Saturn Puyo Puyo?

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

evilmess
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Saturn Puyo Puyo?

Postby evilmess » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:56 pm

I want to pick up some Puyo Puyo games and I'm currently tracking down Puyo Puyo 4 (<-- a gift for my daughters DC collection) for the DC and I'm wondering if either of the Puyo Puyo games for the Saturn are worth a damn? PUYO PUYO SUN PUYO PUYO TWO Avoid or snap them up?

Recap
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Re: Saturn Puyo Puyo?

Postby Recap » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:23 pm

Sun is pretty. It was present in every arcade center I met when I was in Japan in 1997. I never liked Puyo Puyo style games much, to be honest, but the forthcoming Pochi to Nyaa for PS2 looks promising. I'd wait for it.

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby zinger » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:27 pm

Puyo Puyo 2 is great! The MD/arcade version was atleast (they seem practically identical btw, even the sound!).

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:00 am

I don't think they've added enough over the years, but I do like the games. They're mindless fun. IMHO -- there are much better puzzle games out there. Cleopatra Fortune is damn expensive for any system, but a nice change. I'm a sucker for the Puzzle Bobble games.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Pingu
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Pingu » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:22 am

You can't go wrong with the saturn versions as the freight will probably cost your more than the games themself. Heck even the arcade version of sun is dirt cheap. I got my ST-V copy for a measly 200yen.
Panda papanda kopanda

evilmess
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby evilmess » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:36 pm

Pingu wrote:You can't go wrong with the saturn versions as the freight will probably cost your more than the games themself.
Exactly! I've been playing bust-a-move 2 and lovin' it. So I thought Puyo Puyo might be a nice distraction from BAM2 and the import prices are great.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”