What are some Saturn games that use the link cable?

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Bighab
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

What are some Saturn games that use the link cable?

Postby Bighab » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:54 am

I recently picked up a copy of Steeldom link cable version for the Jpn Saturn. I am wondering if anyone knows of any other Jpn or US Saturn games that use the link cable?

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:32 am

Wipeout, Gungriffon 2, and Gebockers

m0nk3yb0y
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby m0nk3yb0y » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:05 pm

Console to console link cables are a funny thing. Makes you wonder why companies bother with them. Saturn: The whopping 3 games Ganelon mentioned... Dreamcast: Virtual-ON, F355, Daytona USA, Sega Tetris, Aero Dancing i/F PSone: Um, Command and Conquer (which is cool, but by the time you've each built a half decent army the PSs slow down to an unplayable rate). Not sure what else. Oh, but I suppose the Yaroze - PC link cable used the serial port. PS2: No idea.... So that's a pretty low amount of games. But given the difficulties of getting the required set-ups, sys link will remain the realm of handhelds. But I would love to play sys link VO: OT one day. I have the game, twin sticks and a 3rd party link cable. Just need some one to play now...
''Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetative electronic music.'' Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989 :D

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:51 pm

m0nk3yb0y wrote:But I would love to play sys link VO: OT one day. I have the game, twin sticks and a 3rd party link cable. Just need some one to play now...
It apparently plays with zero slowdown as well. An impressive feat. What's more noteworthy is that this was the DC's first landmark online game, although I never played it online. :(
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Madroms
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Madroms » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:01 pm

Are you sure about Wipeout ? Here are the one I know they are compatible with : Daytona USA Circuit Edition JPN Doom JPN Gun Griffon II JPN Hyper 3D Taisen Battle Gebockers JPN Steeldom JPN Densetsu no Ogre Battle JAP according to the header, need to check the manuel to be sure. In the USA, maybe Duke nukem 3D, Saturn Bomberman, Sega Rally,... Don't have any US titles, so I can't confirm for them.

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:23 pm

Yes, Wipeout for the US. I don't know about the JP Wipeout or XL. And none of those US games you mentioned use the link cable. However, they did support the NetLink so I think you got your info confused.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”