Inazuma/Lightning Savour?

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Pyongyang
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Inazuma/Lightning Savour?

Postby Pyongyang » Fri May 24, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi all, I'm new here but recognise a few names from YouTube and other forums so hello! :)

I'm trying to find more information on a TecnoSoft game called Inazuma / Lightning Savour. It was apparently an unreleased sequel to Blast Wind. A PCB was put out there apparently but I don't know if it was a test version or what exactly.

All I can find so far is this link here. Can anyone help with any more information on this?

Apparently there was also a Thunder Force AC2 that was unreleased? Finally has anyone seen the Blast Wind PCB before? Was it definitely Saturn only or did it ever make an appearance in the arcades? Blast Wind is an odd one, nobody seems to be able to confirm if it was ever released to the arcades or not.

http://unmamed.mameworld.info/non_other90.html

Thanks everyone! ;)

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Re: Inazuma/Lightning Savour?

Postby Shou » Sun May 26, 2013 11:53 pm

Pyongyang wrote:Hi all, I'm new here but recognise a few names from YouTube and other forums so hello! :)

I'm trying to find more information on a TecnoSoft game called Inazuma / Lightning Savour. It was apparently an unreleased sequel to Blast Wind. A PCB was put out there apparently but I don't know if it was a test version or what exactly.

All I can find so far is this link here. Can anyone help with any more information on this?

Apparently there was also a Thunder Force AC2 that was unreleased? Finally has anyone seen the Blast Wind PCB before? Was it definitely Saturn only or did it ever make an appearance in the arcades? Blast Wind is an odd one, nobody seems to be able to confirm if it was ever released to the arcades or not.

http://unmamed.mameworld.info/non_other90.html

Thanks everyone! ;)

Inazuma Savior is the arcade version of Blast Wind. Like TFAC2, it was never released. Another Technosoft title which many people think was released but wasn't, is Find the Magical Error 2.
become history

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby zinger » Mon May 27, 2013 10:21 am

What type of game is the original Find the Magical Error? I noticed you have the board, Shou, do you have any pictures of the board or the game running?

Pyongyang
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Pyongyang » Mon May 27, 2013 11:44 am

Not sure if this helps much at all zinger, but I found some images of the Magical Error PCB. :)

http://arcade.ym2149.com/pcb/technosoft.html

Thanks for the info Shou re: Inazuma Savour and Thunderforce AC2. I was kind of banking on you seeing this thread. :D

I live in hope that the PCB of Inazuma Savour will surface one day. I could have sworn I read something somewhere that Blast Wind was loc tested in Japan. For the life of me I can't remember where I read that. Gamest maybe?

For now I will play my Saturn copy. I think it's an excellent game. :)

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby zinger » Mon May 27, 2013 12:26 pm

Found it. The original title is in Japanese: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HzzzCy2dL4

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Shou » Tue May 28, 2013 3:22 am

zinger wrote:What type of game is the original Find the Magical Error? I noticed you have the board, Shou, do you have any pictures of the board or the game running?

It's a simple find the difference in these 2 images type of game, nothing spectacular!
become history

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Shou » Tue May 28, 2013 3:23 am

Pyongyang wrote:I live in hope that the PCB of Inazuma Savour will surface one day. I could have sworn I read something somewhere that Blast Wind was loc tested in Japan. For the life of me I can't remember where I read that. Gamest maybe?

For now I will play my Saturn copy. I think it's an excellent game. :)

They were both tested in Sasebo (where Technosoft was or is) and I believe the owner of the company still has them. Another unreleased board he has is Nekketsu Oyako.
become history

Pyongyang
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Pyongyang » Tue May 28, 2013 5:42 am

Wow! So the only boards in existence are likely with the former owner of the company? Imagine he ever sold those on, the value on them would be sky high! O_O

Thunder Force AC 2 I'm not so fussed about, but a Blast Wind PCB would be amazing. Love that game, very underrated I think.

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Shou » Tue May 28, 2013 7:41 am

Pyongyang wrote:Wow! So the only boards in existence are likely with the former owner of the company? Imagine he ever sold those on, the value on them would be sky high! O_O

Thunder Force AC 2 I'm not so fussed about, but a Blast Wind PCB would be amazing. Love that game, very underrated I think.

Well, Technosoft still exists in a sense as he still owns the rights so maybe one day, he'll release these games in some digital form. I'ma fan of Blastwind as well and would love to see it in true tate form.
become history

Return to “Japanese Video Games”