[AC] ESPGaluda II

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

[AC] ESPGaluda II

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:24 am

Last edited by Gaijin Punch on Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:28 am

Translation thus far
Three years ago, there was the "Shinra War". The grasses grew green in the lands that were said would whither away. To live, people came together, and revived their counttry. However, there were foolish people to follow after the Shinra were gone. Those people, were from the country of Souma. Despite not amounting to the same power as Shinra, they had become known as a country with power. After the fall of the Shinra, they secretely scoured the lands, and were able to revive the Spirit Device. If they could attain the skills to make the "shiny wings" (yeah, I know) which would surpass the strength of the mechanical wings, they could turn their test subjects into real Galuda. "We have revived the true Spirit Device. The Shinra are gone. It's Souma's turn!' To anyone that defies us, there is only death! We are invincible!" Asagi: The 3rd Galuda The only Galuda born by the Souma's New Spirit Device. Living in the castle, he felt the pain of the test subjects tragedy, and planned a revolt. As the Souma's first Galuda, was being granted his title at the official ceremonies, where he assasinated the king and escaped. At first glance, looks bright, but also has a sadistic side to him. Like Ageha and the others, is part of the elite which can tap into abilities in the Kakusei world. 12 years old.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

icycalm
#1 video game and art theorist in his world
#1 video game and art theorist in his world

Postby icycalm » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:24 pm

I read on click-stick that you might be able to make it to the show, after all. Let me know if you do...

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:10 pm

It will be very close, and only the last couple of hours on Saturday. I'll be taking a bus straight from the airport, check out a few booths, then go check into the hotel. Man, I'm sick!
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Recap
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Recap » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:52 pm

Game Watch has the two first screenshots but they upside down. I edited them here: LINK Don't miss the Puzzle! Mushihime-Tama control panel, either. http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050901/am_etc.htm

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:34 pm

I sense my new avatar coming on. :) http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050901/am_etc20.htm Thanks for the link -- very excited (but hungover) this morning. :)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:39 am

My thoughts on the game... also posted at shmups.

Hey bitches! Well, I made it. Where else but in Japan can you land and take a $125 cab ride that only lasts 20 minutes? The wife and I were pretty tired and didn't want to wait 90 minutes on the bus. Anyways, here's the scoop.

There were 6 cabs... all had a decent little line. Took about an hour. My wife actually queued for me while I went to check out some other goodies at the show. Her going to the show is unheard of, much less lining up for me.

The game feels much like the first one in many ways. Even the first stage boss is very similar to Seseri... but imagine something with Miss Gala (ESPRade) sized yellow trans-lucent wings. Beautiful. Anyways, they seem to have taken a lot of things from their other games. Stage 2 has a horizontally scrolling part (a la Guwange/Ketsui) and some bullets looked like they're ripped straight from Mushihime-sama. On that note, a lot of the patterns feel very Mushihime-sama (maniac mode).

Graphics are of course stunning, and the world feels very similar to that of the original. The sound, from what little you can hear, is good. It's got the same warning sound when you're about to kill a boss. The explosions are really loud this time, with more exploding sprites.

It's hard to say whether or not it's harder than the first. There's a lot of bullets flying around, but I only played once. My guess is that it'll be a bit more difficult.

Asagi: Ugggh.... I do not like using her. That might be why I only made it halfway through stage two. In normal mode, her attacks are pretty good, but her Kakusei weapon sucks, IMHO. You get one very thin laser beam, and the ghosts that surround her turn into... uh... options, and they orbit around the enemy, shooting him directly. There's of course a little delay until they go and attack. Not very user-friendly... at least not the first time.

Now, the good news. I have video of stages 1 and 2... almost in their entirety. My camera isn't fantastic so of course you see the dark sections of the screen due to the frequency. However, I think they're pretty good quality -- you can easily make out the bullet patterns. The bad news? I have absolutely no way to capture it until I'm back, so you'll have to make do.

Oh, yeah a couple of other things. There was a 'special guest' at the Cave booth. I'll post a pic later. Ad yeah -- I got one (only one :( ) of those little pendant things that Res-o-glass posted. It flashes blue & red. A girl dressed like Ageha was passing them out when you finished w/ the game. She was not bad to look at either. :)

As for it being the most popular game at the show? I'd believe it. The only other things that had longer lines (90 minutes total) were Psi-Phy... apparently b/c of the learning curve... nobody could do shit in that game. Other than that, the new 8-player (4 on 4) Gundam where you go in the Spaceship and shit. Metal Slug 6, Rajiruki, and Under Defeat all had very modest lines, although I didn't play (I got some video though).

I think I will buy this PCB when it comes out. I'm quite excited about it.
Last edited by Gaijin Punch on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:39 am

Something else picked up about the scoring system:
『エスプガルーダII』は基本システムは前作と同じですが、新たに「覚聖絶死界」が追加されました。これは覚聖するとき「Bボタン(覚聖ボタン)」を押し続けると使用できます。使用中は敵の攻撃が猛絶に激しくなりますが、うまく破壊できれば気絶的高得点のチャンスとなります。ただし、覚聖カウンタの減少が通常より速いです。
ESPGaluda II has the same basic system as before, but has added the Kakusei Zesshikai (or maybe Zetsushikai -- the original one is just Kakusei Shikai). To trigger this, when entering kakusei mode, continually hold down the Kakusei (B) button. By doing so, the enemies attack becomes more intense, and is a chance to score more points. However, the kakusei counter depletes faster than usual.

