What N64 Games are worth playing/having?

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

CIT Seven Force
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

What N64 Games are worth playing/having?

Postby CIT Seven Force » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:15 pm

The N64 has always occupied a galaxy far, far away from mine. Some sort of place of blocky 3D graphics in blurry resolution with an exceedingly uncomfortable controller. Not really a place I would like to find myself in... Still, recently I picked up Sin and Punishment, as I've always wanted to try this game, and I already own both Akumajo Mokushiroku games (although only for formal "completion" of the Castlevania collection). I have yet to pick up the actual system, but I'm thinking I might as well look at some other games out there. Any suggestions? I already own Bangaioh on Dreamcast, but is the third Treasure game, Yuke Yuke Troublemakers, worth my time? What about Goemon, didn't he make a couple of appearances on N64 too? Thanks for your help.

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:28 pm

Yuke Yuke is definitely a good pick if you like somewhat quirky sidescrollers. SRW64 is like the best RPG on the system if you've liked that series. Wonder Project J2 is an interesting adventure game with heavy sim elements, the best on the system I'd say.

Mad Mage
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Mad Mage » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:15 pm

Yuke Yuke trouble makers is definatly worth your time, especially since it's cheap. It's actually one of my favorite Treasure games. There is a 3D Goemon game that plays somewhat like the 3D Zelda games (though it's a bit dated). Like most in the series, it has great humor. There is also a 2D Goemon game (with 3D graphics) that plays like the later Super Famicom Goemon games and is very fun and a great challange. Go to http://www.classicgaming.com/reviews/goemon/goemon.htm for much better reviews. Star Fox is great fun. It's no Sin and Punishment but it's well worth your time.. Ogre Battle 64 is excellent if you like Ogre Battle. Paper Mario should not be passed up. As for non-Japanese games I think it's worth at least mentioning Space Station Silicon Vally and Body Harvest. These two excellent games were made by DMA before Rockstar ate them up and told them to make a certain game over and over again for the rest of their lives. The first is a brilliant puzzle solving game where you posses robot animals with "enhanced" ablities. The second is one of the hardest games I've ever played but it has a great "feel" to it. Oh yeah, Blast Corps is fun to.

CIT Seven Force
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby CIT Seven Force » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:31 pm

Thanks, guys. How is Hybrid Heaven?

Marigul
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Marigul » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:14 pm

Hybrid heaven is interesting attempt, unique enough to warent tracking down. Not a classic but one of the few n64 RPGs out there....

Return to “Japanese Video Games”