Nintendo Switch

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby EOJ » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:14 am

Okay, I got my Switch (grey joycons of course). No problems with mine, everything works fine. I'm liking it a lot more than I thought. Zelda is wonderful (it really is worth it to buy a system just for this game), and the system itself is impressive when you hold it in your hands. I haven't hooked it up to my TV yet, I'll probably wait to buy a pro controller before I do that.

Seiken Densetsu Collection is out June 1st. Made by M2 so it's sure to be awesome. ;)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:00 am

Once I buy this damn house I might grab one. :D
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:45 am

I recently played through Mario Odyssey. It was pretty fun, but as soon as I was done with it I put it up for sale. Something about it just felt a bit hollow. I think it's the crazy amount of moons (800 or so, I think), most of which are more of a drag than fun to discover. I got about 275 and called it a day.

I prefer the days of having fewer hidden items, thus making their discovery more significant and enjoyable. I don't have the time or interest to play through bloated collectathons comprehensively.

Zelda BOTW also suffered from this, but to a lesser degree (excluding the Korok seeds). Also, it felt more appropriate in a game like BOTW, but maybe that's just me. Among the two BOTW was the much better game, and the one I still own and enjoy turning on every once in awhile just to marvel at its world.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:48 pm

So that begs the question: what else is there for the system? Another Pikmin would make me buy it I'm sure... but I said that about the Wii U and never got one of those.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:34 am

I've bought:

BOTW
Odyssey
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Seiken Densetsu Collection

And I have Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on preorder (releases December 1). Looks like a good JRPG.

That's plenty for me so far, all have been good to great and worth the price of admission. Hopefully XC2 is similar.

MK8D is really good, by the way. I hadn't enjoyed a MK game in a long time before that one. It's the only Switch game I bought digitally. Nice to fire it up for a quick race every now and then.

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:16 am

Valkyria Chronicles 4 coming to Switch next summer. PS4 first, in Spring (also coming to Xbox One):

https://gematsu.com/2017/11/valkyria-ch ... one-switch

Looks a lot like the original on PS3, which was a great game!

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:07 am

There's a discussion at shmups about it -- glad to see it back on a console, and it would be a contender for me to purchase. One of the few PS3 games I bought and enjoyed. I was just not into that system.

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:38 am

Not sure if you're aware but there's a remaster of VC for the PS4. I bought it on sale for like $20, haven't gotten around to playing it yet but it's in 1080p and runs smoother, apparently.

Lots of good stuff on PS4, and brand new ones sell for $200 these days.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”