Buying a US Wii U for Xmas

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Buying a US Wii U for Xmas

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:22 am

Hey Gang

I think my son is getting a Wii U for Xmas this year. As he's in the states, it'll be the NA version. Anything I need to know? Prices on Amazon between the 8GB & 32GB models are only $50. $330 seems to be a lot for a unit that's selling horribly though. Guess that's revenge for thinking $300 was nothing back in the early 90's and begging for those consoles. :)
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Re: Buying a US Wii U for Xmas

Postby Shou » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:29 pm

Gaijin Punch wrote:Hey Gang

I think my son is getting a Wii U for Xmas this year. As he's in the states, it'll be the NA version. Anything I need to know? Prices on Amazon between the 8GB & 32GB models are only $50. $330 seems to be a lot for a unit that's selling horribly though. Guess that's revenge for thinking $300 was nothing back in the early 90's and begging for those consoles. :)

There will undoubtedly be a price drop in Q1/2 since Nintendo won't hit their lofty targets for Wii U and they'll be facing a shit show with investors.
become history

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:15 am

Oh, I'm sure. I just can't put an IOU under the tree.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:58 am

There is a new $300 Mario/Luigi 32GB bundle:

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/consoles/ ... ole/112257

Looks like that site is currently sold out, but hunt around online and I am sure you will be able to find one.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:27 am

Thanks for the heads up!
I will do that. I gotta confirm that's the game he's going for.

Cool to see you pop your head in. It's been too long Hope real life hasn't chewed you up and spit you out.

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:27 am

Gaijin Punch wrote:Cool to see you pop your head in. It's been too long Hope real life hasn't chewed you up and spit you out.

I still visit forums every now and then, but rarely post anywhere. I really enjoyed your Burning Man pics by the way.

Real life is great, never been better. :)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:37 am

Thanks -- I had a blast taking them. Hopefully will do more next year. I learned a few things about myself, others, and definitely film cameras. I shot an imaginary roll of 36 exposures. :( Was a little more than pissed when I opened the camera.

Turns out he really only wants New Super Mario Bros which I think is just a Wii title, right? I will still probably splurge for the U. He goes on and off, not touching the current Wii for months, but I'm sure he'll see some commercial there and get all excited for it.

I still need to get one and play Pikmin 3. I might do that this Xmas season. Trying to tap into my more productive hobbies though. Photography is the easiest as I can do it while I'm running my errands. Music demands the most patience as it's learning software... of which I have little these days. :)

Return to “Japanese Video Games”