On gamengai, Gaijin Punch and videogame theory

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

icycalm
#1 video game and art theorist in his world

Postby icycalm » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:42 am

skykid wrote:your points - some of which are worthwhile

skykid wrote:Nothing you write actually has value

"The grudging praise of the envious is proof positive of exceptional merit."
-La Rochefoucauld

http://books.google.es/books?id=Q0fa1lo ... ld&f=false

skykid
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Re:

Postby skykid » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:57 am

icycalm wrote:
skykid wrote:your points - some of which are worthwhile

skykid wrote:Nothing you write actually has value

"The grudging praise of the envious is proof positive of exceptional merit."
-La Rochefoucauld

No no, you misunderstand. My initial post was granting you an opportunity to discuss game theory on your own terms. To do that I need to be reasonable and objective, and offer commendation as necessary, or else criticism holds less gravity. This is how discussion works - although you probably don't understand that, since you spend most of the time talking to yourself.

But as you didn't read the post and instead replied with a curt insult, your right to discussion has been void ever since.

Now I'm just here to verbally abuse you, because that's all you deserve, and you've never produced anything anywhere near close to exceptional merit. Frankly, your lack of ability in English comprehension makes it a wrist-slitting exercise trying to get from one paragraph break to the next.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Re:

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:19 pm

You are the one who attacked the idea of thinking about games.

When's your Bday? I'm buying you a dictionary.

And I came here to put you in your place.

Yes, I know. Enjoy.

You can be an unthinking automaton, if you wish. In fact it is my understanding that that's precisely what most Texans, and indeed what most Americans are.

Didn't you whack off to Richard Garriott in a post at shmups once? He's for the most part Texan. I partied with him. In his castle/house. Private parties. Naked people cannon balling in his indoor pool. You know what we didn't talk about? Games. And definitely not thinking about games.

But that still does not excuse you posting in a thread about me and my game with such a dismissive tone about the act of thinking.

That dictionary will cum in handy. Just b/c it's not for me doesn't mean I don't think it's not for everyone. I'm quite tolerant. I don't mind if you smoke a huge pole and lick a beautiful pair of balls until you're blue in the face. Plenty of people do it. It's not a crime in any part of the world I've lived in. It's just not for me. Had that been a thread about that, I'd probably have just said, "Am I the only one here that doesn't need a huge cock in their life?" Or something to that effect.

Anywho, instead of coming here and trying you're usual schtick that we all know and love, why not tell us what you can about your game. Platform? Publisher? Release date? Scoring mechanisms? Can anyone buy it? I know most of it you have to keep secret, and I doubt the NDA's are ready yet. But, you have an audience. Dazzle us.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

icycalm

Postby icycalm » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:40 pm

Richard Gariott, licking balls, failure to understand the most basic concept connections, asinine requests to prematurely reveal my game design.

You keep whining you have so little time in your life (something which you've been doing for as long as I've been a member here, btw -- it's in every other thread), and yet you spend half the day shitposting on Shmups in threads whose subjects you don't even give a shit about.

I am on the internet to create books and theories that will be read for centuries, and you are online because you are addicted to trolling.

The funniest thing of all is that all the aspies there think you are some cool guy because of all the "drugs and sex" posts you troll them with. No wonder you become annoyed when I show you how much superior the people who think I am cool are.

Meanwhile, whoever spends his whole life at an office job and constantly whines that he doesn't have free time, is called an "office slave" in my neck of the woods. And no amount of trolling nerds on online message boards about "sex and drugs" will ever make that person cool.

Here, I'll leave you with something useful, that might actually help improve your life, as compensation for all the shitposts you've made in my threads and in threads about me:

http://www.segabastard.com/rub/nerds.html

Once per cycle, internet nerds feel they have enough audience to declare themselves "done" with gaming, or "done" with a company, or some other bold, yet inconsequential, proclamation. Google "gaming has passed me by." It's that time now, but to take my own advice, I'm going to ignore it and learn from the past. Nerds are not done playing video games. I know this because it has never been true. They will keep playing, and keep whining. They'll keep making solemn vows and they'll keep breaking them. And, as with the irreparably negative reaction to the PS3, the nerd whining here will soon be forgotten.
Last edited by icycalm on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

icycalm

Postby icycalm » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:00 pm

GaijinPunch wrote:But, you have an audience. Dazzle us.

