Import stores list

Buy, sell, trade, and beg for games in here.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

cenobite
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby cenobite » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:10 pm

Believe it or not, my game actually arrived today! Image

After 2 1/2 months of unsure waiting it finally arrived.
And in excellent "mint" condition, too, to be honest!

So what are my thoughts about Akibado so far?
  1. They're cheap
  2. They're slow
  3. They're very slow
  4. They don't respond to eMails
So I think they're good for grabbing a game off of Yahoo
Auctions that you don't need to arrive in a week or two..
or eight. Or if you want to get a XMas gift in mid-summer Image

The only drawback that remains for me is that I now have
two complete copies of DOOM Image

ceno

JoshF
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby JoshF » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:35 pm

Looking to sell one?

Von-Zipper
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby Von-Zipper » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:25 pm

Ok, first experience with akibado : very pleased.

they managed to find a brand new Puyopuyo osx bundle (which is already quite rare) in 3 weeks. fees amont = 1200 yen, which is quite fair for a 7500 yen game.

i'm waiting for my ems packet, a saturn grey pad on my powerbook ;)

radirgyman
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby radirgyman » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:55 am

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wondering if any of you has dealt with these guys:

http://www.toysnjoys.com/welcome.html

They have a long list of supposedly factory-sealed games in their non-budget, original editions, but they didn't confirmed that when they replied my e-mail. I also want to know if they sell Asian ("for home use only") versions as Japanese ("for Japan only") like many people do.

Opinions?

I would steer completely clear from these guys!

I ordered a so called new Game cube tos edition and it came second hand with missing parts!

After atleast 50 phone calls and much much heartache i finally got half of my money back! thanks to paypal's help!

Steer right away from these mongrels.

Recap
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Recap » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:30 pm

Toys n'Joys are DELINQUENTS. It was too late for me to realize, but I hope more people know it now:

http://www.insertcredit.com/archives/001479.html

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:39 pm

The sad thing is, they've got a lot of stock. There shops, in Hawaii, are not a bad place to shop if you want an import game "now". I've heard nothing but horror stories from their online shop though.

Von-Zipper
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby Von-Zipper » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:55 am

Small update

layzee
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby layzee » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:23 pm

OTAKU-YA! News wrote:September 21, 2007
Although "OTAKU-YA!" is not accepting the order from a new customer now, the order from an "OTAKU-YA!" customer friend is accepted.

I wonder why's that. Was hoping to get a bunch of 100 yen items.

Talon
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Talon » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:02 pm

Personal experiance is to stay away from Toys n' Joys because of their horrible service. For one their website is never up to date as far as stock. It will say in stock on the website and then it will be backordered. They never inform you about it either. I had to call them for months just to get back my money from the backordered games. They even sent me the wrong game that I ordered and asked me to send it back. They didn't even pay me back for the shipping cost. STAY AWAY from them at all costs unless you can confirm they have something in stock and it's a price you're willing to pay.

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:24 am

Yeah, there's a reason it's rated 1.56/10 on resellerratings right now... it's like all the people who kept tempting fate by ordering from Buyrite ignoring/without googling the plentiful reviews.

RadiantSvgun
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby RadiantSvgun » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:45 pm

Mad-Gear is a good store. Their prices are high because they stuff they sell is near-perfect. Super fast shipping.

charlienash87
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby charlienash87 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:55 am

I've done business with mad-gear before in person at a convention. He does have a lot of rare things in great condition. He's very knowledgable about games and a lot of other stuff. The only down side is his prices. He is VERY friendly which makes it difficult to say no to some of his very rare, more expensive items. I saw him the next day after buying some shooter related items and he brought more specifically for me. I tried to turn some of it down but his friendliness (and discount) got too me

JapanesePeso
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby JapanesePeso » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:05 am

Hi everyone! :) Just wanted to drop off a little note here letting you know about my online import game store: Rising Stuff. We're small but growing all the time and try to specialize in the harder to find Japanese systems and games. I'd post a link but I guess users with low post counts can't. So just go to risingstuff dot com and click on the link to the store to find it. :)

Would really love to hear any feedback or ideas on it. :) Been reading this site a bit and I like it a lot. Thanks for looking and let me know if there's anything special you're looking for or anything.

