[GC] Star Fox Assault Minigames

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

[GC] Star Fox Assault Minigames

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:12 am

Famicom Plaza reports that there will be three Famicom games in the Omake section of Nintendo's upcoming Starfox Assault. As Namco is taking care of the development side of things, three of their titles: Battle City, Xevious, and Star Luster will be the ones that are included.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

m0nk3yb0y
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby m0nk3yb0y » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:26 pm

Cool, but why don't they include old SNES/N64 versions of games as unlockables? Having the original SNES Starfox , N64 Starfox or even letting SNES Starfox2 see the (official) light-of-day as unlockables would have kicked ass. Still gonna get the game as I really enjoy the SF series.
''Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetative electronic music.'' Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989 :D

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:19 am

I assume it's an R&D development thing. Would take too much time to write the emulator for the N64 version... just a hunch though.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Bighab
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby Bighab » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:53 pm

Are these games going to be included in the North American version? I love Battle city ;)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:05 pm

I would think so, although NoA is known for not putting any money into games that were not previously released in the states. Do all three of those games have already existing English versions?

Bighab
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby Bighab » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:49 pm

I know Xevious was but I don't think the other two were.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”