Shou » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:03 pm

Almost all of the good games aren't compatible with the Vita TV and it doesn't do 1080p natively so if it doesn't upscale well, input lag will be an issue. The mod negates both of those issues for me so not getting the Vita TV.
become history

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:07 am

Shou wrote:Almost all of the good games aren't compatible with the Vita TV and it doesn't do 1080p natively so if it doesn't upscale well, input lag will be an issue. The mod negates both of those issues for me so not getting the Vita TV.

Well, that was a short-lived interest. :D

Return to “Japanese Video Games”