Moving

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Moving

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:13 pm

Just a heads up. I'm going to be moving the site over to a different provider. No sense in paying for a virtual dedicated server any more. I've made progress getting the main site over there. I'm sure the forum will be a total bitch, but them's the breaks. Not sure when it will happen, exactly. Depends on how much time I get, but I would say any time within the next 2 weeks is game.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

layzee
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Re: Moving

Postby layzee » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:32 pm

Are my eyes deceiving me or are the you-know-what emails happening again!? Just when I was getting used to not buying stuff from you-know-where. Well, best Christmas present ever.
プロジェクトさいさいへい -まるごと埼玉最終兵器- All About S.S.H.
~Project SaiSaiHei - The Saitama Saisyu Heiki Fan Site~

ryu
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby ryu » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:41 pm

layzee wrote:Are my eyes deceiving me or are the you-know-what emails happening again!? Just when I was getting used to not buying stuff from you-know-where. Well, best Christmas present ever.

... what?

I originally came to post a shitty remark about how we should possibly live w/o the gamengai forums, but now I'm unexpectdly confused.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:54 am

LOL... I guess they might be.
I actually just plugged in my Linux box two days ago. SO.... while they might be running, there is something that's going to be something that replaces them that I hope is better. It's technology that's new to me on all sides. So, while I'm learning a lot, it's a slow process. I got close, and decided the smartest move is to just move the site to a new server. That saves me a lot of dough. Then I'll concentrate on the you-know-what replacement. ;)
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

ryu
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby ryu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:46 am

Oh, I get it. Never used that, so no wonder I didn't catch on immediately lol

Return to “Japanese Video Games”