DC906270-BIL
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby DC906270-BIL » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:19 am

http://www.hot-potato.co.uk , used Japanese import game store run by myself. lots of rareties in stock, including Darius Rebirth box set

WERY
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby WERY » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:44 pm

Are there any new hints on where to find importstores? I had a look at some of these hints in the thread but the sellers seems to have changed a little over the years.

I have purchased from japangamestock and risingstuff(the latter one has closed down its webshop). Would be great as well to know about contacts for yahooo-auctions so one could import cheap games that way too.

Importstores I know about that has plenty of games:

JapanGameStock (webshop)
Hit Japan (ebaystore and webshop)
Akiba-connect (ebaystore)
The Duce

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:35 am

There's an invite-only Yahoo proxy here if you want to try it out. ;)
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

WERY
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby WERY » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:16 pm

The kind that helps me register at yahooo? Have'nt they taken precautions agianst "gai jins" who try to use that marketplace by tricks?

Or you mean I register and have the stuff sent to a contact who send them along to me later?
The Duce

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:25 am

The system here is a middle-man. YOu bid through the interface, I do the leg work (for a fee), etc. That being said, it's broken at the moment, so kind of pointless in joining until that's fixed. ;)
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

WERY
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby WERY » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:37 pm

Is that so? Well I shall have a look at it when it has been fixed and then try to learn about it :)
The Duce

layzee
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Re: Import stores list

Postby layzee » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:02 pm

Y*m*toku is really annoying me now. I don't if it's shill bidding or deadbeat bidders or both but I keep seeing the same items (literally the same) being relisted. I'll look at a listing and I think to myself "I could've sworn I saw this before", I do a completed listing search and yep, it ended with bids one month ago. And the winning "buyer" is basically 50% 100+ feedback or 50% single digit feedback so I have no idea what's going on. Bid what you are prepared to pay folks, and not a dollar more.
プロジェクトさいさいへい -まるごと埼玉最終兵器- All About S.S.H.
~Project SaiSaiHei - The Saitama Saisyu Heiki Fan Site~

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:36 am

Are they still around? I remember they were the first "business" that noticeably got into the Yahoo -> Ebay arb. I was kind of getting out of it, and was relatively small potatoes by comparison. They had more dough, time, and space, so just bid up all of it. Surprised the Japanese nerds didn't lynch them.

I should have written a book about all the YJ drama over the years.

The official account back in the day was "Yamatoku Office". Best one I remember was when someone got fed up and I think was going to outbid them on everything. The account was named "Yametoku Offense". :D :D :D

layzee
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby layzee » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:43 pm

Gaijin Punch wrote:Are they still around? I remember they were the first "business" that noticeably got into the Yahoo -> Ebay arb. I was kind of getting out of it, and was relatively small potatoes by comparison. They had more dough, time, and space, so just bid up all of it. Surprised the Japanese nerds didn't lynch them.

Sellers come and go but only they seem to stay (most of the sellers in this thread seems defunct). I wonder what their "humble" beginnings were like back in 2001 (I assume that's when they started). I didn't get my PayPal account until 2003 or 2004 so I was a bit late to the party. In this new eBay era of Buy-It-Nows, they seem to have completely cornered the auction market.

Gaijin Punch wrote:I should have written a book about all the YJ drama over the years.

The official account back in the day was "Y*m*toku Office". Best one I remember was when someone got fed up and I think was going to outbid them on everything. The account was named "Yametoku Offense". :D :D :D

Just did a search on that username and read some of your posts from 2014 on a different forum.

