what are the #1 rarest games for the following systems?

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

popeye_no_eigo_asobi
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Rare games ???

Postby popeye_no_eigo_asobi » Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:55 am

What happens here is that everyone posts some games which could be rare or which have been sold in some place at high prices. Ridiculous. "Rare" and "expensive" isn't the same. And to thibaut: you just mention some games you've read about on some webpages which might be or are actually rare. But you don't know shit about this games! I could give you pictures on rare carts which are actually fakes but you would still believe.. "please give me information and pictures of game XYZ" -> I can only laugh! First buy the games, then play them, then learn Japanese and try to get as much info as you can. And then you can speak about rare games! :) Just my two cents here. A quick introduction on my person: I live in Japan and own almost every Japanese game in existence (last month I finally broke through the 10000 individual games barrier). I also have almost every so-called "rare stuff". If you have questions about some games maybe I can be of help in the near future. Thank you. Kindaichi

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Re: Rare games ???

Postby zinger » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:38 pm

popeye_no_eigo_asobi wrote:What happens here is that everyone posts some games which could be rare or which have been sold in some place at high prices. Ridiculous. "Rare" and "expensive" isn't the same. And to thibaut: you just mention some games you've read about on some webpages which might be or are actually rare. But you don't know shit about this games! I could give you pictures on rare carts which are actually fakes but you would still believe.. "please give me information and pictures of game XYZ" -> I can only laugh! First buy the games, then play them, then learn Japanese and try to get as much info as you can. And then you can speak about rare games! :) Just my two cents here. A quick introduction on my person: I live in Japan and own almost every Japanese game in existence (last month I finally broke through the 10000 individual games barrier). I also have almost every so-called "rare stuff". If you have questions about some games maybe I can be of help in the near future. Thank you. Kindaichi
Got a picture of your collection? :)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:10 pm

"Rare" and "expensive" isn't the same.
I don't believe anyone ever tried to say them. Some of the games he was referring to ARE expensive b/c they are rare. Eyeful Home and Waltz cost a fortune for no other reason than there were only 50 of them printed (at least for Eyeful Home).
Got a picture of your collection? :)
I second that. What part of Japan do you live in? You must have a big pad w/ 10,000 games in it.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

thibaut
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby thibaut » Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:26 pm

popeye_no_eigo_asobi : Happy to meet the most collector man in the world. I'm sorry but I can't buy all games I want. I have a little collection and I like very much find infos about rare games. Like rare games, I have only the Gold Hucards, Darius alpha with paper and all hucard special version. So, could you show us some pics about : Life Active network (Pc Engine) Hudson Summer Graduation (Pc Engine) Sonic the Fighter (Saturn) Waltz (Saturn) Eyefull home (Saturn) Thanks
Pc Engine Fan

Recap
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Recap » Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:53 pm

thibaut wrote: So, could you show us some pics about : Life Active network (Pc Engine) Hudson Summer Graduation (Pc Engine) Sonic the Fighter (Saturn) Waltz (Saturn) Eyefull home (Saturn)
Sure he can. He has "almost every Japanese game in existence", you know.

CaptainAmazing
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby CaptainAmazing » Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:53 pm

Yeah Id like to see pics of your 10000+ games if you arent lying.

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:02 pm

I've barely ever owned over 500 games myself. :D

thibaut
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby thibaut » Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:11 pm

popeye_no_eigo_asobi : You have all 7300 PS games ? You have all 5000 gameboy games in box ?
Pc Engine Fan

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:09 am

Do you have much PC stuff like the MSX, X68000, Fm Town etc.?

popeye_no_eigo_asobi
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby popeye_no_eigo_asobi » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:29 am

Gaijin Punch wrote:What part of Japan do you live in? You must have a big pad w/ 10,000 games in it.
I come from Naganoken, right now I'm living in my apartment near Tokyo because of work. Games don't take that much space actually. You can store over 3000 Playstation games in one little room! Kindaichi

popeye_no_eigo_asobi
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

collection ??

Postby popeye_no_eigo_asobi » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:34 am

As of June, 1st my collection contains 10202 Japanese games. I started playing in 1974! You can buy a lot of games in 26 years I think, even more than I have bought! :? I do not buy Pasocon soft anymore. I have some games for MSX, X68000, Macintosh, Windows and FM Towns. But really not that much... Kindaichi

popeye_no_eigo_asobi
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

so many games...

