New Home and Other Updates

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

New Home and Other Updates

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:30 am

While the forums are still running on Apache (note their on a sub-domain now) the main site is running on NodeJS. It has some snafu's, but some other things have been fixed. Most obviously missing is the front page. I will get to that soon. But, the game and bonus data is there. Will work on the front page and a fucking search feature soon!

-----------------
Guys, the site has been moved to AWS. There's some hiccups (like http://www.gamengai.com pointing to my other project) but I will fix that. In fact, it's fixed (I think) but has to propagate.

Anywho, I'll leave the default theme up for a bit. I'll change it one day but probably not too soon. The idea is to get off of GoDaddy totally and avoid that cost. Then I can work on version 2 of the alerts.

UPDATE 2017-04-17
I'm changing some stuff around so the forum sometimes is unavailable. But hey, at least some changes are coming.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Re: New Home...

Postby EOJ » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:09 pm

Looking good! Your onfilm.us site is also looking cool, glad you have a site to showcase your great photography. *adds to bookmarks*

layzee
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby layzee » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:22 pm

Reminder to self: there is a difference between "www.something.com" and plain "something.com". I was in Gamengai limbo until I googled Gamengai and found my way back here again.

I second the above post. I fervently look forward to perusing your meticulous reviews on classic and contemporary film.

Gaijin Punch wrote:alerts.

Hell yeah muhfugga.
プロジェクトさいさいへい -まるごと埼玉最終兵器- All About S.S.H.
~Project SaiSaiHei - The Saitama Saisyu Heiki Fan Site~

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:48 pm

I finally broke down and asked WTF was up w/ that on ServerFault and got an answer in like 2 seconds. So, the www.gamengai.com vs gamengai.com fiasco is done. It's no secret I'm into street photography, so wasn't too irked w/ the routing. (It's all on the same server, obviously). Lost some functionality w/ the site, but I'll slowly put it back in. I think I might have gone a little too minimalistic w/ the design, but I'm not too bothered w/ it.

Next thing to do is fix the theme here but that's more work than it should be. :)
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Greatsaintlouis
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Greatsaintlouis » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:57 am

layzee wrote:Reminder to self: there is a difference between "www.something.com" and plain "something.com". I was in Gamengai limbo until I googled Gamengai and found my way back here again.

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one. I had been wondering if GP had just decided to scrap the whole site and move on with life; I'm happy to see that wasn't the case.

(FYI, the "Contact" link on your photos site is busted.)
You also distaste me with passion!

schadenfreude
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby schadenfreude » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Yeah, I was this close to pronouncing the holy rites and salvaging as much site data as I could from the Google cache, but then I hit upon the sans-www URL via a Google search. Hallowed be thy name, gamengai!

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:32 am

Greatsaintlouis wrote:(FYI, the "Contact" link on your photos site is busted.)

Yep -- one of many things. considering I've not told anyone the URL I'm not too bothered as of yet.

emphatic
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby emphatic » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:33 pm

Happy to see this up and running! ;)

sven666
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby sven666 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:37 am

I had no idea the forum was up and running (and has been for quite some time by the looks of it).. good to see you peeps again ;)

whats everyone up to these days?
Recap wrote: I do qualilty posting.

layzee
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby layzee » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:21 am

Nothing much I don't think, just the usual.

Buying Japanese stuff.
Selling Japanese stuff to fund the buying. Rinse and repeat.
Watching some stuff rise in price (damn it, should've bought it when I had the chance).
Watching some stuff fall in price (yay, it's affordable now).
The marginal benefit of officially studying Japanese is becoming smaller. Any advancements made are coming to a crawl.
I'm equally motivated (my love for heavy metal) and discouraged (do I have even a shred [pun honestly unintended, damn I'm getting good at this. Puns that is.] of musical talent?) to/from learning the electric guitar. I'd die a happy man if I can master (or become as good as I can at) guitar and Japanese.
And the general grinding away at life.

How about y'all?
プロジェクトさいさいへい -まるごと埼玉最終兵器- All About S.S.H.
~Project SaiSaiHei - The Saitama Saisyu Heiki Fan Site~

Return to “Japanese Video Games”