Japanese Virtua Cop 2 Question

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

evilmess
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Japanese Virtua Cop 2 Question

Postby evilmess » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:10 pm

I'm considering picking up the Japanese Virtua Cop 2 as an alternative to the US release, especially if I can get a package deal with the black gun. Anyway, are the menus and options in English on the Japanese version?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:40 pm

I'm going out on a limb, but the very little I remember, they're Japanese. On the good side, there really isn't a lot of them. :) I could be totally wrong though.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:59 am

Even if they are Japanese it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. It's not like much got changed from the Japanese and US versions.

evilmess
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby evilmess » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:00 am

I think I got a pretty good deal on evilBay today. US seller 1: NIB US Stunner, $14.00 shipped US seller 2: Japanese Virtua Cop and Virtua Cop 2, $10.51 shipped. VC1 I got for a penny + $2.00 added to the shipping, thats the only reason I bid, cuz it was dirt cheap! :D I still want a japanese black stunner but now at least I will have two stunner guns so I can play 2 player properly or go John Woo style with both guns! ;)

dj898
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby dj898 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:29 am

there are two version I blieve. one is black with yellow triger while the other is complete black one - it comes in box set with VC title from memory... wait I have one - just need to remember which box I put that thing in... cheers

evilmess
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby evilmess » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:55 am

Everything came in this week and my son and I just had a blast with VC2. I haven't played VC1 yet but all the menus on VC2 are in English. Theres a little Japanese text between levels and during the attract mode but overall this version is very import friendly for the non Japanese reader/speaker. ;) And my AR 4-in1 has cheats for all regions of VC1 but not VC2 :) Update: VC1 is just as friendly. Weird thing is that it used my save game file from the US version of VC1. Next... House of the Dead or Area 51. :D

Return to “Japanese Video Games”