Recap
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Recap » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:55 am

Posted this at IC yesterday, but just in case - Seems that it is scheduled for October: http://www.riverservice.co.jp/j-sinseihincalender/index.html

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:36 pm

That's gotta be an error. Arcadia said December, and Ikeda even said they were only halfway done for the show. Shit, I'd love to see it out by October, but even the guy at Mak JP said it could very likely be next year. And of course.... only 6 weeks for location tests (none of which have been announced yet?). If they can get it done that quick, more power to them.

Recap
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Recap » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:54 pm

You're right, most likely.

Recap
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Recap » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:40 pm

Alpha Station says November now: http://www.alpha-st.co.jp/game/game.html

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:41 am

Prologue: On an evening with a beautiful moon, the power of the holy spirit descended upon Asagi, a guinnea pig of the spirit machine. The spirit whispered: "I'll save you..." A slightly startled Asagi awoke. "Was that a dream? I was sleeping... Where am I?" A door she had never seen lay before Asagi. She reaches for the doorknob and suddenly opens it. "These children..." There were countless bodies stacked upon each other. "They're dead? This is the fate of the failed experiments...? I was an experiment too... right... ? Spirit: Understand? Asagi: Are you... a spirit? Spirit: Yes. I live within you... Look at this... An image of an unknown city appears. Spirit: In this city are people just like you. They will help you. Go!

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:18 am

Kit:
[img]http://dynamic.gamespy.com/‾japangaming/gomi/esp2kit640.jpg[/img]

Poster:
[img]http://dynamic.gamespy.com/‾japangaming/gomi/esp2poster.jpg[/img]

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:08 am

Official Site Update

Stage 1 & 2 map and enemies (including score, gem count and gold count).

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:19 am

Stage 3 added.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:59 pm

Stage 4 and Stage 5 added.

Also, [url=http://www13.ocn.ne.jp/‾p-pulse/espgaluda_futakon.htm]Playland Pulse[/url] (wherever the hell that is) is holding a 2-player contest. They've got a cabinet setup w/ a video recorder. Players bring their own tapes, record their play, and turn them in to the arcade when they're done. The winners will recieve a secret prize, and have their video posted on the website.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:22 pm

Stage 6 map and enemies added.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

[DVD] ESPGaluda II Super Play DVD

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:17 pm

Cave has announced an ESPGaluda II Super Play DVD. One can download a promotional video of it from Cave's website. It says they will be recording between 03.13 and 04.16, and will post the high scores in May. I'm assuming the highest scoring runs make it to the DVD.

The kicker? Arika (or at least 'Mihara of Arika') is involved. I wish they would just get Arika to do the port, but doesn't everyone. The other kicker is a little sentence that loosely says, "ESPGaluda II Strategy DVD Proudction --- Primarily, 'Business'". "Business" I believe is the words Mihara used in his blog talking about Cave's (or someone's) decision to not have Arika do Mushihime-sama (although I'd have to reread it to make sure).

They say there will be more details in coming days on the Cave website.

Recap
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Recap » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:40 pm

We indeed could see Mihara and Ikeda together at the last AOU:

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:29 am

Studio Siesta has posted a new [url=http://www.mails.ne.jp/‾studio_siesta/download/esp2_st1.mp3]sample track[/url] from their upcoming Arrange CD. It happens to be the first stage track from ESPGaluda II.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:07 pm

Original character settings added to the official website. (Orange button found on each characters' page).

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:56 am

Strategy DVD announced, in cooperation w/ Arika. Videos available here. No release date yet.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

[DVD] ESPGaluda II DVD Details

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:21 pm

Details have been given on the ESPGaluda II Kouryaku DVD

Scores are:
Ageha 804,868,352 by Doraemon @ Nobita something rather (Good Day 21 - Tokyo)
Asagi 701,827,177 by GIN Gochisou-sama (Try Amusement Tower - Tokyo)
Tateha ???

Official DVD
Sale Date: 05.22.2006
Price: 6825 Yen
Details: 3 DVDs
Running Time: Roughly 41 minutes per disc
Thoughts: Only members of Game Center Yokocho can reserve copies
More thoughts: Each disc contains 1 run. Also will contain a booklet of unreleased rough sketches, system explanation, and strategies.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

[DVD] More ESPGaluda II DVD Details

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue May 09, 2006 12:08 am

Cave has updated their ESPGaluda II Kouryaku DVD Page

The scores and players are as follows:

Asagi: 793,285,147 Clover-TAC
Ageha: 868,341,063 GFA2-ISO
Tateha: 879,115,588 Clover-TAC

Orders start on 05.22 at 18:00 via Gesen Yokocho, or Cave's website.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”