Alien Syndrome: Another Sega Ages 2500

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Alien Syndrome: Another Sega Ages 2500

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:58 am

I picked up Alien Syndrome on a whim the other day -- the first one I've picked up since Space Harrier. Just some quick impressions. I was a huge fan of the original in the coin-op. Poured tons of quarters into it. It definitely holds a place for me in my gaming as a youngster. This remake, while nice, defintiely has some issues. -They've made the game much darker (literally). You can't even see the walls in some stages. -As w/ other Sega Ages, the models are kinda cheesy -Bosses are re-arranged, and in some cases, very different -New weapons -Game is harder, but now has a life meter -Unlimited continues I liked the original, in that you could continue up to the last stage. It at least required some skill. This time, they made the last boss so damn hard (even on easy) I doubt you'd kill him w/o tons of practice. :( They have kept it a 2D style game -- IE, you can't move the camera around, and the stage layout appears to be the same, from what I remember. It was a cheapy, so even if it sucked, it's no big deal. I'd asy it's a fair game, and worth picking up if you liked the original.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Darkchii
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Darkchii » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:24 pm

If you ever want to trade or sell it LMK, I also was a big fan of the original.
AKA SegaSlut/Psykotic Geisha

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:28 am

;) will probably hang onto it though.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Return to “Japanese Video Games”