Anyone on this site own a "Neo Fami" system??....

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

dave4shmups
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Anyone on this site own a "Neo Fami" system??....

Postby dave4shmups » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:00 am

This is what I'm referring to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8162278848&rd=1 Someone on the Shmups site said that these systems are built with inferior parts, but how can anyone know that? And if they are, why would Ebay sellers with perfect, or near-perfect, feedback sell them? And couldn't they be sued by Nintendo for saying that these products are liscenced by them if they're really not? These systems are manufactured by a Japanese company called Yobo Gameware, if that helps. I'm really looking to buy a Famicom, and I seriously doubt that I'll find one, especially one packaged with a converter that lets you play NES games, for a price like that!

dave4shmups
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby dave4shmups » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:50 pm

From a seller on Ebay that sells these units: "I have sold a few dozen of these systems on eBay, and many more through retail outlets here at home. I've even had one on display (at my friends video game store) for about 10 hours a day for a few months. They are pretty darn reliable, as long as they are treated well. (Not thrown around, etc. :))They are light, which worries some people. But I can assure you that these systems work well and long. :) Hope this helps."

m0nk3yb0y
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby m0nk3yb0y » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:02 pm

If this is licenced by Nintendo, then I'm a Dalek. But, to quote from the box - 'Good Quality same as CD game level'. Damn, my brain must be getting foggy in my old age, but I can't remember the Famicom/NES being that powerful!
''Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetative electronic music.'' Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989 :D

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:24 pm

This machine has a very good reputation. Ask around on Assemlber's forums... I think quite a few people there have them.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Bighab
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby Bighab » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:41 am

I had heard that the controllers are hard-wired to the system. So if one breaks your kinda screwed. Do they have an AV out on them?

delafro
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby delafro » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:49 pm

The controllers are detachable... just poor quality of course. I believe they may even just use the standard Genesis/2600 connection, not sure on that though.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”