AM Show '97

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

AM Show '97

Postby Shou » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:42 am

Found this link while I was searching for some info, thought it might be of interest to people to see how the 1997 AM Show looked like.
become history

Pretas
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Re: AM Show '97

Postby Pretas » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:57 am

Surprised to see Midway showing Mortal Kombat 4 there. Can't find anything indicating it actually got a Japanese release. The final MK game in Japan was Trilogy on the PS1 in 1998, just a short time later. Also surprised by the big showing for Jurassic Park.
Hohe Türme ragen senkrecht und dicht gedrängt gen Himmel
Stahl, Qualm und rauchende Schornsteine
Eine Zukunftgesellschaft im Zerfall
Angeborene Lichtphobie
Vögel in der Finsternis

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:24 pm

Hahahaha reminds me of when I was a kid reading magazines back then and thinking how shit so much of the polygon stuff looked compared to stuff like Demons Crest and Shadow over Mystara, yet all the reviews were hammering any game with pixel graphics for being out of date. Get all those journalists together today and I bet they will have a different opinion on what looks better now :roll:
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches
They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Postby Shou » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:55 am

Pretas wrote:Surprised to see Midway showing Mortal Kombat 4 there. Can't find anything indicating it actually got a Japanese release. The final MK game in Japan was Trilogy on the PS1 in 1998, just a short time later. Also surprised by the big showing for Jurassic Park.

MK4 was put on location test in Japan and failed. A friend of mine and GP has the Japanese flyer.

At the time, SNK already had a deal with Atari which was later absorbed by Midway to distribute their games in Japan like Blitz, SF Rush, Gauntlet Legends, etc, so it's not so far fetched.

The Lost World was a huge money maker for Sega at the time. The one in the picture is for the deluxe special cab that was at Joypolis. To think there once was a Joypolis in Shinjuku....
become history

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Shou wrote:Found this link

Awww, in beautiful, awful 90's style HTML only.

Still a nice stroll down memory lane.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Return to “Japanese Video Games”