Translation help please!

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Translation help please!

Postby SuperDeadite » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:57 am

Can one of you Japanese pros help me? I could use one of these:
http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/191382864

However I do not understand this line
"○接続ケーブルが必要ないけど精神衛生上の機種・FMT-DP535/5351/536/5361/5351W/5361W/8311/8711"

My 100% native Japanese wife doesn't understand it either lol. Though she knows nothing about computers.
Does this mean the cable is no good for that list of monitors? Or does it mean it is simply not needed and a direct
connection from an X68000 to one of these is fine?
Stronger then your average deadite

layzee
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Re: Translation help please!

Postby layzee » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:38 pm

Unfortunately, I am neither a Japanese computer or Japanese language pro so I can't offer any advice in that regard. However, the next best thing I can (barely) do is to ask your question to the seller himself:

はじめまして。すみませんが、この文が分かりません:「接続ケーブルが必要ないけど精神衛生上の機種」。接続ケーブルがFMT-DP535などと使用できないというわけですか? それとも、接続ケーブルが必要なくて、直接接続(X68000⇔FMT-DP535モニターなど)ができます? 詳しく説明してくれませんか? よろしくお願いします。

I'll post his reply if/when he does.
プロジェクトさいさいへい -まるごと埼玉最終兵器- All About S.S.H.
~Project SaiSaiHei - The Saitama Saisyu Heiki Fan Site~

layzee
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby layzee » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:26 am

And here's the reply:

FMT-DP535以降の機種は直接接続可能です。TOWNSディスプレイは音声入力対応ではないのでX68000やPC9801シリーズを接続するときに精神衛生状のことを考え、音声配線をなしにしてあります。またタウンズディスプレイに直接接続ですと、幾つかのX68000の15khzのゲームに対応できないものが出てきてしまいますので、出品ケーブルを使用することで解消できます。

Direct connections are possible with monitor models FMT-DP535 and later. As for the TOWNS displays, because there is no sound input compatibility, when connecting the X68000 and the PC9801 series (and the like), for peace of mind (layzee's note: I still have little idea what 精神衛生 means in this context), use them without sound wirings (layzee's note: probably translated this part wrong). Also, if directly connecting to a TOWNS display, a few X68000 15khz games will be incompatible, and this problem can be solved by using the cable being sold.

So to answer your original question, my guess is that, for the monitors you are inquiring about (FMT-DP535/5351/536/5361/5351W/5361W/8311/8711), the cable isn't necessary but if you want full compatibility with games, then you might want it. In contrast, some monitors do require the cable (FMT-DP531/532/533/534/一体型TOWNSディスプレイ UX,UR).

Disclaimer: A reminder that I'm neither a Japanese language or Japanese computer pro so I will not be held responsible for my third-rate translations leading to your wasted money. Please seek a second opinion.
プロジェクトさいさいへい -まるごと埼玉最終兵器- All About S.S.H.
~Project SaiSaiHei - The Saitama Saisyu Heiki Fan Site~

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:48 am

Thanks a lot. My wife has left Japan once her entire life and had no idea what that peace of mind part meant. She thought the seller was another gaijin...

Anyway, from your help I think I understand it now. Connecting an X68K directly to an ''old'' Towns monitor is a straight no-no. However the ''new'' models have plugs with less pins, so I guess a direct connection is safe. Some of the new models are 31khz and higher only, but mine is a proper trisync, so the 15/24khz games should be fine. I still might buy the cable anyway as I do have an old UX as well though.

Thanks a lot!
Stronger then your average deadite

Return to “Japanese Video Games”