Akihabara trip

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Akihabara trip

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:13 am

Well, I've successfully come and gone... or is it went and returned? There really wasn't too much unexpected on the trip. Most of my time was spent hanging out with friends, and for the odd 30-60 minutes of dead time I had inbetween I'd pop into an arcade. Here's some random thoughts on the trip that I should've been posting as the trip happened. -I've forgotten what it's like being in a smoker-friendly country as a non-smoker. The arcades are especially rough. -Akihabara was pretty much the same. I didn't buy anything that rare. In fact, most of what I bought was in the "junk" stack. I even bought a few games for less than 100 yen. The rest were PS2 games that Imissed and got for discounted prices. Katamari Damacy, Growlanser IV, etc. -I wanted to pick up Inoue Junya's manga Otogi Matsuri (which I did) so I went into the Shibuya branch of Mandarake. I knew they had a game section, but alwasy assumed they'd have nothing special. They had a nice selection of rarities in the showcase, and the prices weren't any worse than Akihabara... some were better. I wound up getting all 6 books of Otogi Matsuri, btw, which is so far a pretty cool book. -G-Front has about 10 ESPRade boards... none of them have the original instruction card. :( They did have a Progear w/ original card, but no comic strip (the one thing I need). -I dropped about 12,000 yen on JLPT Level 1 books, as I've decided I need to get off my ass and pass this test one day. -There was not 1, but 2 Claire model Dreamcasts at Trader 2 the day I first went. they were roughly 27,000 yen each. The next time I went, they were both gone. -Trader 2 also had Heim Waltz and Eyeful Home both for under 50,000 yen, although I think they sold the Eyeful Home.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:29 am

Bought any games you intend to sell here?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:04 am

The only one that I'll immediately dump is Wolf Fang for the Playstation. I have no clue why I thought it was Mad Stalker when I bought it. O_o I would've loved to have boughten a stack of shit to sell to you guys, but I just didn't have the time or space this trip.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Bighab
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby Bighab » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:38 pm

I have a friend going to Japan in early Oct. I usually give him pictures of games I want and he goes into different stores and shows the clerk. He is clueless when it comes to games but he has brought back soem good stuff for me. I hope to get a Faussete Amour(for around 7500Yen I hope ;) ) and a few obscure SFC games.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:33 am

I saw one or two Fausette Amour's. If you want, I can type you a list of names in Japanese and you can print them. Better yet, do this: Find the game you want here. EX: [url=http://dynamic.gamespy.com/‾japangaming/gm_inf.php?gm_id=777]Fausette Amour[/url] then add "&l=j" to the end of the URL to get the [url=http://dynamic.gamespy.com/‾japangaming/gm_inf.php?gm_id=777&l=j]Japaense version[/url] and copy the title. Put them on a list, print, and have him show the shop keepers.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”