Postby popeye_no_eigo_asobi » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:41 am

thibaut wrote:popeye_no_eigo_asobi : You have all 7300 PS games ? You have all 5000 gameboy games in box ?
I own 2637 PSOne titles at the moment. Not much. The biggest Japanese collector is surely the Director of Studio Bentstuff: he owns over 4000! Insane! :roll: But there are less than 1000 Game Boy games in Japan. Maybe you can tell me where you have that number (5000) from. Or do you include Game Boy Color and Advance soft? Thanks. Kindaichi

thibaut
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby thibaut » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:05 am

There is approximatly 4500 games for GameBoy (GB, GB color and advance). The big difficult is to fond them complete in box. Could you send u some pics from the Active Life Network, Hudson Summer Graduation and Sonic the Fighter if you have them please ?
Pc Engine Fan

Kaneko
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Kaneko » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:45 am

May you show us some pictures of your video games collection ? I believe you, but I'm not even able to imagine all that stuff in one picture... :o It should be really impressive ! Do you own all the 703 PC Engine games ? (and may be all the "not for sale")

thibaut
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby thibaut » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:58 pm

I have made with a friend aweb page with rares games, but sorry in french. Of course it's not complete but we try. If you are any pics or infos, don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks http://nijigame.free.fr
Pc Engine Fan

popeye_no_eigo_asobi
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

yes

Postby popeye_no_eigo_asobi » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:47 am

Kaneko wrote:May you show us some pictures of your video games collection ? I believe you, but I'm not even able to imagine all that stuff in one picture... :o It should be really impressive ! Do you own all the 703 PC Engine games ? (and may be all the "not for sale")
I own all of them. I'm just missing some rare samples like PC Cocoron and Dino Force. I'm really after the second one! I would pay 200000 Yen for it. Kindaichi

thibaut
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby thibaut » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:56 am

Dino Force is just a CDR or a real Sample Disc ? Do you have a pics please ? You have see it on Yahoo auctions ? Thanks
Pc Engine Fan

popeye_no_eigo_asobi
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

some notes

Postby popeye_no_eigo_asobi » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:18 am

thibaut wrote:Dino Force is just a CDR or a real Sample Disc ? Do you have a pics please ? You have see it on Yahoo auctions ? Thanks
It should be a sample ROM. I only have pictures from some magazines. But I cannot give you pictures, because you will put them on your webpage without any note where you got them. Yahoo auctions? If you mean the Japanese auction site chances are slim to find any real rare items there... Well, my apologizes, but I'd like to make some corrections to your pages here -> http://nijigame.free.fr/dossier_collect ... ctor2.html Bomber Man '93 Special Version was only made 1000 times! And where did you get the number for the PC Genjin 3 Taikenban from? Darius Alpha was made 1000 times and not 800! Super Real Mahjong P 4 Custom Special is not a demo disc! Tokimeki Card Paradise for the PC-FX wasn't made only 1000 times! Maybe Bomber Raid is the most expensive Mark III game, but not the hardest to find. That would be Great Ice Hockey! There's no gold cart for a Famicom Slam Dunk because there never was a Slam Dunk game for this system! ;) There's no Bahamut Lagoon Sample ROM. And the Tengai Makyou Zero Not for sale edition was only made 200 times! Ok, I hope you can correct this. And you're missing dozens of rare games... it's best to collect all information and data and put them online only if you're 100% sure that there's nothing missing or wrong! My French is very bad. I don't know what you wrote about Circus Lido, but I can see two numbers: 200 and 20000 - what do these mean? Thanks. Kindaichi

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Re: some notes

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:17 pm

It should be a sample ROM. I only have pictures from some magazines. But I cannot give you pictures, because you will put them on your webpage without any note where you got them.
Why not put "popeye no eigo asobi" in a transparent font through the middle -- no way he could post them then.
My French is very bad. I don't know what you wrote about Circus Lido, but I can see two numbers: 200 and 20000 - what do these mean?
Probably that there were some 200 known copies at one point, and then Amazon.co.jp got a mother load of them and now there's 20,000 copies... That's just a guess, I know absolutely no french.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:33 pm

What kind of game is Dino Force.

popeye_no_eigo_asobi
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

DinoForce

Postby popeye_no_eigo_asobi » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:58 pm

Azazel wrote:What kind of game is Dino Force.
A shooting game which was in development at Unipost of Japan. They also did Circus Lido! Kindaichi

popeye_no_eigo_asobi
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby popeye_no_eigo_asobi » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:59 pm

Gaijin Punch wrote:
It should be a sample ROM. I only have pictures from some magazines. But I cannot give you pictures, because you will put them on your webpage without any note where you got them.
Why not put "popeye no eigo asobi" in a transparent font through the middle -- no way he could post them then.
I don't get what you're trying to tell me here. Sorry. My English is kind of bad. Kindaichi

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:26 pm

Like this [img]http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/‾japangaming/img/sample.jpg[/img]

Von-Zipper
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby Von-Zipper » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:49 pm

My French is very bad. I don't know what you wrote about Circus Lido, but I can see two numbers: 200 and 20000 - what do these mean?
No, it is not in connection with Circus Lido. Thibault just said that the rarest hucards had been made from 200 to 20.000 copies. Just for the games that are involved. There you go ! Great site anyway. But could you give the rarest games "for sale" on Saturn ? Just like you made for PC-Engine.
Last edited by Von-Zipper on Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaneko
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Kaneko » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:24 pm

Ok, I hope you can correct this. And you're missing dozens of rare games...
popeye_no_eigo_asobi : Could you give us some missing titles on thibaut's work ? I'm not very familiar with "collectors" because I'm young and I really do not have the money to buy them however, I'm very curious.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”