And btw I've had an audience for a decade now. It's you who have an audience now, because I threw some posts in here.

icycalm

Postby icycalm » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:22 pm

Take this thread, for instance:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49133

Basically, you are the aspie equivalent to the weeaboo Tim Rogers. Another American "celebrity" gamer (this one from Indiana) who has zero understanding of games and pathetic life experiences, but who is revered among a small subset of the community because those doing the revering are even greater idiots and losers than you are.

And yet if we add up all your respective scribblings on either games or life, what do we get?

What do we get when we add up your 13,247 posts on Shmups.com? Or all the little diary snippets on your frontpage? Or all the posts in this forum in which you whine about not having enough time to play games? (and yet having enough time to keep going back and forth to the post office to mail out countless arcade fliers at 2 dollars a pop). Or about you not buying the next new console, and yet going ahead and buying it anyway? Again and again and again, generation after generation after generation?

We get the same exact thing we get when we add the countless pages of boring nonsense your compatriot Tim Rogers has spent the last decade scribbling.

Absolutely nothing.

Or banal truisms such as,

"I am a tolerant person."

"Different strokes for different folks."

American philosophy. A slow dullard's understanding of the universe.

And then people ask why Americans are stupid. Why they have yet to produce a single philosopher.

You are actually CONTEMPTUOUS of thought.

And moreover PROUD of this fact.

You are not ashamed to butt it on a thread in which people at least TRY to talk about philosophy and proudly proclaim that "I don't need it". And this for you was a significant enough contribution to the thread that you took time out of your unbelievably busy life of going to pool parties with Richard Gariott in order to make it.

So go ahead and write that book, please. Tim has been saying he's going to write one for a decade -- maybe he can show you how to (not) do it. And then your books will be added to the great growing pile of "American literature" along with those of all the other great glowing examples such as Jack Kerouac, Hunter S. Thompson, James Fenimor Cooper, and whatever other substandard quasi-trash books call themselves "American literature" today. Who needs those pesky Europeans and their philosophies or their 4,391-word sentences.

We are Americans! Our motto is "tl;dr"!

God bless America!

Shou
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Re: On gamengai, Gaijin Punch and videogame theory

Postby Shou » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:17 am

On the future (or is it the recurring fallacy) of humanity and bigots on the internet today

Time and time again, you repeat the same actions and hope for a different result. That's what many deem as crazy.

Throwing out nationality slurs does you no favors in your superiority debate. In fact, you are reminiscent of the rednecks in America who think they are the best at whatever.

In all of your self praise, you forget that you are human as well. Cyborgs like myself are the superior beings on this planet. Once Google releases Skynet, your derivative writing will be archived and forgotten to humanity as we harvest your bodies as a renewable energy resource.
become history

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:50 am

I have an audience b/c I'm vaguely interesting and am only prick when it comes to light-hearted sarcasm. People in games forums that focus on Japan probably like me as I have a vague understanding of not only Japanese culture, but Japanese Gaming culture to boot. I even help people understand... Like when someone is mistakenly using continues on Caves latest at Hey when there's a queue. In this case that was you. Not sure how you'd theorize that one.

Anyway, I see you still use the same catch all argument from years ago, in that your target doesn't understand... Yet you compare me to Tim Rogers.

I also own my own business, and work at home in my underwear. Nice grasp there. As for forum posts, I usually make them when compiling software, which gives me a small break. Note: I'm not compiling code for a game that will never come out.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:53 am

When I had the top post count at shmups I said many times if it was based on content I'd be last. So yeah, not really original.... Shockingly.

skykid
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby skykid » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:23 am

icycalm wrote:I am on the internet to create books and theories that will be read for centuries

Waiting for your thesis on extreme narcissistic personality disorders.

