New Import Video Game Store

Buy, sell, trade, and beg for games in here.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

GenkiVideoGames.com
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

New Import Video Game Store

Postby GenkiVideoGames.com » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:08 pm

Hope you don't mind us making an announcement Mr Gaijin Punch, but you seemed a pleasant, chilled gentleman when we chatted previously, if you don't mind us saying.... :roll: If not we'll brace ourselves for an E-kancho...!
Whilst we are a shop and not a fan site, we are a shop run by fans so hopefully that makes us worthy of a listing here!

http://www.GenkiVideoGames.com

We recently updated our range of desirable titles with a large batch of collectable DC, SS, PCE, PSX and other import games from Japan.

If there's anything your after for your import collection, and its not on the site, please let us know.... We were thinking about adding the Playdia having read about it on the Japanese Gaming site. Yoroshiku na! :)
Ijyou desu.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:57 pm

Don't mind at all. Thanks for the announcement.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

GenkiVideoGames.com
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby GenkiVideoGames.com » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:15 pm

Nice one man. If only other moderators were so chilled. I think so of them need a trip to Hawaii. The site is still looking good. I should get on your Japanese links before I forget all my 12 kanji... :)

mb7241
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby mb7241 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:54 am

Awesome site. I wish you luck with it.

Wanted: Your imported RPGs (regular and limited editions)! Inquire via PM :) .

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:35 am

Well, I think a lot of people here (readers and lurkers) are always on the lookout, so I try to welcome just but anything. As long as people aren't annoying, I generally don't mind.

I need to come up w/ a stores link section. Takes a little bit of work, but no that hard. I'll try to do that next update.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

GenkiVideoGames.com
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby GenkiVideoGames.com » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:31 am

Thank you MB. It's nice to find a board where the wolves don't hunt in packs! The site is always tasty Gaijin Punch san, it really shows how much effort you must put in. But we'd certainly approve of a stores link section. :)
If there are any members of the import gaming cognoscenti out there with views on our site we'd love to hear from you. Especially if you can correct our synopsis of relatively unknown titles on the site or recommend some killer, but pretty much unheard of, apps. We'd love to benefit from your wealth of knowledge as we already have from Gaijin Punch san's...

PCEngine_Hunter
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby PCEngine_Hunter » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:54 pm

Wow there are some great prices there compared to some other UK stores I have bought from in the past. I would be tempted to purchase some items but I am going to Japan for a year in March :D Well that and the Australian dollar sucks, especially to the pound :( .

GenkiVideoGames.com
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby GenkiVideoGames.com » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:01 pm

Chears man. Yeah, the Aussie Dollar sure ain't what it used to be. But we do try to keep our prices as low as possible even though imports from Japan are subject to a 17.5% tax here in the UK. :o
Still glad you enjoyed the PC Engine section and thanks for getting in touch. Enjoy your trip to Japan. Fausette Amour is getting hammered on the office machine at the minute if you happen across it... :)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:24 pm

GenkiVideoGames.com wrote:Chears man. Yeah, the Aussie Dollar sure ain't what it used to be. But we do try to keep our prices as low as possible even though imports from Japan are subject to a 17.5% tax here in the UK. :o

Are you kidding? Man, that sucks. You know, after living in the states most of my life, and Japan a pretty good portion of it, I've been spoiled. I don't think I've been charged tarrif's on anything coming into the states, and Japan -- very little, and it was always clothes.

GenkiVideoGames.com
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby GenkiVideoGames.com » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:33 am

Yeah, its a hard life! :) Still once they've entered the European Union there isn't any charges of goods flowing around between countries like in the US between States I guess. I think we should defer to superior Japanese programming skills and make games an exception to the rule. I mean the UK's Spectrum and C64 computer glory days are long since gone.
Are there many other countires where you get stung for importing goods? I know Brasil is really bad which is why you got all those mad consoles developed over there....

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:08 pm

I think all of the common wealth countries, as well as most other European countries. Just about everywhere besides the US, I'm asked to declare values as very inexpensive gifts. My sister is a missionary in Croatia, and they even tax Xmas gifts we send her... and their dirt poor missionaries.

nem
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby nem » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:35 am

GenkiVideoGames.com wrote:But we do try to keep our prices as low as possible even though imports from Japan are subject to a 17.5% tax here in the UK. :o

Puh-lease, that's not even bad. We have 22% tax. That's why I usually buy my stuff from the UK :)

PCEngine_Hunter
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby PCEngine_Hunter » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:43 pm

Gaijin Punch wrote:I think all of the common wealth countries, as well as most other European countries. Just about everywhere besides the US, I'm asked to declare values as very inexpensive gifts. My sister is a missionary in Croatia, and they even tax Xmas gifts we send her... and their dirt poor missionaries.

