[NDS] Akumajo Dracula Sougetsu no Juujika

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Turrican
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Turrican » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:13 pm

Thanks for the impressions GP. I plan to order this one from play-asia soon.
The graphics are of course, very lovely 2D with some great parallax effects. The game starts off outdoors in a neighborhood -- something you never see in the series.
You never see in the series lately. Simon's Quest was all outdoor, thank god. Castlevania III and Super Castlevania IV both had some Transyilvania stages before reaching the Count's castle. Even Dracula X begins in the classic little haunted town (on fire). By the way, look at the Japanese official site and play the stylus flash game to access some hilarious wallpapers! :D

Strychnine
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby Strychnine » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:14 am

Turrican wrote:Thanks for the impressions GP. I plan to order this one from play-asia soon.
The graphics are of course, very lovely 2D with some great parallax effects. The game starts off outdoors in a neighborhood -- something you never see in the series.
You never see in the series lately. Simon's Quest was all outdoor, thank god. Castlevania III and Super Castlevania IV both had some Transyilvania stages before reaching the Count's castle. Even Dracula X begins in the classic little haunted town (on fire). By the way, look at the Japanese official site and play the stylus flash game to access some hilarious wallpapers! :D
I think Gaijin was expressing exclaimation more regarding the peaceful/normal/residential nature of the intro rather than it being outdoorsie

Return to “Japanese Video Games”