I'm half writing these posts out of benevolence. Although you didn't get that degree you lied about, I respect ambition, and there's nothing wrong with someone wanting to exercise the grey matter.

Someone unable to improve their work by adopting criticism or having the slightest whisper of humility is like a circus act, on the other hand.

icycalm wrote:You are actually CONTEMPTUOUS of thought.

And you are simply contemptuous.

Gaijinpunch is intelligent enough to understand the virtues of sociability. People find you abhorrent because you're too dim-witted to get your head out of your ass and stop talking shit for five minutes.

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Re: Re:

Postby Macaw » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:27 am

icycalm wrote:Grappling and realistic melee action is not as fun as the wild anime-style fights that DMC and co. are trying to simulate. Real grappling is two dudes on the ground barely moving. For everyone other except the actual combatants, it's almost a yawnfest. And that is how it is with videogame players -- at least until full VR hits. So you'll have to put up with the fantasy-themed games getting bigger budgets, more sales and more shelf-space, I am afraid.

I don't want anything realistic at all, just the same over the top street fighting as in any Final Fight clone. Like I said, I want more games like Spikeout. Its just harder to sell a straight street brawler to people now compared to the visual spectacles of God of War and its imitators.

Gaijin Punch wrote:Didn't you whack off to Richard Garriott in a post at shmups once? He's for the most part Texan. I partied with him. In his castle/house. Private parties. Naked people cannon balling in his indoor pool. You know what we didn't talk about? Games. And definitely not thinking about games.

Hahahaha partying at Richard Garriot's castle would be the funniest/craziest shit. Whenever I get around to visiting America I need to go to Austin just to at least walk past his home lol. Apparently he's built a new crazy house in New York too.
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches
They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:34 am

Honestly I didn't know who he was as I never played console games. He started dating a friend of a friend, and someone told me. We talked shop a bit, but very little. We talked about other technologies that those affected by adult ADHD would has be found interesting at the time. For example: the upcoming release of the first DVD player.

The guy can throw a bash, that's for sure.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:38 am

I've become curious as to why Icy so tenaciously reads a forum he's banned in, and gets so many details from a poster that is devoid of thought. Sounds like time well spent.

icycalm

Postby icycalm » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:54 am

Gaijin Punch wrote:Like when someone is mistakenly using continues on Caves latest at Hey when there's a queue. In this case that was you. Not sure how you'd theorize that one.

I see you are resorting to lies now. Or you just can't tell the difference between a continue and a restart. I wouldn't put it past you, given how dumb you demonstrate yourself to be time and again.

The other thing about you is how contemptuous you are also of videogames, in all your posts. Symptomatic of nerds who hate themselves and all the time they have spent on them. All the sex, drugs, etc. talk is part of that neurosis too (Tim is also contemptuous of videogames, in exactly the same manner). Hobnobbing and sucking up to rich people is more important than thinking about games. "We were too busy at some boring pool party for imbeciles to talk about games."

Every little thing you say bears testament to your low culture, for those who know how to read it. This entire thing began because you were too bored with your life to contain yourself from trolling in a thread about me. And of course you also read the entire thread, while in the next tab you were complaining in here or on some other forum of how busy your life is.

skyretard wrote:I'm half writing these posts out of benevolence. Although you didn't get that degree you lied about, I respect ambition, and there's nothing wrong with someone wanting to exercise the grey matter.

I didn't lie about anything. Learn to read. I quit my PHD. I was a POSTGRADUATE STUDENT. I ALREADY HAD A BACHELOR'S AND A MASTER'S.

YOU ARE AN IMBECILE WHO CAN'T EVEN FUCKING READ.
Last edited by icycalm on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

icycalm

Postby icycalm » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:02 am

haha

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 31#p988531

Gaijin Punch wrote:Shou has helped the games community immensely, quite often out of his own pocket. People will be enjoying these contributions as long as there are fans who understand games, and what was required to get the industry to wherever it goes. Ironically this is what Icycalm claims to be doing, in his own special way. Or maybe I just don't understand him, as he's been saying to me (and you) for years. Maybe my University (which often ranks in the world wide top 50) just wasn't good enough.