Well, that explains one of my suspicions. A month or two ago, I was bidding on or considering bidding on a few "Square Millennium Collection" sets (if you don't know, they are basically Limited Edition versions of certain Square PS1 games), that were on Yahoo! Japan Auctions. Shortly after (one or two weeks?), I see some SMC sets being sold on the Y*m*toku account. I check Y*m*toku daily so I know that SMC sets are one of their less common items to sell. These combination of games made me think "wait a minute... I could've sworn I saw these elsewhere..." (i.e. on Yahoo! Japan Auctions). After analysing the photos on both Y!J and eBay, I don't have any enough proof to say they are the exact same items but it does seem a bit of a coincidence. SMC sets aren't super rare but they're uncommon enough for me to notice the Y!J to eBay timing.

Does anyone know if this "Y*m*toku Office" or some other account is still being used? I come across familiar-sounding bidders on Y!J from time to time so I wouldn't be surprised if I outbid/got outbid by them before. Of course, like eBay, every username is almost completely anonymised so it wouldn't be "Y*m*toku Office" anymore.

Anyway, you seem to have a lot of stories dormant inside of ya. Feel free to share some of the chapter titles from this hypothetical book.
プロジェクトさいさいへい -まるごと埼玉最終兵器- All About S.S.H.
~Project SaiSaiHei - The Saitama Saisyu Heiki Fan Site~

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:15 pm

Yamatoku was (is?) one of the few accounts back in the day that actually had the same name, or similar enough, on both YJ and Ebay. I'm not totally sure, but they may have even said in their YJ Profile that they were resellers. Obviously the collectors (especially the Japanese ones) aren't huge on this, in the least. Then the pitchforks came out.

Stories... hmm... some users here could definitely jog my memory. Back when I first started doing this (late 1999... ugh...) when I barely had a scanner, retro game "RARE! import!" listings on Ebay were basically done by two accounts. Yawara and Adol. They had different names on YJ. I forgot how I figured out the former, but I think he said something in his YJ profile. The other I knew through infamy. The whole "seller does not ship internationally" craze was basically fueled by Adol. His (their) profile literally said, "shipping internationally is easy". They basically ignored the fuck out of it and bid on every rare PC-Engine, Saturn, and FC game around. It didn't help that they listed everything at a huge premium on Ebay. Their feedback had a lot of ticks, but it was roughly 50%. Wish I remembered the account. I'm sure it's deleted by now. That story comes up ever few years I think. It sucked b/c they made the handful of foreigners on YJ (and there were very few of us) look bad.

Another great one is documented at shmups (somewhere) when there were some rare Cave flyers posted. A few people under rgb_bubblebath duked it out, as did some shmups users under different names. It was pretty amazing.

Towards the end of my tenure in Japan, when the yen was strong, I would sell things on YJ as opposed to Ebay. A decent amount of those items were sold to other proxies. So, it's a bit of a flooded market I'm afraid.

Magic Knight
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby Magic Knight » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:48 am

Gaijin Punch wrote:Yamatoku was (is?) one of the few accounts back in the day that actually had the same name, or similar enough, on both YJ and Ebay. I'm not totally sure, but they may have even said in their YJ Profile that they were resellers. Obviously the collectors (especially the Japanese ones) aren't huge on this, in the least. Then the pitchforks came out.

Stories... hmm... some users here could definitely jog my memory. Back when I first started doing this (late 1999... ugh...) when I barely had a scanner, retro game "RARE! import!" listings on Ebay were basically done by two accounts. Yawara and Adol. They had different names on YJ. I forgot how I figured out the former, but I think he said something in his YJ profile. The other I knew through infamy. The whole "seller does not ship internationally" craze was basically fueled by Adol. His (their) profile literally said, "shipping internationally is easy". They basically ignored the fuck out of it and bid on every rare PC-Engine, Saturn, and FC game around. It didn't help that they listed everything at a huge premium on Ebay. Their feedback had a lot of ticks, but it was roughly 50%. Wish I remembered the account. I'm sure it's deleted by now.

http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/show/rat ... pa_2000_99

Absolutely spectacular feedback numbers.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:51 am

Hahaha -- indeed that's one of them!
There was another though. Something w/ the word "wolf" in it no? And I think adol_france

Here's some more fun:
http://pc6.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/yahoo/1102428377/
http://natto.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/yahoo/1018603005/

Memory lane, gentlemen. Memory lane.

Return to “Buy & Sell”