In Australia it is rare to be taxed for games and DVDs etc unless you are a business of course, but even that is easy to get around. I have had packages of LDs come from Japan with declared value of $1200 and not be taxed. The official cap is $1000. It has only happened to me once and it was because a rather large order of anime DVDs from CD Japan was split into 4 packages and sent the same day so the stupid customs office taxed me like I was a business which is basically our 10% GST with "fees" on top of it, cost me $230 :roll: The only other problems fr me had been express packages from Amazon JP sent through DHL , they seem to think they can make up any old amount of taxes to charge people as do most of those rip off US courior sevices. They seem to have no regard for our laws which is why I never paid them.

warswift
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby warswift » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:27 am

will you be adding more games?

Bighab
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby Bighab » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:13 am

Nice site. Do you accept trade-in's? I wouldn't mind your Faussete Amour :D

warswift
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby warswift » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:20 am

the site needs more ds games.

GenkiVideoGames.com
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby GenkiVideoGames.com » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:11 pm

Hello again! Apologies for the delay in getting back.
I'll always remember getting a GameCube sent over and the exchange rate had been reversed so instead of

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby zinger » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:25 pm

Nice shop you've got there! However, I'd really like to be able to read about the condition of each and every game availiable. There were no notes about this in the MD section atleast, but maybe they're all near mint condition?

GenkiVideoGames.com
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby GenkiVideoGames.com » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:07 pm

Hey man. Thanks for the kind comments. It really means something to hear those sort of positive words from members of such an underground, hardcore forum.
Basically all the games are in good condition unless something is mentioned in the game info. Such games with special comments in the game info probably only amount to a handful that could be described as faded due to too much sunlight. But like I say 98% are in good condition to the point you may wonder if their previous owner actually played them! Generally we find the condition of Japanese second hand games much better than the condition of second hand UK games. Must be something to do with throwing objects around being taboo in Japan... Shame that doesn't apply to our office joypads!
All games are complete unless marked in the title by 'No Box' (for example Snow Bros. - of all the games to be unboxed!!! ) 'No Instructions' (maybe only mentioned in the info - I think this applies to only 2 or 3 of thousands of titles...) or 'Cart Only.' Again the vast majority of our games (96%) are complete. As collectors ourselves we only try to pick up complete and mint editions...
Hope this helps. We'll gladly check on any particular title(s) you may be interested in. As collectors ourselves we appreciate what a buzz a game in good condition can give. Thank goodness for Japanese gamers being collectors too. :)

warswift
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby warswift » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:26 am

hey , can I ask or pm me you about certain games that you might be able to get or anything.

GenkiVideoGames.com
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby GenkiVideoGames.com » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:49 am

Sure thing Warswift. We have PM-ed a message to you as to not inconvenience the other members out there. But we always love to hear from well educated hardcore gamers who frequent this forum. ;) Especially if you have any views on FM Towns or Famicom Disk System :P or any slick import titles we may have overlooked...
Mille grazie. :)

warswift
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby warswift » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:18 am

do you guys accept paypal :)

GenkiVideoGames.com
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby GenkiVideoGames.com » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:20 am

Hello again. Thanks for your enquiry.
We are sorry, but we do not at present use PayPal. We do however use WorldPay, which is one of the market leaders when it comes to secure credit and debit card transactions. If there was something you had an eye on and you don't wish to use WorldPay, please refer to the payment information in the following link:
http://www.genkivideogames.com/SecurityGenki.asp
Thanks. :)

warswift
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby warswift » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:31 am

great prices but the shipping is a killer plus money cost more to ship to us and total.

GenkiVideoGames.com
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby GenkiVideoGames.com » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:55 am

The 'standard' level of shipping is via a registered express service which gets priority, but more importantly gets there. Normal airmail shipping can't be tracked and so if it doesn't arrive there is little comeback. When it comes to shipping rare Japanese classics we like to ensure they get there without any trouble. Hope that you'll agree our titles are worthy of such VIP treatment. Besides it is the registered express fee that is the initial high cost for one unit, but prices don't increase much after that. If you are interested in more detail please check out http://www.genkivideogames.com/DeliveryCostsGenki.asp
Before I send everyone to sleep...! Thanks for the feedback though. ;)

Return to “Buy & Sell”