Blaster Master Zero

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Blaster Master Zero

Postby EOJ » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:21 am

I bought this the other day and I can't stop playing. It is REALLY good. I remember the original game back in the day but I could never beat it. This is a lot easier, but still tons of fun. I'm playing on 3DS for the crisp 240p and d-pad controls, but it's also available on Switch.

I've played about 6 hours, probably nearing the end.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Re: Blaster Master Zero

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:20 am

That does look pretty cool. Downloadable on Switch I assume?
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:21 am

Yep, downloadable. Only ten bucks, or 980yen on the Japanese shop (that's where I bought it). I just finished the game, took me about 8.5 hours. Totally rad from start to finish. You can choose English or Japanese language in the options.

I really recommend playing it on a New 3DS XL, the pixel art looks soooo nice in 240p, and the d-pad controls are great (no d-pad on a Switch).

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:46 pm

No DS here... again, my kid has one. Might steal his. He rarely plays it. :D
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:26 pm

Your kid has all the good stuff! ;) I wonder if he might like this game? The difficulty is a bit tame, and it's a great intro to Metroidvanias and classic pixel art.

JoshF
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby JoshF » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:17 am

I enjoyed the demo. Looks more authentic than that embarrassing Double Dragon game from Arc System*. Unfortunately the dithered pixels blur during scrolling on the 3DS screen.

*Still not as bad as that wink-at-the-camera ironic hipster farce that WayForward made.

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:40 am

Switch version is 60fps, 3DS is 30fps. So that's something. Regardless, I still really enjoyed it on 3DS. I have a Switch now but don't think I'll buy the game again.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:02 am

My son is finally playing his games. He's about to clear Super Mario 3d Land, but he basically watches Youtube and then does it himself. However, this is a massive fucking improvement from him playing something for about 10 minutes and quitting. (It took him a year to realize he didn't have to always be moving). Most parents hate it when their kids play game all day but mine has just started at the age of 10, and I'm viewing it as a bit of normalcy. For Xmas he wants "his" Wii back (which was mine) so I figure we do that for Xmas (basically spend nothing) and he can have a Switch 6 weeks later for his bday.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”