FS: DOJ Black Label Super Play DVD (Preorder)

Buy, sell, trade, and beg for games in here.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

FS: DOJ Black Label Super Play DVD (Preorder)

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:51 am

This is going to be released on 12.21. Includes two super plays (A-Type, B-Type) which are both no-miss, no-bomb up to Hibachi (I assume it's a bomb/death frenzy then). Also includes a 64 page book which has strategies, illustrations, rough sketches, and interviews with both IKD (developer) and HFD (player).

Price: $68 USD. Includes Paypal costs and shipping cost to me, plus a bit for my time
Shipping: $15 to the US, $18 to Europe. *Might* be a shade more, but unlikely.

I've preordered 10. 3 Are spoken for.
PM me if you're interested. I have to pay a few weeks before they arrive, so prepaying is preferred.

EDIT: After the warning I was informed that these are "made for Japan" and he just wanted to make sure I'd have a compatible deck. :)
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Limbrooke
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Limbrooke » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:38 am

Damn... if only I saw this 2 days earlier. Oh well, I believe my total is going to come out to around the same amount from where I pre-ordered from.

I also spoke to vgmworld.com and a couple other domestic serving sites to see if they could stock it. VGM is currently looking into it, so if I hear more I'll make a post.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:28 am

I'm not sure if they will limit me to 10... that's just what the form had. In all likeliness, I could get more. Blowing through 10 shouldn't be a problem though.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

jpj
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby jpj » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:41 pm

although nakano is a fairly common name, i wonder if this guy is somehow affiliated with cave...? seems like he has obtained legal permission from them

the replay seems to be a nigh on perfect 3+ billion with each ship O_O

drboom
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby drboom » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:18 pm

I'm pretty excited to see this and I would be ordering one from you, but I have gone on a bit of a pcb buying tear getting ready for the arrival of my Astro City.
Is this the first superplay DVD of DDP: DOJ BL?

zombiz
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby zombiz » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:45 pm

GaijinPunch: just PM'ed you about the "DOJ Black Label Super Play DVD" preorder.

drboom: yes, i think it's the first DDP: DOJ BL superplay dvd.
(there was one DDP: DOJ [normal version] superplay dvd included with the ps2 version.)

jpj
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby jpj » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:04 pm

i have a vhs tape of ISO doing type A and B with 2.5+ scores (black label), but it's kind of a drag as it's recorded in tate. and it's on vhs. and i can't transfer it because it's copy-protected.

this will be pretty much the same, but a "flawless" play. i've never seen a video of doj (either version) where a player fully combos stage 4 on both loops. even the arika dvd has the odd mistake if you look closely at 2-4.

HFD is a legend

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:08 pm

Is that the run that's on Super Play, jpj? A doujin DVD popped up on YJ not long ago as well. Went for a lot of dough.

jpj
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby jpj » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:08 am

it's one of them, yeah. the video is type A and type B (although he uses the name ZNA for this run - but i can confirm it is ISO. he also uses the name T.B on occasion as well :) )

super-play only has the type a run i think, and the hibachi omake (also on the cassette)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:51 am

Super Play has both it seems. I wonder how this player is, and if the score is higher, of course.

jpj
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby jpj » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:11 am

ah, maybe i was thinking of the dvd version of ISO's play. i remember sven has it and it only features type B.

according to aiva:
http://www.aiva.emuita.it/gamest.php?pag=D

HFD is a pure fucking beast. 3.5 billion basically means *no mistakes, no breaks in the chain, and no bombs* for the entirety up to hibachi. even that ISO run, he pussies out occasionally and bombs or hypers his way through a bosses last pattern (even on on the first loop he does this). it's an amazing play, but you can see ISO carefully balance the scales of risk and reward.

according to shmups.com, the replays on this dvd are 3.4 and 3.5 billion - so that is essentially a *perfect play*.

drboom
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby drboom » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:26 am

This will make more sense then, as I will probably never get the PS2 game. I've never played it, but the video replays make it look brutal. And fun.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:48 am

Black Label is pretty wicked. It focuses more on scoring (by giving shitloads of hypers). I can change stages 1-2.5 on white, which I used to warm me up for Black. Now, I only play Black (although I've been busy as shit lately and haven't touched any shooting games in weeks).

drboom
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby drboom » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:53 am

Gaijin Punch wrote: (although I've been busy as shit lately and haven't touched any shooting games in weeks).

For shame. :)
I'm still working in 1cc'ing DoDonPachi, so I don't think I am ready for DOJ yet. But, it is a must buy (pcb, of course).

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:38 am

The PS2 version is very faithful, and has some great extras. It's way harder than DDP, but I didn't play DDP for score, only for a clear. I basically try to chain as much as I can in DOJ but of course, it falls apart a bit past the stage 3 mid-boss.

jpj
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby jpj » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:03 am

have you got access to a black label GP?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:53 pm

jpj wrote:have you got access to a black label GP?

One across town in Hey! Akihbara
One about a 20 minutes cycle in Mikado Shinjuku
*looks under TV*
One connected to my super gun ;)

CIT Seven Force
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby CIT Seven Force » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:11 pm

I didn't know you have a DOJ BL. Nice one, mate! ;)

It's definitely way more accessible than the regular version. Used to play it a fair bit last time I lived in Japan.

sven666
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby sven666 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:13 pm

i have a spare DDP DOJ BL PCB for sale if anyones interested in a little something to go along with their DVD :D

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:29 pm

citcelaid wrote:I didn't know you have a DOJ BL. Nice one, mate! ;)

Yeah, got it recently. Paid out the ass, but it's complete... well, the instruction sheet is a copy, but I'll live. I got the poster separately for a steal, so when you put the two together, I came out on top.

jpj
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby jpj » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:05 pm

yeah, but deep down you really wanna sell me the poster and pop marquee :D

i should probably start a high score thread for it on shmups. and yeah, BL is just a more balanced experience. there are also a couple of scoring tricks you can do in BL that can't be done on the white label ;)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:01 am

I was thinking of starting the thread. I would definitely participate. I know 3 other people at shmups w/ the board... only one would post a score though, I'm sure.

You should really just add it to the White Label thread... keep it all condensed. I need to play it a bit. Like a dumb ass I broke out some Cannon Dancer last night, and finally figure out what the fuck I should be doing.

wanna sell me the poster and pop marquee

They'd cost way more than the board. :)

jpj
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby jpj » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:16 am

yeah, it's a shame half the forum had their boards blow up :cry:

at least everyone will get in the top 10 this time :D

sven666
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby sven666 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:58 am

jpj wrote:at least everyone will get in the top 10 this time :D

haha :)

i had my dead board fixed, works like a charm :)

jpj
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby jpj » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:52 pm

awesome! get your score in dude :)

Return to “Buy & Sell”