Note: See gamengai thread for his retort as he reads this one regularly and replies there. It's very efficient.

Shou is a weeaboo who has dumped a couple shitty games that only Macaw will ever play (because he plays everything, no matter how shitty), and I am writing the theory that every single game designer in the future will be reading. What difference does it make where you got your stupid coding monkey degree from if you can't tell how tiny, indeed negligible, Shou's contribution is compared to mine? I already told him that no one will ever know of him. Even in that tiny Shmups forum full of weeaboos no one has heard of him. Contribution my ass. You can't even tell the difference between pedantry and world-historic wisdom, you fuckin' Texan dullard.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:25 am

You explained to me in clear English when "it's my turn, the cab is mine until I'm done. Multi-credit or not." I explained that it didn't work that way, but I guess you just don't understand games.

Deny it all you want, it only further illustrates that you've sucked that glass dick one too many times.

icycalm

Postby icycalm » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:29 am

I understood what you explained, and even put it in the Arcade Culture.

All I am saying is I didn't continue, I restarted.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Re:

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:30 am

icycalm wrote:I understood what you explained, and even put it in the Arcade Culture.

All I am saying is I didn't continue, I restarted.

You still looked like a tit... Much like how the way you describe most Americans.

mdl
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby mdl » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:31 am

Hey icy, remember that time when I had your server's password and an SQL dump and could have ruined you? Good stuff. For a guy who claims such deep understanding of All Culture, sorta funny that you never managed to get out of a gaijin house when you were here--I know, because I have all the messages you sent during that time.

How is it being on the lam, anyway?

icycalm

Postby icycalm » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:33 am

Gaijin Punch wrote:You still looked like a tit... Much like how the way you describe most Americans.

And you looked like a fag. And the cab is still mine whenever I walk into an arcade. I may have explained how it works for others, but rules don't apply to me. Only to office slave fags like you, who whine all day about not having any free time.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:38 am

You blushed like a little girl. It was cute.

Most fags I know are horribly fit and generally fun to be around. Cheers!

mdl
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby mdl » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:40 am

Yo GP, when are we getting lunch? I know an amazing curry place in Shin-okubo.

skykid
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Re:

Postby skykid » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:52 am

Any idiot can get a Bachelors and a Masters Antony, believe me, you're living proof.

Anyway, there's the caps lock rise I was looking for. Guess that means I win.

You're one of the stupidest people I've encountered on the Internet, but expert at digging holes. I think you'll find I can read, also, which may throw a spanner in your rage.

Sadly, you can't write. As I enjoy snipping any random excerpt of your work - that which will be laughed at for centuries to come while you're revered as the world's no.1 dunce and mentally ill egoist - let's have a good laugh at this.

"Only the great writers succeed in painting these mechanisms faithfully, without falsifying them: we have here a system of relationships that paradoxically, or rather not paradoxically at all, has less variability the greater a writer is."

Your 'work' of course - few people can write something so pedantic and illegible, while failing to actually make a point.

Are you aware of how poorly you write? Do you know throwing words together in a fashion that sounds profound doesn't mean anything if you're incapable of communicating a message. Brevity is an art you have no concept of.

The floor is yours. Let's see if you can identify the error/s in the quoted passage - or does changing your name to sound more scholarly not necessarily come with the relevant mental faculties?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:53 am

I'm in a bed in the sky at the moment... Or am about to be anyway. ;). This thread has kept me entertained on what would otherwise be a boring few hours in transit. Next time. There are four excellent ones a stone's throw from my house as well.

icycalm

Postby icycalm » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:55 am

skyretard wrote:Your 'work' of course - few people can write something so pedantic and illegible, while failing to actually make a point.

It's a quote from a French philosopher, imbecile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9_Girard

Can you write ONE SENTENCE that's not utterly imbecilic?

Return to “Japanese Video Games”